+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Monk off to Leeds

Re: Gary Monk off to Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    An embarrassing 900 in immitation Real Madrid shirts will hit us if last season is any guide. Strangely quiet too for away fans.

Sheffield Wednesday were impressive though. Put Leeds to shame.
    dont talk daft , if you get leeds first game of season your arse will fall out they will be thousands down there, thats unless sky televise a leeds game as per usual.

I'm pretty sure that it was nothing to do with the Swansea connection, but, for me, Monk came over as one of the least impressive managers interviewed in this superb book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Volc...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I thought there was an arrogance and a sense that he thought he had "cracked" the job in his first year at the Liberty which made what happened to him subsequently less of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    dont talk daft , if you get leeds first game of season your arse will fall out they will be thousands down there, thats unless sky televise a leeds game as per usual.
    Where were these thousands last season?

I remember the last time you brought a decent number down. It was a certain fa cup tie when you were flying high. How did that turn out for you? I'm not sure whose arse fell out more that day - your shithead players or your shithead fans whining about how mean we were to you.

Perhaps you were there that day? It would certainly explain your obsession with us

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it was nothing to do with the Swansea connection, but, for me, Monk came over as one of the least impressive managers interviewed in this superb book

I thought there was an arrogance and a sense that he thought he had "cracked" the job in his first year at the Liberty which made what happened to him subsequently less of a surprise.

Every time he was interviewed after a game on MOTD, he seemed if he was on the verge of a heart attack/breakdown.

Nothing was ever an Abertawe Town's player fault.

And (NSASWA), remember, he stated he would reprimand his own players if they dived/cheated, (how will this go down with the weeds scum)

Man is an egoistical t**t.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Every time he was interviewed after a game on MOTD, he seemed if he was on the verge of a heart attack/breakdown.

Nothing was ever an Abertawe Town's player fault.

And (NSASWA), remember, he stated he would reprimand his own players if they dived/cheated, (how will this go down with the weeds scum)

Man is an egoistical t**t.

"once great club" Sick of hearing this every time i switch on the radio.

They are the joke of British football. Ultimately they were not as big as they thought they were lived behond their means and destroyed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    "once great club" Sick of hearing this every time i switch on the radio.

They are the joke of British football. Ultimately they were not as big as they thought they were lived behond their means and destroyed themselves.
    Bit like Newcastle then.

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Bit like Newcastle then.
    Nope.

Leeds are worldwide.

They once played in a semi final.

Back when the ball had laces.

Leeds and Monk deserve each other.

It has disaster written all over it again for Leeds. Again.

Pile your money on for the managerial sack race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Leeds and Monk deserve each other.

It has disaster written all over it again for Leeds. Again.

Pile your money on for the managerial sack race.
    should be quite interesting in the championship next season, some top managers at various clubs.

benitez - newcastle

di matteo - villa

pearson - derby

monk - leeds

and finally trollope at cardiff.

Monk at Leeds is great news. We'll get our usual 6 points again.

Although the chances of him making the second fixture are about as high as Leeds finishing in the top half for once.