+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs...

Giggs...

Apparently on his way out at Man U. Vinnie seems to have a healthy respect of all things Man U, would he try to tempt him to come here? Would Giggs come?

Re: Giggs...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Apparently on his way out at Man U. Vinnie seems to have a healthy respect of all things Man U, would he try to tempt him to come here? Would Giggs come?
    Catch up at the back we've appointed Paul Trollope

So what? I see that as a non-factor.

So what? I see that as a non-factor.
    Then you are blind

I'd have had him 10/15 years ago......ooooer, that sounds like his sister in law talking.

he spent half is career missing matches for wales due to suspicious injuries , but then would miraculously recover for important games with man utd, hardly a patriot

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    he spent half is career missing matches for wales due to suspicious injuries , but then would miraculously recover for important games with man utd, hardly a patriot
    Whats that got to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Whats that got to do with anything?
    it means he would be very choosy about where he went if he left man utd, i dont think cardiff would be near the top of his list do you ?

it means he would be very choosy about where he went if he left man utd, i dont think cardiff would be near the top of his list do you ?
    A ****ing lot higher than Leeds though

Why would his patriotism have anything to do with that choice you ****ing idiot?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Why would his patriotism have anything to do with that choice you ****ing idiot?!?!
    he as no credentials as a manager, so therefore he could be an ideal choice for cardiff,

It's a good emotive question you pose and, at the risk of replying civil-like to the original question and trying hard not to bring personalities into it.... :hebe:

Man U were awesome for a couple of decades and still a good side with a legend of a manager at the time Tan took charge at City.
    Since then Man Utd's profile has dipped dramatically and, having set their own high standard, they are now perceived as a club in crisis... fickle VT may well have "fallen out of love" with them.

The fact that Giggs has no managerial experience apart from Number 2 alongside good, poor and average managers (in that order) with Man U and, in my opinion is only marginally less of a gamble than OGS.

For these reasons I would have thought Tan would not be tempted from a managerial perspective... not number 1 anyway.

The question of whether Giggs would come, assuming Tan would want him (at least initially) to work alongside Trollope...
    Giggs, although much of his family are here, has never had a real affinity for Cardiff and would not be swayed emotionally.
    It would therefore have to appeal to Giggs as a good stepping stone to management and if I were in his shoes, I would seek assurances of Tan's ambition for the club.

With Giggs now seemingly on his way out of Man U, it will be interesting to see whether he is really up for a challenge outside the Man U protective 'blanket'.
    My guess is he would rather be number 2, preferably to one of his Man U colleagues already in management.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's a good emotive question you pose and, at the risk of replying civil-like to the original question and trying hard not to bring personalities into it.... :hebe:

Man U were awesome for a couple of decades and still a good side with a legend of a manager at the time Tan took charge at City.
    Since then Man Utd's profile has dipped dramatically and, having set their own high standard, they are now perceived as a club in crisis... fickle VT may well have "fallen out of love" with them.

The fact that Giggs has no managerial experience apart from Number 2 alongside good, poor and average managers (in that order) with Man U and, in my opinion is only marginally less of a gamble than OGS.

For these reasons I would have thought Tan would not be tempted from a managerial perspective... not number 1 anyway.

The question of whether Giggs would come, assuming Tan would want him (at least initially) to work alongside Trollope...
    Giggs, although much of his family are here, has never had a real affinity for Cardiff and would not be swayed emotionally.
    It would therefore have to appeal to Giggs as a good stepping stone to management and if I were in his shoes, I would seek assurances of Tan's ambition for the club.

With Giggs now seemingly on his way out of Man U, it will be interesting to see whether he is really up for a challenge outside the Man U protective 'blanket'.
    My guess is he would rather be number 2, preferably to one of his Man U colleagues already in management.
    Think Giggs would want to be paid a bit more than Slade was and Trollope, presumably, is - that puts an end to any Giggs for Cardiff arguments as far as I'm concerned.

I see absolutely no reason that Giggs would be any better than Ole? In fact Ole had much more experience than Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Staying in the Prem not Champ would also be important to Giggs and so on those criteria, he could fancy a role alongside Mark Hughes at Stoke, were it available.