+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Much better for Wales if we remain in Europe

Much better for Wales if we remain in Europe

On Thursday I'm voting from a Welsh perspective and not from a GB one.

Wales gains millions of pounds each year from the EU that helps funds jobs, infrastructure, and training for our young people. At the same time Welsh companies, and GB ones for that matter, earn millions of pounds exporting goods to EU countries.

If GB leaves not only would we lose millions in grant aid but our export companies would have to pay huge tarifs (taxes) on exporting their goods to European markets. Brexit would be disastrous for Wales.

Some people are saying that the British government would beneft financially from leaving. That may or may not be the case but if it did happen would a Tory government in Westminster spend the same amount as the EU does in Wales? Of course they wouldn't. Any savings made by a GB government would be used to fund tax cuts for the rich people of SE of England.

So come Thursday defend Welsh people and Welsh communities - not the wealthy people of SE England - they already have enough money.

I would urge you all to vote Remain for Wales!

Re: Much better for Wales if we remain in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy View Post

Wales gains millions of pounds each year from the EU that helps funds jobs, infrastructure, and training for our young people. At the same time Welsh companies, and GB ones for that matter, earn millions of pounds exporting goods to EU countries.

If GB leaves not only would we lose millions in grant aid but our export companies would have to pay huge tarifs (taxes) on exporting their goods to European markets. Brexit would be disastrous for Wales.

Some people are saying that the British government would beneft financially from leaving. That may or may not be the case but if it did happen would a Tory government in Westminster spend the same amount as the EU does in Wales? Of course they wouldn't. Any savings made by a GB government would be used to fund tax cuts for the rich people of SE of England.

So come Thursday defend Welsh people and Welsh communities - not the wealthy people of SE England - they already have enough money.

My sentiments entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy View Post

I will be voting leave for myself

Much better for the whole of the uk to remain, not just wales.
    The improved trade agreements gets us back 10 times what we pay to be a member.