+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal reportedly bidding for Vardy...

Arsenal reportedly bidding for Vardy...

...should he stay or should he go?

I'll be sorry to see this team break up (if it happens). At least the new financial deals for the Premiership mean that clubs do not have to sell their better players.

Re: Arsenal reportedly bidding for Vardy...

I'd love to see Leicester keep their players and add one or two more, there is absolutely no reason why they can't have a another crack at it.

They should all stay.

Vardy especially will probably fail elsewhere (especially Arsenal where they'll play a ball into the channel for him to chase once every 8 matches).

Like Dortmund at the moment, if one (or 3) leave, the rest will start to disband too. Dortmund have let Hummels & Gundogan go, and Reus/Aubamayang/both are only a decent bid away from going their separate ways. Same with Mahrez/Kante/Okazaki/Schmeichel.

£20m for a non-technical 29 year old. This is unusual for wenger.

Love Linekers advise to Vardy to stay, didn't he bolt away from the very same club, perhaps he should wear his soiled underpants on his head for every episode of MOTD.

He's a one season wonder

Bookmark it

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    He's a one season wonder

Bookmark it

I Bet he ain't worried , he has genuine pace though,however his age is against him, I'd get the best deal whilst a marketable commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    I Bet he ain't worried , he has genuine pace though,however his age is against him, I'd get the best deal whilst a marketable commodity.
    At 29 "his age is against him"?
    Absolute Balderdash!...

He carries no weight, has genuine pace and has only just realised his potential.
    29 is not old for a guy who has not had to endure the "hard graft" of say a Wayne Rooney, training hard day in day out with huge expectations from chairman, manager and fan... oh and every patriot come internationals.

No. Vardy has plenty of years ahead of him. Although, as has been pointed out, Arsenal don't like to play the Vardy style so he'd have to 'develop' his style a new Arsenal striker... or perhaps Arsenal might have to evolve their style to suit Vardy??

Wenger under pressure....
    They've tried the Barca way which didn't quite work so perhaps a new approach is on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    They should all stay.

Vardy especially will probably fail elsewhere (especially Arsenal where they'll play a ball into the channel for him to chase once every 8 matches).

Like Dortmund at the moment, if one (or 3) leave, the rest will start to disband too. Dortmund have let Hummels & Gundogan go, and Reus/Aubamayang/both are only a decent bid away from going their separate ways. Same with Mahrez/Kante/Okazaki/Schmeichel.

Exactly this ^^

I see the tender, guiding hand of his 'representatives' in this - not to mention the loving concern of his newly-acquired wife.

Money and a lingerie model - an irresistible combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    I see the tender, guiding hand of his 'representatives' in this - not to mention the loving concern of his newly-acquired wife.

His representative? It's the one chance in his life to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country. He hardly needs a representative to make that decision for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    His representative? It's the one chance in his life to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country. He hardly needs a representative to make that decision for him.
    Where did I say Vardy's reps would make the decision?

They are simply stirring the pot - contacting Arsenal etc.

stirring the pot...I'm sure arsenal hadn't heard of Vardy before his agents rang them up.

stirring the pot...I'm sure arsenal hadn't heard of Vardy before his agents rang them up.
    And how else would Arsenal know of the £20m buy-out clause?

Yes a lucky man indeed, just a pity he's an obnoxious racist ****

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yes a lucky man indeed, just a pity he's an obnoxious racist ****
    You forgot 'weasel-faced'.

Yes indeed a good point, we seem to forget poor agents earning needs, I guess it's more to activate clubs like Everton in case they are due to lose their main striker?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    At 29 "his age is against him"?
    Absolute Balderdash!...

He carries no weight, has genuine pace and has only just realised his potential.
    29 is not old for a guy who has not had to endure the "hard graft" of say a Wayne Rooney, training hard day in day out with huge expectations from chairman, manager and fan... oh and every patriot come internationals.

No. Vardy has plenty of years ahead of him. Although, as has been pointed out, Arsenal don't like to play the Vardy style so he'd have to 'develop' his style a new Arsenal striker... or perhaps Arsenal might have to evolve their style to suit Vardy??

Wenger under pressure....
    They've tried the Barca way which didn't quite work so perhaps a new approach is on the cards?
    As you age you slow down and injuries take longer to recover from ,hence 29/ 30 can be a good selling window and option for both and club. Vardy relies on both speed and being injury free.

As you age you slow down and injuries take longer to recover from ,hence 29/ 30 can be a good selling window and option for both and club. Vardy relies on both speed and being injury free.
    £20M is a no brainer though in today's market. I expect they'll get 3 good years at least from him and recoup most of the outlay selling on Wellbeck. That said they'll need to transform their style of play to get the Vardy we've seen last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    £20M is a no brainer though in today's market. I expect they'll get 3 good years at least from him and recoup most of the outlay selling on Wellbeck. That said they'll need to transform their style of play to get the Vardy we've seen last season.
    You don't think Arsene will have noticed the contribution Vardy has made to England's performance while playing in their 4-3-3?

You don't think Arsene will have noticed the contribution Vardy has made to England's performance while playing in their 4-3-3?
    He looked fantastic against Germany a few months ago but yeah the problem will lie against sides not so willing to attack. He'll be a bench player for England and rightly so

And how else would Arsenal know of the £20m buy-out clause?
    Right, that's the only way isn't it?

If Vardy was an 18 year old choosing to play in chelsea's reserves for a pot of cash then you might have a point, but I can't see how a move to Arsenal is majorly influenced by agent, wife and money.

If Vardy was an 18 year old choosing to play in chelsea's reserves for a pot of cash then you might have a point, but I can't see how a move to Arsenal is majorly influenced by agent, wife and money.
    Meanwhile, back in the real world....

Meanwhile, back in the real world....
    Let's say new York offer him 200k a week. Do you think he'd choose that over arsenal?

Zlatan is 34 and would be wanted by many clubs