+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glammy v Hampshire 20 20 live on Radio Wales

Glammy v Hampshire 20 20 live on Radio Wales

Re: Glammy v Hampshire 20 20 live on Radio Wales

Cheers mate.
    For some reason I can't pick it up on the radio.

Yer i struggled with the radio tonight

Good Bowling Glam - Hampshire all out for 141

Excellent bowling. We got every chance of winning it from here but you know Glammy.
    I wanted to go tonight but none of my mates are interested in cricket. My only hope was my son but he's off out with his girly.

Terrible start to the batting...10/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    57 for 2 off 5.5 now

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    57 for 2 off 5.5 now
    Yeah, since then:

After the usual nightmare to get to the ground followed by problems finding somewhere to park I was very pissed off to find the Fosters Stand closed off meaning my 88 year old dad had a long walk to find a seat.
    It got a lot better after that. Over 6100 at the game and the ground looked superb. The bowling and fielding were excellent and you really could see the extra pace in Steyn's bowling.

After the usual poor start Donald and Ingram destroyed Hants but Donald does have a tendency playing reverse sweep type shots and getting himself out. There followed a wobble but Cooke saw the team home for an excellent win on a lovely early summers evening.

Ten out of ten for effort from the PA but he is trying to hard and his constant requests for us to 'make more noise' was irritating.

Just got back and all that stuff. Entertaining game and a very good performance from Glamorgan. First time I'd seen Donald bat, terrific knock from him. He came in at 9 for 2 but didn't waste any time consolidating, his first six scoring shots were five 4s and a 6 and he went on to get 55 off 27 balls. He's only 19 so I'm sure we should be sending him on loan to Chesterfield to further his development but good luck to him anyway. Ingram and Cooke batted well too and the bowling and fielding was good on the whole, Steyn looked a handful in his second burst. 6,000 crowd, a good atmosphere and perfect weather, I hope I didn't dream it all.

Make more noise , Ali ?

Feed the snake, feed the snake!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    After the usual nightmare to get to the ground followed by problems finding somewhere to park I was very pissed off to find the Fosters Stand closed off meaning my 88 year old dad had a long walk to find a seat.
    It got a lot better after that. Over 6100 at the game and the ground looked superb. The bowling and fielding were excellent and you really could see the extra pace in Steyn's bowling.

After the usual poor start Donald and Ingram destroyed Hants but Donald does have a tendency playing reverse sweep type shots and getting himself out. There followed a wobble but Cooke saw the team home for an excellent win on a lovely early summers evening.

Ten out of ten for effort from the PA but he is trying to hard and his constant requests for us to 'make more noise' was irritating.
    I try and let that stuff wash over me. I know 20/20 cricket isn't aimed at melancholics like me so there's no point in complaining about it. As long as they keep any cameras or dragons away from me, I'm ok with it.

One odd thing happened to me tonight. When Donald got to his 50 I moved slightly and got a shooting cramp in the back of my thigh. I flew out of my seat and then, to cover my embarrassment, made out I was giving Donald a standing ovation. The guy in the seat next to me then got up and did the same which made me feel better about it. He must've thought I was Donald's dad or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Very strange that the Fosters Stand wasn't open at all this evening. Another 500 or so walk up crowd and there'd have been mayhem up in the Cathedral Rd end as people kept coming in even 8 overs into the match.

I kept looking over to see if the steward there was going to take away that 1st green curtain to open the 1st 2 blocks of the Fosters Stand. Instead they went up to shout at the 4 lads who went to sit over the green line away from the full corner.

Tino Best got quote the reception from that end of the ground...

[QUOTE=Loramski;4631941]I try and let that stuff wash over me. I know 20/20 cricket isn't aimed at melancholics like me so there's no point in complaining about it. As long as they keep any cameras or dragons away from me, I'm ok with it.

One odd thing happened to me tonight. When Donald got to his 50 I moved slightly and got a shooting cramp in the back of my thigh. I flew out of my seat and then, to cover my embarrassment, made out I was giving Donald a standing ovation. The guy in the seat next to me then got up and did the same which made me feel better about it. He must've thought I was Donald's dad or something.[/QUOTE

He has the talent and strokeplay to become a very special player.
    Not sure the balance of the side is right as it's bowler top heavy. Wagg at 6 and Meschede at 7 means we have a bit of a tail with Steyn at 8

Very strange that the Fosters Stand wasn't open at all this evening. Another 500 or so walk up crowd and there'd have been mayhem up in the Cathedral Rd end as people kept coming in even 8 overs into the match.

I kept looking over to see if the steward there was going to take away that 1st green curtain to open the 1st 2 blocks of the Fosters Stand. Instead they went up to shout at the 4 lads who went to sit over the green line away from the full corner.

Yep I saw those four lads sitting down there and had just walked past them when the steward went up to move them. Bit OTT.Tino did get a bit of banter from that stand and it was very noisy when Sammy bowled his one over and got smashed all over the place.
    A really good night and Glammy go top!

Not a great night for Tino. Out for a duck, 0-29 off his first two overs and taunted by the crowd, he probably thought it couldn't get any worse. Then he got moved to field on the boundary where he got ruthlessly heckled by someone dressed as a Dalmatian. He'll laugh about it one day.

Spoke briefly with Donald last week at the oval - well got pissed and took a selfie with him he is a nice lad and could be something special and has a great start in the 3 T20 games. Think Glammy have a decent balance to their T20 side this year still early days though!