+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you're booked a train to/within France....

If you're booked a train to/within France....

I put this in the Bordeaux thread but in case anybody missed it.

Keep an eye on your emails right up until departure. I was notified at 19:15 last night that my train tomorrow was cancelled. Luckily I came across it yesterday evening when pulling some info together for France, but all the helpdesk phone lines were closed by the time I did. Got a day off today and managed to get through to Eurostar this morning to change it, but won't know about our train coming home until we're in France.

The information SNCF send you is quite crap and mostly in French. Hopefully most trains are running or people will be be moved easily enough - mine arrives 10 minutes later so no drama in the end. Probably just best to keep an eye out though, particularly in the 24 hours before you go/travel whilst the strike is on. Good luck everybody.

Re: If you're booked a train to/within France....

Good luck to those who need to overcome the ferry strike, train cancellations and petrol shortages in France. I am going to fill my tank and two spare canisters in Portsmouth. See you there, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Good luck to those who need to overcome the ferry strike, train cancellations and petrol shortages in France. I am going to fill my tank and two spare canisters in Portsmouth. See you there, hopefully.

Not allowed to take any spare fuel are you? I have a marine petrol tank that I was going to take but was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to take it on the ferry.

Petrol shortages are all but gone as far I as i read 2 days ago, but with the french it could all kick off again at any time.
    Last edited by Barry Dragon; 08-06-16 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Not allowed to take any spare fuel are you? I have a marine petrol tank that I was going to take but was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to take it on the ferry.

Petrol shortages are all but gone as far I as i read 2 days ago, but with the french it could all kick off again at any time.
    10 litres are permitted according to the RAC.

Feedback

unless you're on a moped you ain't getting far with that

10 litres of fuel or a 10 litre container? My tank is 25 litre!

With all the disruption and restriction on fuel, ferries, trains, booze, along with the terrorism warnings, it's becoming a kind of Duke of Edinburgh style expedition. The football is fast becoming an incidental

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/fa...ol/diesel-cans

My wife is a Tour Manager taking a group to Italy via France.

On Saturday , Sunday and Monday various French Trains were cancelled
    without warning meaning they were 7 hours late getting to Chamberry and
    then 10 hours late getting to Milan , arriving at 2 in the morning.

Be prepared.

I may join Crusty the clown in the Algarve and pick and choose which games to watch in between porking Mrs piggy