+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bordeaux Roll Call

Bordeaux Roll Call

Hi All

As I'm sat here in work, unable to do any work as my mind is firmly set on Saturday in Bordeaux, I thought I'd create a roll call for Saturday....

I'll be there bright and early (as long as the coach doesn't break down!!) and will in the pub from 0915 ready to watch the annual thrashing of Wales in the egg sport , before getting ready for the real game later in the day...

Re: Bordeaux Roll Call

I am driving down with an old mucker being my passenger. Staying in the SW of France on for the Toulouse game.

Arrive on Thursday evening. Planning to ingratiate ourselves with the locals supporting France on Friday night before the main event.

Feedback

flying out on Thursday.

I'll be there. Leaving Thursday night on a Wonky Sheep.......will have a couple of spares too.

Arrive afternoon on the Friday staying reasonably central! Will be around to watch the opening match that night

For those that are interested in watching the egg, I have had confirmation from the following pubs that they will be open and showing the NZ vs. Wales game:

Dog & Duck
    HMS Victory
    Sweeney Todds

I'll be there, for those who'll be there on the Friday are you planning on going to the fan park for the Friday night opening game?

We are fairly central so assume that is as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I'll be there, for those who'll be there on the Friday are you planning on going to the fan park for the Friday night opening game?

We are fairly central so assume that is as well?
    Yes, it's close to the museum of modern art and opera house so very convenient for us all really.

We're playing it by ear and having a recce on arrival. Probably guided by where we can most easily get a beer.

Reserve

Getting the Megabus and due to arrive in Bordeaux around 6:15 AM Saturday after leaving London 10:30 AM Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoo27 View Post
    Hi All

As I'm sat here in work, unable to do any work as my mind is firmly set on Saturday in Bordeaux, I thought I'd create a roll call for Saturday....

I'll be there bright and early (as long as the coach doesn't break down!!) and will in the pub from 0915 ready to watch the annual thrashing of Wales in the egg sport , before getting ready for the real game later in the day...
    I will be in Bordeaux, if you are there at 915 mind you will miss the rugby!

Flying out Sat morning. 👍

Staying Friday in Poitiers. Get into Bordeaux about 12 on Saturday.

Have a great time , give my love to Novak the Slovak hope to see you in Toulouse with something to play for

We arrive near Bordeaux on Friday, then having a week in we France before heading to Toulouse then back later in the week after the Russia game

get there Friday afternoon about 4.chuck bags in then heading of to fanzone.

As long as my train isn't cancelled will arrive Friday! billy no mates until the Saturday. Happy to take in the sites and then head somewhere for the french game.

Staying fairly central in airbnb. If you see a lonely looking guy stoned and smelling of skunk come say hi1

Paris Thursday evening and Friday. Bordeaux on Saturday only arriving a few hours before the game. Staying overnight before back to Paris on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Paris Thursday evening and Friday. Bordeaux on Saturday only arriving a few hours before the game. Staying overnight before back to Paris on Sunday.
    Flying out and back on the day. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytaff View Post
    Flying out and back on the day. Can't wait
    Are you on theStrachan Travel plane ?

Flying from Luton tomorrow lunchtime , be there about 4 pm . Mates arriving various flights most days till Saturday , can't wait .
    Wine tour on Friday might be messy !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Are you on theStrachan Travel plane ?
    Not sure mate. Just know chartered for Wales fans and leaving Bristol at eight

Flying to Barca then Toulouse early Thursday morning, high speed choo choo to Bordeaux on morning of the game, back on choo choo to Toulouse that night

Me and Mrs Bluebird fly out on friday. 3 days in Bordeaux then pick up a car and head off to the coast for a couple of days. Probably work our way across the Pyranees before three days in Toulouse. Then a drive up to near Strasburg, dump the car and meet up with a French friend before eventually flying back from Frankfurt.

Three weeks of French food and wine with some football thrown in, can't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Flying to Barca then Toulouse early Thursday morning, high speed choo choo to Bordeaux on morning of the game, back on choo choo to Toulouse that night

Check your emails, my choo-choo has just been cancelled. Need to try and sort out tomorrow.