+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did Nigel do ?

Re: How did Nigel do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So you agree his £2bn of wealth is irrelevant. Thanks. You were comparing your time in Canada with his time in the UK. I'm guessing you didn't live for decades in Canada, and I'm also guessing you're not a Canadian citizen.

Matthews owns businesses in Wales, he is a UK citizen, he has a vote, he has an opinion. So what's the problem?
    My glasses are getting thicker year on year but I'm not yet blind, I have checked my post and cannot find where I said his £2bn of wealth is irrelevant, please feel free to highlight this and I'll make another appointment with my optician, I think, I did say his employees who would be working in the UK would be eligible to vote and I believe this to be correct, I am struggling to see what your point is?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    My glasses are getting thicker year on year but I'm not yet blind, I have checked my post and cannot find where I said his £2bn of wealth is irrelevant, please feel free to highlight this and I'll make another appointment with my optician, I think, I did say his employees who would be working in the UK would be eligible to vote and I believe this to be correct, I am struggling to see what your point is?.
    You said the fact you have £100 is irrelevant. The fact I have a debt is irrelevant. So, in the same vain, the fact Matthews has £2bn is also irrelevant? If it is relevant, I'm bemused as to why.

My point is, you were the one that brought Matthews' wealth into the equation - and I don't quite know why.

You said the fact you have £100 is irrelevant. The fact I have a debt is irrelevant. So, in the same vain, the fact Matthews has £2bn is also irrelevant? If it is relevant, I'm bemused as to why.

My point is, you were the one that brought Matthews' wealth into the equation - and I don't quite know why.
    OK, I give in for a couple of hours have something to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What makes ex-pats spongers if they have contributed to a pension like the rest of us?
    Their only receiving what they have paid for-in fact their probably saving the country money as they are not using the NHS or having bus passes etc.
    Like Dr Lecter said roll on Friday -in France for 12 days away from all the negativity surrounding this referendum and home the day before the vote to stick with the devil we know purely on instinct and nothing else.

International

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Their only receiving what they have paid for-in fact their probably saving the country money as they are not using the NHS or having bus passes etc.
    Like Dr Lecter said roll on Friday -in France for 12 days away from all the negativity surrounding this referendum and home the day before the vote to stick with the devil we know purely on instinct and nothing else.
    I'm currently classed as an 'Ex Pat'. I am in receipt of my national pension for which I paid in more than enough stamps during my employed years in UK, and I receive a private pension which I have paid into a UK Bank, and pay tax on the portion of it over my personal allowance.
    If i lived in UK I'd probably be entitles to all kinds of things because I couldn't live on both those together in UK.
    so would he like me to come home and be a further burden on top of my drawing a pension. It is a mistaken belief that all ex pats are loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'd rather he would invest a little more of his obscene wealth in Wales rather than give advice to a country, to which he doesn't reside in, why is it that those who leave Wales always seem to think they know whats best for Wales ?
    You might find Terry Matthews employees a lot of welsh people, and the events at the Celtic manor have generated both supply jobs and wealth for wales via tourism, with both his resort and the business firm he managed beforehand also situated in Wales .

Whichever way you paint this going out , is a risk , and guess who will take the hit , not the rich ???

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would seem money is the most important thing in your life. Keeping our country safe is mine .Who gives a flying **** what Mathews has to say ? Once w e come out we should stop paying pensions to the sponging ex pat community. If they don't want to.live here good luck to them but claimthere benefits from whichever country they choose to live
    Are you talking about pensions or benefits? A pension is not a benefit. I worked from age 15 and paid my taxes and nat ins all my working life. My pension is an entitlement, and if I chose to live anywhere outside the UK I am still entitled to my pension. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm currently classed as an 'Ex Pat'. I am in receipt of my national pension for which I paid in more than enough stamps during my employed years in UK, and I receive a private pension which I have paid into a UK Bank, and pay tax on the portion of it over my personal allowance.
    If i lived in UK I'd probably be entitles to all kinds of things because I couldn't live on both those together in UK.
    so would he like me to come home and be a further burden on top of my drawing a pension. It is a mistaken belief that all ex pats are loaded.
    I have mates who I worked with who live abroad because basically it's cheaper.They are certainly not loaded but have a more comfortable lifestyle.Each to his own good luck to them-they are most definitely not parasites!!!

He's a UK citizen - same as you.
    Same as all Scottish ex pats had a vote in the Scottish referendum?

NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Same as all Scottish ex pats had a vote in the Scottish referendum?

NOT.
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about the EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And the Leave campaign has given us solid facts??

re the "trade thing" the minute we come out, we lose EU grants, we expose ourselves to export tariffs, our goods and services will still have to comply with EU regulations etc

The truth is, NOBODY knows for sure what the outcome is if we leave, do you want to take that chance?

for me, i have seen facts, we pay more into the EU that we get back, thats accepted by both sides, even if it is 10% of the 350 million per week, its still better being spent in the UK, one of the " fact checker sites -- fullfact.org " i read said " in In 2015 we paid in £8.5 billion more than we got back, or £23 million a day. " now surely this cannot be right

Turkey and a few Balkan countries are awaiting membership of the EU, I wonder what they will do ? ? ? Hmmmm stay in Albania earning 350 euro's a MONTH or head over to the UK and earn that in 1 week clearing tables somewhere, oh and then jump for joy when the goverment top up my wages because i have 2 children in school ( for free ) with a couple of hundred pounds a month in child benefit and family tax credit

I recently posted about my trip to franky and benny's and the eastern Europeans ( polish i guess )

Now i have nothing against these, i bet if i was born Albanian i would be moving my family over here for a better life, BUT this will stretch our public services even more, schools, health care etc etc

now them 2 above are facts, with that in mind and with the lack of other facts and loads of " what if's " and " maybe's " i am diffidently leaning towards Leave

ref the trade thing again, we Import more than we export ( another accepted fact ) and will these EU countries risk us putting import tariffs on everything ? ? No the likely situation will be a blanket 0 % from all sides, of course this isnt a fact, but it would be the only sensible outcome

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    for me, i have seen facts, we pay more into the EU that we get back, thats accepted by both sides, even if it is 10% of the 350 million per week, its still better being spent in the UK, one of the " fact checker sites -- fullfact.org " i read said " in In 2015 we paid in £8.5 billion more than we got back, or £23 million a day. " now surely this cannot be right

Turkey and a few Balkan countries are awaiting membership of the EU, I wonder what they will do ? ? ? Hmmmm stay in Albania earning 350 euro's a MONTH or head over to the UK and earn that in 1 week clearing tables somewhere, oh and then jump for joy when the goverment top up my wages because i have 2 children in school ( for free ) with a couple of hundred pounds a month in child benefit and family tax credit

I recently posted about my trip to franky and benny's and the eastern Europeans ( polish i guess )

Now i have nothing against these, i bet if i was born Albanian i would be moving my family over here for a better life, BUT this will stretch our public services even more, schools, health care etc etc

now them 2 above are facts, with that in mind and with the lack of other facts and loads of " what if's " and " maybe's " i am diffidently leaning towards Leave

ref the trade thing again, we Import more than we export ( another accepted fact ) and will these EU countries risk us putting import tariffs on everything ? ? No the likely situation will be a blanket 0 % from all sides, of course this isnt a fact, but it would be the only sensible outcome
    Do you think there are 5.23 million "clearing table" vacancies in the UK for all the Turkish and Albanian people just waiting to come to the UK? Just think, we could end up with a Frankie and Benny on every street corner to provide the jobs - that could be a benefit for you.

Do you think there are 5.23 million "clearing table" vacancies in the UK? Just think, we could end up with a Frankie and Benny on every street corner to provide the jobs - that could be a benefit for you.
    when did i say anything about 5.23 million ? ? ?

but nevertheless, them 2 points are undisputed by both sides, we pay more into the EU than we take out AND turkey and Balkan countries are waiting for membership to the EU

I've said previously, if the vote on 23rd June was to join the EU (having never been members), I'd vote to stay out. It sounds daft, but both sides are useless and neither has convinced me that change is necessary.
    If we had never been a member we might be a much poorer country by now, so people would probably be clamouring for us to join to get the benefit of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If we had never been a member we might be a much poorer country by now, so people would probably be clamouring for us to join to get the benefit of it
    once again another " might "

when did i say anything about 5.23 million ? ? ?

but nevertheless, them 2 points are undisputed by both sides, we pay more into the EU than we take out AND turkey and Balkan countries are waiting for membership to the EU
    We pay more into running the EU than we get spent on projects here, but the membership of the free trade area gets us 10 times more back than it costs us to contribute to the running of the EU.
    As investments go it's a no brainier .

We pay more into running the EU than we get spent on projects here, but the membership of the free trade area gets us 10 times more back than it costs us to contribute to the running of the EU.
    As investments go it's a no brainier .
    I will add a " might " to that, who is to say if we come out, we might get a 0 % tariff trade agreement, as we import more than we export, the idea just might work

once again another " might "
    Almost certainly would be a lot poorer then. Our membership of the EU gets us 10 times more back than we put in. That's a big hole to fill without any clear explanation of how being apart from the EU will make our economy any better

I will add a " might " to that, who is to say if we come out, we might get a 0 % tariff trade agreement, as we import more than we export, the idea just might work
    We only import more from 2 countries - Germany and the Netherlands. All the other countries would have to agree to a 0% trade agreement, and there is no credible source that thinks we are going to get anything like that.

We only import more from 2 countries - Germany and the Netherlands. All the other countries would have to agree to a 0% trade agreement, and there is no credible source that thinks we are going to get anything like that.
    maybe, but with no hard facts, we will never know

It's kind of obvious to me that if we aren't agreeing to some of the terms that the EU wants then we won't get as favourable terms in the things that we want.otherwise Norway wouldn't be accepting free movement of people or contributing to the EU budget would they?
    Farage et Al have sold you a dud, they say you can have your cake and eat it. But it isn't going to happen.

for me, i have seen facts,

I'm sorry, but please don't tell me you are basing such an important decision due to the "fact" that some Polish bloke brought you your Cousin Mario's Spag Bol??

Sure, we pay in more than we take out, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that much. What you're not factoring in is the additional revenue that flows to businesses via improved trade, which would arguably dwarf any hard cash that "we" receive.

Richyrich

44% of UK exports go to the EU, while just 8% of what the EU exports goes the other way.

Do you seriously believe we hold the upper hand when it comes to making a trade deal?

With Johnson and Gove doing the deals we would end up with a WTO deal. Then we would be ****ed.

Do you think there are 5.23 million "clearing table" vacancies in the UK for all the Turkish and Albanian people just waiting to come to the UK? Just think, we could end up with a Frankie and Benny on every street corner to provide the jobs - that could be a benefit for you.
    I live in a quaint little town about 20 mfiles away from of London. I am petrified that 60 million Brits who live in comparative shit holes are fully entitled to up sticks and move here. Why exactly wouldn't someone living on an estate in Manchester not want to live here instead?

Here is one more fact.

The GDP of the uk is about 2 trillion.

So crude maths would suggest that if leaving the EU negatively affects the UK economy by even 0.5% then leaving would be a poor economic choice.

Or maybe I can't add up.