Thread: How did Nigel do ?

How did Nigel do ?

ITV Euro debate

Re: How did Nigel do ?

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Meh.
    I thought he held his own to a point, the pharma chap put him under severe pressure and wasn't really allowed to nail him

Farage is very good in these sort of debates but tonight wasn't one of his best performances.

Certainly struggled against the pharma chap and was completely shown up by the black British woman over the dangers of his racist comments earlier today.

Cameron needs a good performance tonight as he's starting to struggle.

Julie Etchingham was my favourite.

I don't think anything has shifted after tonight.

Yup, a score draw, Cameron all about the economy, Farage all about migration, having them apart at least resulted in a no question time esque petty squabbles wasting time

For those of us old enough to remember the "clapometer" on some god-awful tv show, there was only one winner and it sure as hell wasnt Farage. How he can stand there and almost suggest GDP isnt important is frankly laughable!

Have you tried Dulcolax or Senokot?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Have you tried Dulcolax or Senokot?
    Sir. Are you suggesting that I'm full of shit?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/busines...thews-11439615

Surely Wales at least will heed the advice of one of our most successful businessmen every time over the crazy ideals of Farage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/busines...thews-11439615

Surely Wales at least will heed the advice of one of our most successful businessmen every time over the crazy ideals of Farage?

I'd rather he would invest a little more of his obscene wealth in Wales rather than give advice to a country, to which he doesn't reside in, why is it that those who leave Wales always seem to think they know whats best for Wales ?

It would seem money is the most important thing in your life. Keeping our country safe is mine .Who gives a flying **** what Mathews has to say ? Once w e come out we should stop paying pensions to the sponging ex pat community. If they don't want to.live here good luck to them but claimthere benefits from whichever country they choose to live

Farage is excellent at debating with politicians but not so good at dealing with questions from members of the public. Tonight's performance was not that good in my opinion.

As for Cameron he was disingenuous telling us he had secured a proposal to restrict benefits to migrants but omitting to point out that this has yet to be formally agreed and was equally slippery on some of the other issues. We all know his renegotiation was a total flop but he tried to kid us all that it was a success.

Neither performed well so the public at large is unlikely to be any the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    For those of us old enough to remember the "clapometer" on some god-awful tv show, there was only one winner and it sure as hell wasnt Farage. How he can stand there and almost suggest GDP isnt important is frankly laughable!
    The largest applauses of the night came when Cameron's questioners gave him very thinly veiled "I don't believe you've done anything positive in your EU negotiations" comments.
    Last edited by Ainsley Harriott; 07-06-16 at 21:29.

Sir. Are you suggesting that I'm full of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would seem money is the most important thing in your life. Keeping our country safe is mine .Who gives a flying **** what Mathews has to say ? Once w e come out we should stop paying pensions to the sponging ex pat community. If they don't want to.live here good luck to them but claimthere benefits from whichever country they choose to live
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The largest applauses of the night came when Cameron's questioners gave him very thinly veiled "I don't believe you've done anything positive in your EU negotiations" comments.
    surely no-one believe's he went over and got us a better deal he came back with fook all apart from his tail between his legs

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    surely no-one believe's he went over and got us a better deal he came back with fook all apart from his tail between his legs
    What sort of deal would we get if we leave?

It would be in the EU's interest to see us struggle to show life outside the EU is no bed of roses to the other nations.

I could easily see the EU cut off it's nose to spite it face regarding the UK and in 10 years we will be on our arse begging to be let back in.
    Last edited by Richyrich; 07-06-16 at 23:31.

Richyrich

Imagine Johnson, Gove, Redwood and Smith going out there and trying to tie up the deal. We may as well turn the lights out.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'd rather he would invest a little more of his obscene wealth in Wales rather than give advice to a country, to which he doesn't reside in, why is it that those who leave Wales always seem to think they know whats best for Wales ?
    The entire human community is allowed to express an opinion. Why would you want to dismiss view's on the basis of the geographical location of the opiner? It's new one on me, I haven't come across such an informal fallacy before.

How did Nigel do? The same as he always does - came across like a one issue pub bore.

As for call me Dave, I just don't get it with him. I must be missing something because he always comes across to me as patronising and mediocre, but he must have something I suppose to have got his party back into Government after more than a decade of stumbling about shell shocked after what happened in 1997.

The thought of voting for a cause backed by either man is a depressing one for me and I'm afraid it's becoming a case of which option is least worse.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 08-06-16 at 03:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    be gentle to he'll flounce again

David coburn of ukip seems to have uncovered a conspiracy here. Important work.IMG_20160608_074232.jpg