+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did Nigel do ?

Re: How did Nigel do ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How did Nigel do? The same as he always does - came across like a one issue pub bore.

As for call me Dave, I just don't get it with him. I must be missing something because he always comes across to me as patronising and mediocre, but he must have something I suppose to have got his party back into Government after more than a decade of stumbling about shell shocked after what happened in 1997.

The thought of voting for a cause backed by either man is a depressing one for me and I'm afraid it's becoming a case of which option is least worse.
    Couldn't agree more Bob.

This referendum campaign has shown just how pathetic our so called leaders are. Neither side are making the case for in or out - it's all just scaremongering and bullshit.

Roll on Friday so we can worry about what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would seem money is the most important thing in your life. Keeping our country safe is mine .Who gives a flying **** what Mathews has to say ? Once w e come out we should stop paying pensions to the sponging ex pat community. If they don't want to.live here good luck to them but claimthere benefits from whichever country they choose to live
    I agree with the benefits bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Couldn't agree more Bob.

This referendum campaign has shown just how pathetic our so called leaders are. Neither side are making the case for in or out - it's all just scaremongering and bullshit.
    thats the issue, the STAY lot are just using " mights and maybe's " and rubbishing the " out "

The Out are telling us about this saving in money terms and pointing out that with more and more countries joining the EU and potentially heading over here for our " better than they have lifestyle and earnings " the risks that brings ( stretching public services are the main issue )

The STAY lot havent really given many facts, as they just do not know what will happen, the trade thing doesnt add up to me, will XXY company stop buying a specific part from ABC company due to us not being in the EU, of course they will not

How did Nigel do? The same as he always does - came across like a one issue pub bore.

As for call me Dave, I just don't get it with him. I must be missing something because he always comes across to me as patronising and mediocre, but he must have something I suppose to have got his party back into Government after more than a decade of stumbling about shell shocked after what happened in 1997.

The thought of voting for a cause backed by either man is a depressing one for me and I'm afraid it's becoming a case of which option is least worse.
    The election isn't about voting for Farage or Cameron. If it was, I would abstain and, further, would remove myself from the electoral register in protest.

I am, currently, voting the same way that David Cameron will vote (assuming he isn't a secret brexitier). And, probably, for different reasons than him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    thats the issue, the STAY lot are just using " mights and maybe's " and rubbishing the " out "

The Out are telling us about this saving in money terms and pointing out that with more and more countries joining the EU and potentially heading over here for our " better than they have lifestyle and earnings " the risks that brings ( stretching public services are the main issue )

The STAY lot havent really given many facts, as they just do not know what will happen, the trade thing doesnt add up to me, will XXY company stop buying a specific part from ABC company due to us not being in the EU, of course they will not
    And the Leave campaign has given us solid facts??

re the "trade thing" the minute we come out, we lose EU grants, we expose ourselves to export tariffs, our goods and services will still have to comply with EU regulations etc

The truth is, NOBODY knows for sure what the outcome is if we leave, do you want to take that chance?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The entire human community is allowed to express an opinion. Why would you want to dismiss view's on the basis of the geographical location of the opiner? It's new one on me, I haven't come across such an informal fallacy before.
    Plus, Matthews gets a vote doesn't he? Therefore his opinion is a legitimate as anyone else's.

Sorry, what nonsense. I am happy to get swayed by the LEAVE lot. I have listened to and read a lot more from the LEAVE campaign than the REMAIN because I am voting to stay but can be persuaded by a decent argument and some decent facts from the Leave camp. And, no facts have come out that haven't been tailored to scaremonger people. The ridiculousness of a claim that there will be 5.23 m migrants, the fact that they merely quote what the UK spends on the EU, but neglect to mention what comes in from the EU (yes, I know we are a NET contributor, but it really isn't costing the UK £350m per day).

Neither side has given many facts. Both sides have been scaring the electorate to vote one way or the other. If the Leave camp can come up with some cast iron facts that show that the UK will definitely be better out than in and they drop the "Little Englander" style they are using presently - they'll get my vote.

Farage was warning of riots caused by mass immigration a few weeks ago - is that a fact?

I didn't say it was about individuals, but I've yet to come across one among the most prominent members of either cause that has inspired me to vote for their's - quite the opposite actually.

It looks like I'm in a similar position to you in that I'm a remain voter by instinct, but I've found their campaign to be dismal, negative and lacking the qualities needed to fire people towards supporting staying in - if anything, it's made me less likely to vote the way I would have done if the referendum had been held a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 08-06-16 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Plus, Matthews gets a vote doesn't he? Therefore his opinion is a legitimate as anyone else's.
    Lives in Canada, votes for UK membership of EU.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And the Leave campaign has given us solid facts??

re the "trade thing" the minute we come out, we lose EU grants, we expose ourselves to export tariffs, our goods and services will still have to comply with EU regulations etc

The truth is, NOBODY knows for sure what the outcome is if we leave, do you want to take that chance?
    This is where I stand. If the Leave camp can convince me that the UK's trade will benefit from being out, then they get my vote. If they can convince me that the country is more secure by voting out, they get my vote. They've been incapable of doing that until now and, likewise, the Stay camp has done nothing to convince me that staying in is for the long-term benefit of the country.

However, I have to vote, so I vote for the devil I know, and not the devil I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Lives in Canada, votes for UK membership of EU.
    He's a UK citizen - same as you.

He's a UK citizen - same as you.
    He has dual nationality, he's not the same as me.

I didn't say it was about individuals, but I've yet to come across one among the most prominent members of either cause that has inspired me to vote for their's - quite the opposite actually.

It looks like I'm in a similar position to you in that I'm a remain voter by instinct, but I've found their campaign to be dismal, negative and lacking the qualities needed to fire people towards supporting staying in - if anything, it's made me less likely to vote the way I would have done if the referendum had been held a couple of months ago.
    I've said previously, if the vote on 23rd June was to join the EU (having never been members), I'd vote to stay out. It sounds daft, but both sides are useless and neither has convinced me that change is necessary.

He has dual nationality, he's not the same as me.
    I think it's only an issue because his viewpoint differs from you. He has the right to vote, he is a UK citizen, he is entitled to his opinion regardless.

Depends if the tariffs imposed on UK goods will make ABC's stuff more expensive.

I think it's only an issue because his viewpoint differs from you. He has the right to vote, he is a UK citizen, he is entitled to his opinion regardless.
    It's an issue to me because, he is voting on an issue regarding my future and direction of the UK, but he chose to leave the UK and take citizenship of another country, he is entitled to his opinion but he also gets a vote. Just because I've been to Canada, I wouldn't want to vote on, if Ontario, would like their dustbins collected monthly instead of weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    What sort of deal would we get if we leave?

It would be in the EU's interest to see us struggle to show life outside the EU is no bed of roses to the other nations.

I could easily see the EU cut off it's nose to spite it face regarding the UK and in 10 years we will be on our arse begging to be let back in.
    There we are. At least somebody has swallowed Cameron's "The end is nigh" doom mongering.

It's an issue to me because, he is voting on an issue regarding my future and direction of the UK, but he chose to leave the UK and take citizenship of another country, he is entitled to his opinion but he also gets a vote. Just because I've been to Canada, I wouldn't want to vote on, if Ontario, would like their dustbins collected monthly instead of weekly.
    But Matthews "hasn't just been" to the UK has he? He's lived here. In fact he employs a number of people here. He has retained his British citizenship. Comparing his position as someone who lived/employs/pays taxes in the UK to yours as an infrequent tourist to a country is a false dichotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    There we are. At least somebody has swallowed Cameron's "The end is nigh" doom mongering.
    So, can we say that you have swallowed Farage's "The End is Nigh" doom-mongering as well then?

It would seem money is the most important thing in your life. Keeping our country safe is mine .Who gives a flying **** what Mathews has to say ? Once w e come out we should stop paying pensions to the sponging ex pat community. If they don't want to.live here good luck to them but claimthere benefits from whichever country they choose to live
    What makes ex-pats spongers if they have contributed to a pension like the rest of us?

But Matthews "hasn't just been" to the UK has he? He's lived here. In fact he employs a number of people here. He has retained his British citizenship. Comparing his position as someone who lived/employs/pays taxes in the UK to yours as an infrequent tourist to a country is a false dichotomy.
    Whilst comparing an opinion of someone worth 2.03 billion and rising, to a John Doe UK citizen.
    For the record, I have a high regard for him and what he has achieved during his life as someone who was born in Wales, but the regards stops there regarding his legality to vote. You see so many ex pats on here eulogising regarding Wales but they f***ed off

OK.

Person A. Has worked all his life as a carpenter. Started work at the age of 16, worked until he was 66. Paid his NI. Paid his taxes. Saved up a load of money because, from the age of 16, he always had the dream of living in Spain. Retires, and moves to Spain. Draws on his pension (that he paid for through NI).

Person B. Has also worked all his life as a carpenter. Started work at the age of 16, worked until he was 66. Paid his NI, paid his taxes, didn't save for a retirement home in Spain because he quite likes the wet dreary UK weather. Retires. Draws on the pension that he has paid for through his NI.

Which one is the sponger and why?

Whilst comparing an opinion of someone worth 2.03 billion and rising, to a John Doe UK citizen.
    For the record, I have a high regard for him and what he has achieved during his life as someone who was born in Wales, but the regards stops there regarding his legality to vote. You see so many ex pats on here eulogising regarding Wales but they f***ed off
    And you were the one who stated off comparing your situation with that of Terry Matthews. You can't cry foul now.

You could quite easily move to Canada - and retain your right to vote in the UK. Matthews has a vested interest - he has a number of businesses and employees based in the UK. The referendum affects him as much as it does you - albeit for different reasons. The fact he has £2bn, you have £100 and I have a debt for £20,000 is nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 08-06-16 at 08:59.

You could quite easily move to Canada - and retain your right to vote in the UK. Matthews has a vested interest - he has a number of businesses and employees based in the UK. The referendum affects him as much as it does you - albeit for different reasons. The fact he has £2bn, you have £100 and I have a debt for £20,000 is nothing to do with it.
    His employees have a right to vote, thus this is irrelevant, I have a £100 this is irrelevant, you may have a debt this is irrelevant (well regarding the vote!!!).

His employees have a right to vote, thus this is irrelevant, I have a £100 this is irrelevant, you may have a debt this is irrelevant (well regarding the vote!!!).
    So you agree his £2bn of wealth is irrelevant. Thanks. You were comparing your time in Canada with his time in the UK. I'm guessing you didn't live for decades in Canada, and I'm also guessing you're not a Canadian citizen.

Matthews owns businesses in Wales, he is a UK citizen, he has a vote, he has an opinion. So what's the problem?