+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Re: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Negativity about Jonny Williams is incredible to read on here, he was absolutely superb. As mentioned in previous posts, he won the free kick we scored from and should have had a clear pen from that horrible bastard Skrtel elbowing his face 3 yards off the ball. He worked hard and did great when called upon.

Ben Davies was the star of the show as far as the defence line goes, a magnificent performance. Ramsey seemed to run a marathon he was everywhere and was fantastic. Great to see Taylor and Gunter getting up the pitch and playing as wide as possible as it ultimately created the space for Robson-Kanu's goal, who changed the game when he came on. Well done to Danny Ward for being thrown in the deep end today and Edwards who did his job alongside a magnificent Joe Allen. On a final note, great to see Ledley get some minutes - a truly phenomenal recovery.

Ward - 7
    Gunter - 7
    Chester - 8
    Williams - 8
    Davies - 9
    Taylor - 7
    Edwards - 7
    Allen - 8
    Ramsey - 9
    Bale - 8
    J Williams - 8
    Williams was great.
    Spedgr

Don't understand the Williams criticism... He was dangerous throughout - beat players, numerous at times, on a number of occasions, won a tonne of free kicks, should have won us a penalty, created dangerous attacks - thought he was one of the best players on the pitch first half

Amazing performance by all players yesterday, so proud

My only issue with Williams is he tires very quickly can't remember him ever seeing out a full game otherwise thought he was great yesterday and like most don't understand all the criticism

One of our lot got a slap from an England fan for cheering Russia's goal. The one that put us top of the group.

Another England fan told me he "doesn't mind Wales". They're ***** and they don't even get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Yeah, thanks 🙄

I'd be delighted if we signed J Williams, Robson-Kanu, Chris Gunter etc. After this tournament.

Robson-Kanu particularly, who hasn't been the best for Reading, changed the game yesterday and wouldn't be surprised if he was at a Premier League club come August.
    I see Wales Online are saying that "club sources" are telling them we aren't interested in Robson-Kanu. I'd love us to sign one of the Welsh squad because I think it would help season ticket sales and, in virtually every case, we'd be getting someone who should improve our squad. You'd like to think that having Paul Trollope here might help in that regard because, if he really as good a coach as most people say he is, then the thought of working with him at club level should appeal to some of them - on balance though, I feel most of our signings this summer will be from mainland Europe.

Negativity about Jonny Williams is incredible to read on here, he was absolutely superb. As mentioned in previous posts, he won the free kick we scored from and should have had a clear pen from that horrible bastard Skrtel elbowing his face 3 yards off the ball. He worked hard and did great when called upon.
    He certainly had a very good first half - his best performance in a Wales shirt. But he ran out of steam badly in the second and I was relieved when Coleman finally took him off. Would prefer HRK to start against England and for Bale to play behind him. Bale seemed to spend most of the game jumping for headers rather than running at defenders. Hope Henno is back in goals, also. What's the recovery time for a 'back spasm'?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Wales Online are saying that "club sources" are telling them we aren't interested in Robson-Kanu. I'd love us to sign one of the Welsh squad because I think it would help season ticket sales and, in virtually every case, we'd be getting someone who should improve our squad. You'd like to think that having Paul Trollope here might help in that regard because, if he really as good a coach as most people say he is, then the thought of working with him at club level should appeal to some of them - on balance though, I feel most of our signings this summer will be from mainland Europe.
    I'd be delighted if we splashed the cash for Emyr Huws. And loan deals for Regan Poole and Harry Wilson would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    I'd be delighted if we splashed the cash for Emyr Huws. And loan deals for Regan Poole and Harry Wilson would be good.
    Emyr Huws, yes definitely.

Harry Wilson, although only 19, doesn't really look the part for now. Maybe in 3 years when he has proved his worth in League One, but he couldn't get in the Crewe team last season and had to be recalled.

Regan Poole, again early days and will probably go to a decent League Two club on loan like Portsmouth or Plymouth. Wouldn't get a look in at the moment with Connolly, Morrison, Manga etc. in front of him.

Doesn't seem to be much excitement on here, come on - surely the biggest and most important Welsh game (so far) is to take place tomorrow, at least in most of our lifetimes.

If Joe Ledley gets some minutes tomorrow that has to be one of the best recoveries from a broken leg I have ever known, though I would save him for the England game and play King for the duration.

Predicted line up:

Robson-Kanu

Ramsey....Bale

Taylor.......King....Allen.......Gunter

Davies Williams Chester

Hennessey

Sneaky 1-0 victory to Wales with an early Gareth Bale goal on 22 minutes.
    I am sure that lots of posters were at the game (I saw the Guv'nor at the hotel after the match)

How anyone can criticise any of the players is quite beyond me - to a man they all played well, some especially so, but more than that it was a very good team performance.

In fact, I can't think how the game and the day could have been better. The fans were superb, and in vast numbers in Bordeaux, and all having a good time. The city is lovely, the stadium was fantastic, the atmosphere unforgettable, and the game pulsating.

Quite outstanding all round.

Just fantastic.