+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

FT: Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Doesn't seem to be much excitement on here, come on - surely the biggest and most important Welsh game (so far) is to take place tomorrow, at least in most of our lifetimes.

If Joe Ledley gets some minutes tomorrow that has to be one of the best recoveries from a broken leg I have ever known, though I would save him for the England game and play King for the duration.

Predicted line up:

Robson-Kanu

Ramsey....Bale

Taylor.......King....Allen.......Gunter

Davies Williams Chester

Hennessey

Sneaky 1-0 victory to Wales with an early Gareth Bale goal on 22 minutes.

Re: Wales v Slovakia *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Do you really want to risk Bale? We've got the Euro's coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do you really want to risk Bale? We've got the Euro's coming up.
    Agree... might be worth saving him for the quarters. Even semis when the big boys come in.

1 nil Wales. Brilliant rearguard action after Leicester-type smash and grab.... no finger nails!
    Last edited by MacAdder; 10-06-16 at 10:58. Reason: Enhancement

Hope I'm wrong but I think Slovakia could surprise people.

Personally I'll take a point seeing as how we've got a guaranteed three in our second game.

Richyrich

Think we need to win this game, 2-1 Wales. Bring it on, Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much excitement on here, come on - surely the biggest and most important Welsh game (so far) is to take place tomorrow, at least in most of our lifetimes.

If Joe Ledley gets some minutes tomorrow that has to be one of the best recoveries from a broken leg I have ever known, though I would save him for the England game and play King for the duration.

Predicted line up:

Robson-Kanu

Ramsey....Bale

Taylor.......King....Allen.......Gunter

Davies Williams Chester

Hennessey

Sneaky 1-0 victory to Wales with an early Gareth Bale goal on 22 minutes.
    I think Vokes may start in place of Robson-Kanu - I can see us winning if Ramsey and Allen have big games with Bale playing to his normal level, but, to be honest, I'd take a draw if it were offered now, because we've looked so punchless in our last three games.

Have to agree with Dr Lecter and TOBW. A point would be welcome. We have looked pretty crap lately. A big game indeed as OP mentions. Come on Wales!!!
    Spedger

Blue in the Face

Don't agree. Form is irrelevant in games like this especially when our two most in form players didn't start the last game. We should go all out to win and I think we will.

Think Zenith has it almost right with the starting line up, though I'm not sure King will start? Maybe King will, but perhaps Ledley might have made it back in time. Or maybe Vaughan will get another go despite not being great against the Swedes. I suppose the good thing about Kng might be is that he can rotate with Ramsey, so if we're struggling, Ramsey can switch to a deeper position to get him on the ball at an earlier phase of play. Think Coleman likes to have Ramsey and Bale as close together as possible ideally which is why I'm suggesting he may opt to go with a designated DM. Ledley will be pushed to make this fixture because we need height against Slovakia. Ledley needs match sharpness too for the tournament. Think the "broken leg" thing has been over played in the press.

Vokes won't start. Tactically he doesn't suit the system we prefer to play which is why we have never seen him emulate club form. HAL will start I'm sure.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 11-06-16 at 11:30.

Shitting myself

Can't see us winning any games at all to be honest, just glad we're involved and happy to watch. Hope the lads give a good account of themselves but I'm under no illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Can't see us winning any games at all to be honest, just glad we're involved and happy to watch. Hope the lads give a good account of themselves but I'm under no illusions.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

Blue in the Face

Think Joe Allen's return to the side will have a huge impact.

We will win.

If we can beat Belgium we can beat Slovakia.
    Ledley wont start and I think King will take his place. HRK has only played 45 minutes of rugby in the last ten weeks so I think Vokes will start. Otherwise as per Zenith's s team.

Blue in the Face

Rugby? FFS no wonder he's injured...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Rugby? FFS no wonder he's injured...

I'm tired.

I can't even edit the fecking post either
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 11-06-16 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm tired.
    Thats my excuse when i am pissed

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Thats my excuse when i am pissed
    It will teach me from jumping between this forum and the Scum V rugby message board.
    I just hope Coleman plays Alun Wyn Jones up front against Slovakia.

Blue in the Face

If only putting the ball over the bar was a good thing....

BBC Wales Sport ‏@BBCWalesSport 5m5 minutes ago
    Wales goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey is believed to be a doubt for their Euro 2016 opener against Slovakia today because of a back spasm.

Blue in the Face

Merde!

Wayne has been exceptional in the qualifiers.

Good that we've primed the talented Danny Ward over the last six months, but a lot of pressure for a young lad.

Blue in the Face

Liverpool youngster Danny Ward set to start for Wales against Slovakia after Wayne Hennessey injury blow

http://talksport.com/football/euro-2...ia-after-wayne

Wayne Hennessey is set to miss Wales' opening Euro 2016 game against Slovakia.

talkSPORT understands the goalkeeper suffered a back injury in training on the eve of the Group B clash.

There has been no official word from the Wales camp but Danny Ward is expected to deputise for Hennessey in Saturday's game in Bordeaux.

Hennesey's absence would come as a big blow to Chris Coleman's side.

The Crystal Palace shot-stopper has been the undisputed number one in recent years and has won 57 caps for Wales since his debut in 2007.

Liverpool's back-up goalkeeper Ward has made only two international appearances - but the 22-year-old is now set to start against Slovakia.

Lots of players slipping on this Lens pitch.

Hennessy is out. ****.