+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Game Thursday

England Game Thursday

Not really about the game itself, but surely worrying that both Welsh and English fans will be congregated in Lens, and most likely Lille which is literally down the road, where Russia play Slovakia the night before. Could be messy next week.

Re: England Game Thursday

Yes a concern. Let's hope it doesn't kick off. I would like to think our fans will go there in a good spirits so I doubt they will be looking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes a concern. Let's hope it doesn't kick off. I would like to think our fans will go there in a good spirits so I doubt they will be looking for trouble.
    I'm pretty confident that our boys won't be looking for trouble, and England may be a bit battle weary by then, but I do worry about trouble finding them, in the form of the Russians.

Richyrich

We'll find out if England really are out there for a good time and the stories are true of them being ambushed or if they have got a significant minority who are out there looking for trouble.

I sincerely hope it's the former.

It's a worry.
    Especially if the English try and get us involved in their issue.

Ruskies are a big worry.
    They seem to go looking for trouble.
    And I heard on TV earlier that Russia was sactioned for fan trouble at EVERY GAME (that they played!) in 2012.

Ban the buggers from 2020? Doubt if Yoofah has the balls..(no pun intended)

the hooligan problem has never really gone away though has it, its under control in the UK, but when teams go abroad its a chance to relive the " old days " this must not have come as a surprise to people who have followed a team for more than 10 years ? ? ?

Russia really do have a massive issue, we know this, its hardly a secret, England love to have a " tear up " abroad, Now come Thursday if England try it on, do we expect a small % of Welsh fans to stand and take it, of course they wont, a few beers inside and group / crowd mentality will take over, it will only take a very very small % to set it of

England and Russia to face disqualification if there is any further trouble involving their fans (notification from Beeb on my phone just now)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/36333195 - part way down at 15:31
    Last edited by Penarth Blues; 12-06-16 at 14:43.

With lille and lens just across the channel, England will probably have 4 or 5 times the numbers that they had in marseille. Think the shoe will be on the other foot if the ruskies start again

Russians are definitely a big worry... Saw the Russian Ultra Twitter earlier and it was disgusting

One of the videos posted..

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    Russians are definitely a big worry... Saw the Russian Ultra Twitter earlier and it was disgusting

One of the videos posted..

The English mob genuinely seemed shocked when they realised that the Russians don't bother with the invisible wall.

UEFA just announced that England and Russia could be disqualified if their fans kick off again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    UEFA just announced that England and Russia could be disqualified if their fans kick off again.
    I would be very surprised if this happened.

Alcohol ban around stadiums and fanzones according to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Ruskies are a big worry.
    They seem to go looking for trouble.
    And I heard on TV earlier that Russia was sactioned for fan trouble at EVERY GAME (that they played!) in 2012.

Ban the buggers from 2020? Doubt if Yoofah has the balls..(no pun intended)

These Russians are more like gangsters, a bit like the original gangs here back in the 80's, proper criminals. They don't get banned because they tend to run the show where they live. Heard they swerved the main square where most England fans were and just picked off smaller groups. Plus they had weapons ffs. I hope they get the World Cup they bought with dodgy money taken off them. How come They don't have 1000's of banned fans like in the uk? Hope our boys are ok next Monday as it could be a deciding game with a lot riding on it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would be very surprised if this happened.
    If it kicks off again, UEFA will have no choice but to act upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    These Russians are more like gangsters, a bit like the original gangs here back in the 80's, proper criminals. They don't get banned because they tend to run the show where they live. Heard they swerved the main square where most England fans were and just picked off smaller groups. Plus they had weapons ffs. I hope they get the World Cup they bought with dodgy money taken off them. How come They don't have 1000's of banned fans like in the uk? Hope our boys are ok next Monday as it could be a deciding game with a lot riding on it.....
    150 Russians behind it apparently

They've trained for this and don't drink, they're not to be messed with

Horrible bastards

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Horrible bastards
    the crowd ratio will be massively in englands favour if wales win, it will kick off no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Horrible bastards
    They'd certainly give Den Haag a run for their money, there's no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the crowd ratio will be massively in englands favour if wales win, it will kick off no doubt about it.
    the russians are known to be serious trouble makers along with the poles, neither have the numbers england have over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    They'd certainly give Den Haag a run for their money, there's no doubt about it.
    den haag, on glentorans level in ireland and cardiff in wales.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    den haag, on glentorans level in ireland and cardiff in wales.
    I'd stick to replying to your own posts if I were you.
    Last edited by Baloo; 13-06-16 at 22:55.

Nothing the soul crew couldn't sort out surely ?