+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I just hope that our games against England and Russia avoid the off field scenes of Marseilles.

I just hope that our games against England and Russia avoid the off field scenes of Marseilles.

It,s a big ask.

Re: I just hope that our games against England and Russia avoid the off field scenes of Marseilles.

My younger Brother is going and I kind of wish he wasn't.
    Totally hypocritical... as my old man just mentioned on the phone as I would be there if I could.

Spoke with him yesterday after the game and he had a ball in Bordeaux yesterday. But Wednesday and Thursday is going to be toxic in Lens/Lille, with Russia playing there on the Wednesday.

I can't see Welsh fans looking for trouble but I think that it is going to find us.
    That being said, I think that our lot could probably handle ourselves better than the Lonsdale dap wearing lot from across the bridge.

Re: I just hope that our games against England and Russia avoid the off field scenes of Marseilles.

I hope we stay away from it, let them muddy their own reputation. However, if it does find us .... do your homework on how ultras like The Russians work. They pounce quickly in well-formed units which, against the English, worked well against a fragmented response. Im afraid if they attack it's a case of everyone running together or everyone standing together (one-in, all-in). Hold the line and make numbers count (e.g. Swarm them ... which is an alien trait for British people).

ps: I'm not at all a hard man (or former hooligan). Just a master tactician/strategist

Yep, sadly I think with all the best intentions in the world it's going to be very hard to avoid any violence at all. I'd love for it to be a similar atmosphere to Bordeaux but it's not going to happen.
    I'm taking my younger brother and will be staying in nuetral colours apart from during the game. There will probably be some small clashes with England fans sadly but even more worrying is that attacks by organised Russian groups is probably inevitable. As above I think Welsh fans will need to stick together in one area, safety in numbers and all that!

Dude .... don't let the threat dampen your spirits, you have every right to enjoy yourselves. As long as we don't goad opposition fans (and turn the other cheek if they goad us) and set out a friendly atmosphere, we can just let The English and Russians get on with it. Don't rise. Common sense, have your wits about you and .... DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH. lol. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Dude .... don't let the threat dampen your spirits, you have every right to enjoy yourselves. As long as we don't goad opposition fans (and turn the other cheek if they goad us) and set out a friendly atmosphere, we can just let The English and Russians get on with it. Don't rise. Common sense, have your wits about you and .... DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH. lol. Enjoy.
    Without a doubt, won't stop me enjoying it at all will just be taking a few extra precautions than usual and using some common sense to stay safe. I've no doubt that it wouldn't affect us supporting the boys!

Apparently the police presence in Marseilles was surprisingly light, can't see that happening in Lille, Lens and Toulouse

Packet of johnnies will stop those Russkies