+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we really want this?

International

Do we really want this?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36212080

Do we really want these people, or those that think like them, in this country?
    Over 1000 so called 'honour' killings just this year. It is they way they are taught.That is why there are problems like Bradford and other places. It is the way they are brought up and educated. Whether they were born here or not, their family teaches them these morals. Women for them are merely possessions to be used bought and sold.

And what bothers me is they have no desire what so ever to change.
    If they want to live in these countries with these laws and values, then they should stay there, not try to bring that country here.

Re: Do we really want this?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Over 1000 so called 'honour' killings just this year. It is they way they are taught.That is why there are problems like Bradford and other places. It is the way they are brought up and educated. Whether they were born here or not, their family teaches them these morals. Women for them are merely possessions to be used bought and sold.

If they want to live in these countries with these laws and values, then they should stay there, not try to bring that country here.
    This case occurred in rural Pakistan , these ppl would struggle to enter the UK anyway and it's really far away. A vast majority of us believe women should have rights and Pakistan has many prominent women.

And you used the word 'educated', well educated ppl in Pakistan tend to be more progressive with regards to women's rights

What you saying then ?
    It`s o.k. as long as it`s in their own countries ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What you saying then ?
    Lets start by keeping it out of our country .

Maybe later we will think about an International moral crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Lets start by keeping it out of our country .

Maybe later we will think about an International moral crusade.
    So no real concern for the women then?

International

What you saying then ?
    It is never OK.
    But if they cannot be stopped I do not want them in my country treating their own women like that, and then thinking they can treat young vulnerable British girls the same way.
    Adz, you say "A vast Majority". Why not all??
    What has being rural got to do with anything. Are you telling me we have to forgive them because they live in the countryside? Where did the other 1000 girls live?

So no real concern for the women then?
    OK . How would you go about rectifying it?

Send them a stern letter?

I don`t know the laws in the countries theses people come from I just know that what they are doing here is wrong and therefore these poor women MAY have a better chance than back in other countries.

International

I don`t know the laws in the countries theses people come from I just know that what they are doing here is wrong and therefore these poor women MAY have a better chance than back in other countries.
    It is against the law in Pakistan but all the 'elders' have said they are not interested in the law and will preserve their old ways.
    Read the full article and the attachments and maybe learn something.

I know a few people who are not interested in the law and they have persevered with their old ways and gone to prison.

International

I know a few people who are not interested in the law and they have persevered with their old ways and gone to prison.
    And probably convinced even more people whilst they were there to think the same way.
    Were they Muslim, and I know you did not say they were, people might say that putting them in prison is probably the faste track to 'radicalising ' them.
    but hey, what do I know?

And probably convinced even more people whilst they were there to think the same way.
    Were they Muslim, and I know you did not say they were, people might say that putting them in prison is probably the faste track to 'radicalising ' them.
    but hey, what do I know?
    i`m leaving the thread you had no concerns at all for the women you just wanted to spew your bile.

International

i`m leaving the thread you had no concerns at all for the women you just wanted to spew your bile.
    Which translates as "I have no answer"

It is against the law in Pakistan but all the 'elders' have said they are not interested in the law and will preserve their old ways.
    Read the full article and the attachments and maybe learn something.
    I wonder what the total figure is in the Uk,compared to domestic abuse and killings of women to non muslims

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I wonder what the total figure is in the Uk,compared to domestic abuse and killings of women to non muslims
    I think we are not judging apples with apples here.
    Domestic abuse happens everywhere, no question, and the are probably as many abused husbands as there are abused wives.
    But we are talking about a whole society that thinks it is acceptable to burn a female member of your family to death because she marries someone you don't like.
    Now you can be as liberal and/or PC as you please but tell me honestly, can you find any way that you can condone this?

I think we are not judging apples with apples here.
    Domestic abuse happens everywhere, no question, and the are probably as many abused husbands as there are abused wives.
    But we are talking about a whole society that thinks it is acceptable to burn a female member of your family to death because she marries someone you don't like.
    Now you can be as liberal and/or PC as you please but tell me honestly, can you find any way that you can condone this?
    Where did i say i did condone this,and i am not a liberal pc as you put it so do not put me in button hole pls.I just thought the article was not correct,my opinion

I don't want people who kill other people in this country.

I didn't think you lived here anyway?

I am not sure of the point of this thread.

Perhaps the opening poster could tell us which of us would condone the burning to death of a female. It's barbaric and none of us want that kind of scumbag in this country.

I could tie them up in knots, they'll be looking sheepishly at the ground speechless in no time.

maybe that would help

You have lost me on the logic of your post to be honest.

On what basis do you believe that the people that carried out these atrocious acts are trying to even come to this country let alone " bring that country here"?

It is never OK.
    But if they cannot be stopped I do not want them in my country treating their own women like that, and then thinking they can treat young vulnerable British girls the same way.
    Adz, you say "A vast Majority". Why not all??
    What has being rural got to do with anything. Are you telling me we have to forgive them because they live in the countryside? Where did the other 1000 girls live?
    Coz every group has some idiots. That always happens. Just like with the natives, a vast majority are not racist but there are some racist ppl such as Britain First.

Rural Pakistan has slight differences in culture, just like in America, some rural ppl are extremely unprogressive, it doesn't make the whole of America unprogressive. That said, not all ppl in rural Pakistan are like this. And it is hard for the average Pakistani to get into the UK anyways. 'Honour' killings are always wrong but plz don't twist my words for your agenda

but hey, what do I know?
    'Honour' killings are not Islamic, it contradicts the teachings of the Qur'an

Re: What particular rights do you think they should have then ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "A vast majority of us believe women should have rights"

What particular rights do you think they should have then ?
    Same rights as men

Re: What particular rights do you think they should have then ?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Same rights as men
    hang on a minute

thats fine aslong as they continue to do the cooking, cleaning and washing up

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It hasnt happened over the last 2000 odd years - what are the chances of it happening in the next 2000 ? it's 2016 - you've got 1984 years left to sort it.

My sons mate is Pakistani, talking to his mum about religion and about life in general in Pakistan - (as they go back often), she says that nearly all of Pakistan is more akin to bandit country - so seeing this does not surprise me at all, and I think it surprises her even less.

Learned behaviour like this in the name of Islam is the worse of all worlds
    Pakistan isn't the safest country in the world and some areas are pretty dangerous but it has more progress than ppl think. The media portrays Pakistan in a negative light. Your logic is flawed tho, while I cannot deny sexism exists , in both the Western world as well as Pakistan, Pakistan is less sexist than ppl think and Islam isnt sexist. These killings are wrong but compare 1000 to Pakistan's total population. And you cannot lump Pakistan as one culture, different parts have different culture.

And fyi, I am Pakistani and I have been there fairly recently and keep in touch wih ppl and events so don't play that card on me