+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russia facing disciplinary proceedings

Russia facing disciplinary proceedings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36510550

Points deduction? Fine? Expulsion?

I know it may not sit comfortably with some, but with two people in a critical condition, women and children attacked - then UEFA need to come down very hard. I don't think their presence is welcome at this tournament, and I even think that their hosting of the next world cup should be called into question.

Yes, it's a mindless minority, it always was, it always is. However, leniency will mean the scenes seen last night will become more and more commonplace.

Re: Russia facing disciplinary proceedings

A fine would be meaningless. I think they should be warned that any repeat performance and they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    A fine would be meaningless. I think they should be warned that any repeat performance and they're gone.
    England fans are no angels, but the Russians are something else. It's difficult for UEFA to be too punishing (points deduction would benefit Wales, England and Slovakia with many groups now having 3 teams qualifying). Expulsion would cause a logistical nightmare - you could argue it punishes the majority of Russian fans unfairly.

If Russian fans are causing problems during the remainder of the tournament (and, let's be honest, if they beat Slovakia they will be there for the knockout stages) - then UEFA needs to learn the lessons of the past and expel the Russians from the next World Cup. They can't sit idly by and allow stampedes to take place in stadiums - we know where that takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    England fans are no angels, but the Russians are something else. It's difficult for UEFA to be too punishing (points deduction would benefit Wales, England and Slovakia with many groups now having 3 teams qualifying). Expulsion would cause a logistical nightmare - you could argue it punishes the majority of Russian fans unfairly.

If Russian fans are causing problems during the remainder of the tournament (and, let's be honest, if they beat Slovakia they will be there for the knockout stages) - then UEFA needs to learn the lessons of the past and expel the Russians from the next World Cup. They can't sit idly by and allow stampedes to take place in stadiums - we know where that takes us.
    Spot on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36510550

Points deduction? Fine? Expulsion?

I know it may not sit comfortably with some, but with two people in a critical condition, women and children attacked - then UEFA need to come down very hard. I don't think their presence is welcome at this tournament, and I even think that their hosting of the next world cup should be called into question.

Yes, it's a mindless minority, it always was, it always is. However, leniency will mean the scenes seen last night will become more and more commonplace.
    It's time to deal with this once and for all, remove the next world cup from them (Russia), suspend Russia and England for the next EURO tournament, strike now, and send a very clear message to those who revel in this outdated shit that its not acceptable anymore to go to foreign countries, drink yourself silly, act a 2hat, blame everyone else and expect sympathy, I always defend England & English on here from the usual suspects but it just happens to follow them around. its time to act and not just talk.

The next World Cup is in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Move it to Ukraine

UEFA taking a hard stance? They need to have a good look at themselves too. It doesn't take a genius to realise that a rope and a guard is insufficient segregation.

Are they being allowed to compete in the Olympics... remember them?
    They had to put their house in order first if I remember. I'm assuming they are and have.

Either way, being a sport lover, Putin ain't gonna be pleased!

I say take it off them. Or, exclude them from their own world cup. There is no host nation.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    UEFA taking a hard stance? They need to have a good look at themselves too. It doesn't take a genius to realise that a rope and a guard is insufficient segregation.
    That is a good point and there has been an element of complacency in crowd segregation recently. Still doesn't excuse the behaviour of the Russians last night, nor the Russian/French and English supporters over the weekend.

As the World Cup is a FIFA tournament, I doubt that UEFA could ban any country from taking part; but a ban from the next European Championships for Russia and maybe (just maybe, if proof is found as to the role of English fans in this) banning England too should be considered at least.
    The security inside the stadium seemed minimal at best, so a good part of the responsibility for what took place inside the stadium has to lie with UEFA themselves and the French organisers.
    How the hell did that explosive device and those flares actually make it into the stadium?

That is a good point and there has been an element of complacency in crowd segregation recently. Still doesn't excuse the behaviour of the Russians last night, nor the Russian/French and English supporters over the weekend.
    Absolutely no excuse you're quite right. However UEFA can't be held accountable for what goes on outside the ground but they can mitigate the mayhem within it.
    Jeez, we have a whole block empty at CCFC for BIG games, even smaller games such as Leeds we were wary.

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    ....the French organisers.
    How the hell did that explosive device and those flares actually make it into the stadium?
    Looks very much like Inspector Jacques Cleusau is at the helm!

Banned

This is how the Russia Stronk press are reporting it.

“Two hundred and fifty Russian fans repulsed an attack by several thousand English and forced them to flee,” state news service Vesti reported. “English fans started the fight by attacking our fans, but 250 Russians from different corners of our country did not flinch and repulsed the attack of the heavily drunken islanders.”

£35 K fine and a warning

they wont do fook all

Blue in the Face

They were acting like a bunch of hooligans

And those imbeciles at FIFA gave those the world cup god help the people who go out there

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And those imbeciles at FIFA gave those the world cup god help the people who go out there
    wont stop me going there i wud just nok em out

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    As the World Cup is a FIFA tournament, I doubt that UEFA could ban any country from taking part; but a ban from the next European Championships for Russia and maybe (just maybe, if proof is found as to the role of English fans in this) banning England too should be considered at least.
    The security inside the stadium seemed minimal at best, so a good part of the responsibility for what took place inside the stadium has to lie with UEFA themselves and the French organisers.
    Exactly the point I raised on here last night. That is surely the most worrying feature. I guess the whole system is stretched to breaking point - what a world eh.