+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orlando nightclub mass shooting

Re: Orlando nightclub mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Never in my time on this message board have I understood why you seem to hold the holy decision on who's Muslim and who isn't...
    That's your response? I dont have the authorities but there are fatwas saying Daesh are not Muslim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't know how many people need to be shot before they wake up and realise they need better gun control out there rather than let any tom dick or harry carry a leathal weapon shocking but not surprising RIP to all

Any gun control measures brought in now will,unfortunately be at least a hundred years to late,there are far to many guns in circulation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post

, Islam is a progressive religion,
    has it reached the 12th century yet?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Dry your eyes princess.
    Dry my eyes,wash your mouth out bitch,

RIP the dead

the Guys dad says it wasnt nothing to do with religion, yet a news channel is reporting he phoned the emergency services and pledged his allegiance to Daesh

you might or might not know, in Orlando the Police do security of theme parks ( both disney and Universal ) and bars and other public events when not on duty, I havent read if this bar had one doing it ? ? but as its gay pride week ( dont wear red to disney during this week if you dont want people to think you are gay ) i guess they might have, so not sure what went on with that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    RIP the dead

the Guys dad says it wasnt nothing to do with religion, yet a news channel is reporting he phoned the emergency services and pledged his allegiance to Daesh

you might or might not know, in Orlando the Police do security of theme parks ( both disney and Universal ) and bars and other public events when not on duty, I havent read if this bar had one doing it ? ? but as its gay pride week ( dont wear red to disney during this week if you dont want people to think you are gay ) i guess they might have, so not sure what went on with that
    Security at Disney may as well be done by Donald Duck tbf

That's your response? I dont have the authorities but there are fatwas saying Daesh are not Muslim
    You, and your clerics may say that, the problem is that IS think they are Muslim, and are carrying out these atrocities, if not in your name, the name of your religion,

if anyone is still in any doubt about how properly mental US gun laws are, a man who was twice investigated by the FBI on suspicion of being a potential terrorist was legally able to buy one of these over the counter:

image.jpg

I was very surprised to see on the news that with 50 dead, this makes it the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

...and yet they claim to have a "god-given" right to bear arms...spastics.

RIP to the dead.

Anyone offering odds on the US government to be able to reform any gun law in any way ever?
    They claim to to have a constitutional right, which in fact, they have. If you want to be a drama queen at least get your facts right.

It's the seventh mass shooting in the US in just the last week. Bringing this guy's religion into it is missing the real problems that Americans have with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Any gun control measures brought in now will,unfortunately be at least a hundred years to late,there are far to many guns in circulation.
    Do you feel the same way about any effort to 'control' religion in USA or other western countries?

First Team

OK, I live in the US. We need gun control. The reason is simple - no guns means less capacity for random deadly violence.

But this isn't just about the availability of weapons, there is an attitude issue too. The US leads the world in terms of the number of guns per capita but there are a lot of guns in, for instance, Canada too. Yet the Canadians have a murder rate that is about 10% of that in the US.

And we stay in the EU and let Turkey have free movement
    50 perverts killed in bar': Homophobic headline on Turkish newspaper website with strong ties to country's President Erdogan

Yeni Akit, a Turkish newspaper which has supported the likes of Al-Qaeda in the past and has ties with President Erdogan, broke news of the Orlando attack by calling victims 'perverts'.

What does the EU have to do with this? Turkey's not gonna join

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post

Reading more on that attack from the radicalised ****, he was on the FBI's list.

I sincerely hope that Omar Mateen's 'God' was an unforgiving gay man
    http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-12/c...ys-government/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...in-the-eu-pri/

Come on adz don't be naive.

They're hardly going to admit it at this moment in time are they?

I'm sure there's plenty of obstacles preventing turkey joining the EU but being the gateway from places like Syria into Europe gives them plenty of bargaining room if it's what turkey wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Come on adz don't be naive.

They're hardly going to admit it at this moment in time are they?

I'm sure there's plenty of obstacles preventing turkey joining the EU but being the gateway from places like Syria into Europe gives them plenty of bargaining room if it's what turkey wants to do.
    I am not being naive, in fact I am being the opposite as I aint falling for the Leave campaign's scaremongering. Many member states, such as Cyprus and Greece, would be likely to veto Turkey's entry. I doubt Turkey also has met the requirements of joining.

I am not being naive, in fact I am being the opposite as I aint falling for the Leave campaign's scaremongering. Many member states, such as Cyprus and Greece, would be likely to veto Turkey's entry. I doubt Turkey also has met the requirements of joining.
    You are quite correct, Turkey joining the EU is a very, very long way off.

What is currently happening is diplomatic manoeuvres to keep Turkey sweet due to the migrant crisis on their border.

Scaremongering on both sides is pathetic. No reasoned debate or facts, just one bullshit headline after another.

I'm pretty sure Cyprus and Greece would veto turkeys entry but unfortunately countries like Germany carry far more clout and have the real power in the EU (as we saw when Greece tried to flex its muscle)

I'm not saying turkey will join the EU - I'm simply saying that you can't believe what these people tell you. Ultimately if it's in their interests then they'll gladly roll out the red carpet for Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Scaremongering on both sides is pathetic. No reasoned debate or facts, just one bullshit headline after another.

I'm pretty sure Cyprus and Greece would veto turkeys entry but unfortunately countries like Germany carry far more clout and have the real power in the EU (as we saw when Greece tried to flex its muscle)

I'm not saying turkey will join the EU - I'm simply saying that you can't believe what these people tell you. Ultimately if it's in their interests then they'll gladly roll out the red carpet for Turkey.
    Fair play to the Turks, when they invaded Cyprus and relieved many Cypriots of their life, property and possessions!!!, they had the tactical nous to steal the best part of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Banning guns in America may have stopped this - but if someone is determined to do this - then you will never stop it.

So will banning guns stop this or not? I don't mean to be glib but your comment, as confusing as it seems, sums up the complexities of such things. My personal opinion is that it wouldn't stop the guy from being a looney but would have stopped him from killing so many people if he was unable to get hold of the weapon he used. Even if he managed to get a different, less lethal weapon there would have been fewer people dead.

Gun control doesn't address mental health issues or stop people becoming radicalized - but if done properly it will reduce these incidents. While anyone being shot is a terrible thing this incident would have resulted in fewer people dying if he had been unable to get hold of this weapon.

It would be a multi billion dollar effort to stop it and remove assault weapons from society but is something that they surely have to do instead of building ****ing walls between them and other countries.

But this event has also shown how useless the system is... he was a able to legally acquire a serious weapon and passed background checks even though his wife divorced him for violent and aggressive behaviour.

All round it's a tragic event in a tragic country. RIP all those who died and somehow, somewhere let the families find the strength to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They claim to to have a constitutional right, which in fact, they have. If you want to be a drama queen at least get your facts right.
    I said that based on many interviews with 'southern' Americans in the aftermath of shootings over the last few years, and the subsequent "guns should be banned" arguments.

Even American politicians like to claim it's a "god-given" right.

http://m.chron.com/news/politics/tex...rs-6145383.php

I said that based on many interviews with 'southern' Americans in the aftermath of shootings over the last few years, and the subsequent "guns should be banned" arguments.

Even American politicians like to claim it's a "god-given" right.

http://m.chron.com/news/politics/tex...rs-6145383.php
    You do know NYCBlue has an affiliation with America

IMG_20160613_153619.jpg

Muslims are 2% of the population of America.
    This would suggest they carry out no more than 2% of the mass shootings in the USA.
    So if Muslims are innately violent and dangerous, then so are Americans.