+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCFC since the millennium quiz

CCFC since the millennium quiz

Thought I'd compile a little quiz to pass a little time.

This quiz is all about Cardiff City's results etc since the start of the 2000/1 season.

Since 2000/1 and in all competitions, which teams have Cardiff City

1) Beaten most often

2) Played most often (3 teams)

3) Played 4 times or more and not beaten (3 teams)

4) Played 4 times or more and won every fixture (2 teams)

5) Scored most goals against

6) Conceded most goals to

7) Which 5 teams in last season's Championship have Cardiff won more than half of their matches against?

8) We've conceded 2 or more goals a game on average to 8 teams, 6 in the Premier League. Which two non-Premier division teams scored more than 2 goals a game against us?

9) How many times have Cardiff City scored 6 or more and how many times have we conceded 6 or more?

10) How many teams have Cardiff City played in a competitive match (league or cup) since the start of the 2000/1 season?
    Last edited by Eric the Half a Bee; 12-06-16 at 22:18.

Re: CCFC since the millennium quiz

Is the answer to number one Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Is the answer to number one Leeds?
    Of course!

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thought I'd compile a little quiz to pass a little time.

This quiz is all about Cardiff City's results etc since the start of the 2000/1 season.

1) Beaten most often

7) Which 5 teams in last season's Championship have Cardiff won more than half of their matches against?

8) We've conceded 2 or more goals a game on average to 8 teams, 6 in the Premier League. Which two non-Premier division teams scored more than 2 goals a game against us?

9) How many times have Cardiff City scored 6 or more and how many times have we conceded 6 or more?

10) How many teams have Cardiff City played in a competitive match (league or cup) since the start of the 2000/1 season?
    Going to guess Ipswich as one of the sides for #2 and Arsenal for #3

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4634649]Thought I'd compile a little quiz to pass a little time.

1) Beaten most often

Ipswich, QPR and Brighton?

Think Arsenal is right, also Spurs?

Think Wycombe may be one, Port Vale?

Crewe?

I'm guessing Preston.

Leeds, Brentford, Derby, Forest and the wurzels?

Peterboro and Colchester?

I can think of five (Exeter, Rushden, Oldham, Crewe and Derby), Liverpool scored six down here and there's that notorious match at Preston, can't think of any others though.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for having a go!

2) Ipswich is right, we've played them 24 times. We've only (!) played QPR 22 times and Brighton 18. Of the two other sides we've played 24 times, that includes 20 league fixtures and 4 others.

3) Yep, both Arsenal and Spurs. The other side we lost to twice in the league and twice in the league cup (was one of those fixtures technically a draw?), though could have beaten them once in the cup.

4) Spot on!

5) Maybe I should have worded the question more carefully! Looking for the team we've scored most goals against in total. We've netted 19 against Crewe.

6) Surprisingly not. That's the answer I was expecting.

7) Leeds (64.7%), Brentford (62.5%) and Forest (55.6%) are right. Our win rate against Bristol City is 45.5% and against Derby it is 40.9%.

8) Surprisingly not. We've got to go back to our last season in the bottom division for the answer.

9) How can you forget arguably the most famous time we've scored 6?!!!!

10) Way out!

Hi Bob,

Thanks for having a go!

2) Ipswich is right, we've played them 24 times. We've only (!) played QPR 22 times and Brighton 18. Of the two other sides we've played 24 times, that includes 20 league fixtures and 4 others.

3) Yep, both Arsenal and Spurs. The other side we lost to twice in the league and twice in the league cup (was one of those fixtures technically a draw?), though could have beaten them once in the cup.

4) Spot on!

5) Maybe I should have worded the question more carefully! Looking for the team we've scored most goals against in total. We've netted 19 against Crewe.

6) Surprisingly not. That's the answer I was expecting.

7) Leeds (64.7%), Brentford (62.5%) and Forest (55.6%) are right. Our win rate against Bristol City is 45.5% and against Derby it is 40.9%.

8) Surprisingly not. We've got to go back to our last season in the bottom division for the answer.

9) How can you forget arguably the most famous time we've scored 6?!!!!

10) Way out!
    I'll have to have a further think about the others then. Regarding number 5, I knew what you meant and thought Crewe was a decent guess because we scored lots of twos and threes against them as well as that six, but we did score fourteen in three home matches with Derby, so I'll try them.

Completely ashamed about number nine - how could I have forgotten that!

After your clue regarding number 8, I'm thinking of those two matches we won 3-2 at home after being 2-1 down in going into added time - pretty sure Hartlepool is right because I can remember us losing 3-1 up there on the last day of the season, can't remember how we did at Lincoln, but I'll guess them as well.

With number two, I have three possibles, Palace, Reading and Burnley, who we've all played in Cup ties, but I don't think we've done it four times.

Number six, I'll try Peterborough.

One of the teams in number seven is probably Fulham and I think the other one might be one out of Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby - I'll try Wednesday.

Number three has got me stumped despite your clues - I keep on thinking of Chelsea, but that can't be right.

3 Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    3 Liverpool
    Course it is - what a prat I am!

5 - Bristol City?

Yes, 5 is Derby. 8 is Hartlepool and Lincoln. 2 is Palace and Reading (Reading was 2 playoff ties, but I thought if I mentioned that the answer would be too easy!).

6 isn't Peterborough. A clue is that they're a team we've played most often.

One of the answers for 7 is Huddersfield. The other team is a side we did the double over last season.

We've got the answer to 3.

As I doubt anyone will guess the answer to 10, we've played 102 different teams!!

Yes, 5 is Derby. 8 is Hartlepool and Lincoln. 2 is Palace and Reading (Reading was 2 playoff ties, but I thought if I mentioned that the answer would be too easy!).

6 isn't Peterborough. A clue is that they're a team we've played most often.

One of the answers for 7 is Huddersfield. The other team is a side we did the double over last season.

We've got the answer to 3.

As I doubt anyone will guess the answer to 10, we've played 102 different teams!!
    I'd say it must be Ipswich then for number 6.

By a process of elimination, I'd say number seven must be Wolves - it's definitely not Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say it must be Ipswich then for number 6.

By a process of elimination, I'd say number seven must be Wolves - it's definitely not Bolton.
    Yes to both.

Another interesting stat is that there were around a dozen teams we'd played only the once in that time frame, teams like Tiverton, Margate, Chasetown etc. Every team we played only once we beat!

International

Number 1 is ****ing easy.

Even the Missus worked that one out.