+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you supporting the other British Isles teams?

Are you supporting the other British Isles teams?

I laughed when Russia equalised, so that answers my question as far as England are concerned! I was right behind the Republic yesterday for the whole game, but Northern Ireland was a strange one. Someone mentioned that they had one man passing it backwards at the kick off and, as it turned out, that just set the tone for what followed - ten men behind the ball at all times with their only aim being to get a 0-0. They were so negative that when the Polish goal came, I cheered it - they'll surely have to have a go against Ukraine (who look eminently beatable to me) now and, if they do, then I'll be supporting them again, but on Sunday they were awful and were the sort of team you want to see leaving this type of tournament as soon as possible.

Banned

Re: Are you supporting the other British Isles teams?

No,**** ingerland and the bogwogs,north and south.

Republic of Ireland, yes.

Reinforced by several approaching us in Paris as we were travelling home to congratulate us.

if you'd asked a week ago, I would've said yes, I would've wanted all the home nations to do well, but then Russia scored. And I fell about laughing, so make of that what you will.

Anyone but England, innit, butt?

With reference to NI negative tactics...have you seen us when we go 1 up?

No......want all the others to get smashed especially NI after listening to Frampton telling us how amazing they are, can't wait for Lee Selby to put him on his arse. republic for me Equals Celtic enough said.
    C'mon you Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    That's called defending a lead.

Italy are the masters of it.

Personally I don't blame NI for their tactics.

As their manager said after the game, you can't expect players from millwall and fleetwood to go toe to toe with players like lewandowski.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    if you'd asked a week ago, I would've said yes, I would've wanted all the home nations to do well, but then Russia scored. And I fell about laughing, so make of that what you will.
    Ditto... the England win would have suited us better but I too cheered.

Tough one N.I. ..... as I too would cheer for them but for some reason not with the same verve of years gone by, Gerry Armstrong's goal vs Spain I remember getting me very excited over.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Yeah I saw us on Saturday, we went looking for a second.

I'm not supporting any of them and I never have, however I have supported Scotland in the past. Never liked the ROI as they are the luckiest team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'm not supporting any of them and I never have, however I have supported Scotland in the past. Never liked the ROI as they are the luckiest team ever.
    Could never support the Jocks after that handball in '77. Lovin' the cheating bastards not being at this tournament.

Personally, I think it's marvellous that we're the only British Isles team with maximum points. As that will probably end on Thursday I'm just enjoying the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Could never support the Jocks after that handball in '77. Lovin' the cheating bastards not being at this tournament.

Personally, I think it's marvelous that we're the only British Isles team with maximum points. As that will probably end on Thursday I'm just enjoying the moment
    I will cheer Wales on over everyone then everyone else

Scotland and ROI I'll happily cheer on, Northern Ireland less so. England is a different matter though. I've lived in England for the last 40 years, my wife is English, my kids are half-English, nearly all my friends are English and indeed when following back my family history I find that three of my eight great grandparents were English which according to my daughter makes me only 5/8 Welsh anyway. Yet, I find it absolutely impossible to want England to win any game of football, rugby, cricket, tiddlywinks whatever. If England were playing a 'Third Reich 11' I'd probably be secretly cheering on Goebbels, Goring and co. Indeed, before England's game with Russia on Saturday I'd come to the conclusion that an English win would be the best result from Wales' point of view (I still think it would have been) but still found myself punching the air with delight when that last-minute Russian equaliser went in.

Yes. I would like England, Northern Iron & the Republic to win as long as they are not playing us.
    Defences are way on top in this tournament so far, the lack of goals is turning it into a tournament where any team can beat the other just by packing the defence and nicking a goal in the 88th min, for me its a step back from the previous World cup where attacking seemed the order of the day, the refs are playing their part into allowing the tournament to become a defence orientated tournament by their consistent missing of the "experienced" defenders fouling and pulling shirts, the foul of Johnny Williams by Skirtel being the prime example, majority of defenders fouls in the box going unpunished whilst strikers farting next to the defender getting the whistle at every opportunity, refs cannot get the whistle going quick enough outside the box seeing everything, if the tournament continues in its current vein I cannot see it be a memorable one (except that Wales are in it), the authorities and refs have a responsibility to the game and for me the responsibility is being ignored, the thugs and cheats of the game will prosper whilst this is allowed to happen additionally, the fans and public are being robbed of what could be a brilliant game/tournament, whilst I want Northern Iron to win, i'm glad they never got the point because of the manner in how they tried to achieve it. I desperately would like Wales to go for a victory against England and not be in the mindset of, a point will be fine, I just want to see good attacking football and the best side winning. I am biased and if Wales win every game playing boring football i'll be celebrating like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Yes. I would like England, Northern Iron & the Republic to win as long as they are not playing us.
    Defences are way on top in this tournament so far, the lack of goals is turning it into a tournament where any team can beat the other just by packing the defence and nicking a goal in the 88th min, for me its a step back from the previous World cup where attacking seemed the order of the day, the refs are playing their part into allowing the tournament to become a defence orientated tournament by their consistent missing of the "experienced" defenders fouling and pulling shirts, the foul of Johnny Williams by Skirtel being the prime example, majority of defenders fouls in the box going unpunished whilst strikers farting next to the defender getting the whistle at every opportunity, refs cannot get the whistle going quick enough outside the box seeing everything, if the tournament continues in its current vein I cannot see it be a memorable one (except that Wales are in it), the authorities and refs have a responsibility to the game and for me the responsibility is being ignored, the thugs and cheats of the game will prosper whilst this is allowed to happen additionally, the fans and public are being robbed of what could be a brilliant game/tournament, whilst I want Northern Iron to win, i'm glad they never got the point because of the manner in how they tried to achieve it. I desperately would like Wales to go for a victory against England and not be in the mindset of, a point will be fine, I just want to see good attacking football and the best side winning. I am biased and if Wales win every game playing boring football i'll be celebrating like everyone else.

Aint the paragraph thingy working ?

Can't read that, it's hurting my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Scotland and ROI I'll happily cheer on, Northern Ireland less so. England is a different matter though. I've lived in England for the last 40 years, my wife is English, my kids are half-English, nearly all my friends are English and indeed when following back my family history I find that three of my eight great grandparents were English which according to my daughter makes me only 5/8 Welsh anyway. Yet, I find it absolutely impossible to want England to win any game of football, rugby, cricket, tiddlywinks whatever. If England were playing a 'Third Reich 11' I'd probably be secretly cheering on Goebbels, Goring and co. Indeed, before England's game with Russia on Saturday I'd come to the conclusion that an English win would be the best result from Wales' point of view (I still think it would have been) but still found myself punching the air with delight when that last-minute Russian equaliser went in.
    My wife is English, My 2 girls were born in England, though my 13 yr old absolutely refuses to acknowledge anything but her Welsh side ( even to the point of we had a chat with " Netball England " this weekend at a trial and my daughter got in the van and said " if i am good enough to be playing for England, can we go home and email Welsh netball ) My youngest is 1/2 English and 1/2 Welsh, she is happy with both teams, so fair enough for that

I was always in the laugh when England mess up camp, but as time as gone on, i have realised its slightly childish, the amount of people who have said " well Wales " these last few days down here has been outstanding, it has been a refreshing change to reading the press harp on about the England team and this year is the one etc etc

Blue in the Face

I actually had a lot of respect for the English squad and set up before the tournament. But with all the hooligan crap they've brought shame on themselves. I want them out. Same for Russia.

"I would love it if we beat them...."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    No,**** ingerland and the bogwogs,north and south.
    I'm English, you bloody racist.

I'm not looking forward to thurs tbh, even though I would prefer Wales to do well I know I'm going to get grief from Steve one way or another.

Other than Wales, I'm backing the Republic of Ireland

Wales and Iceland for me.

Neutral on Norn Ireland and the Republic.

Hard-wired to enjoy any grief that comes England's way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm English, you bloody racist.

I'm not looking forward to thurs tbh, even though I would prefer Wales to do well I know I'm going to get grief from Steve one way or another.

We all have a cross to bear,some heavier than others

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    We all have a cross to bear,some heavier than others

I support Wales and any team who plays against England

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images