+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democracy...the Establishments problem with the Thickos in the electorate

Democracy...the Establishments problem with the Thickos in the electorate

I love this article.

http://www.cityam.com/243228/a-new-i...-eu-referendum

I can see the MPs arguing this after the Leave campaign win the referendum

Unfortunately too many stupid electors voted to leave so we cannot accept the result.

We need to hold another referendum to get a remain result ....... so we are only letting clever people vote

Re: Democracy...the Establishments problem with the Thickos in the electorate

I had a leaflet pushed through the door today from leave, that included a number of blatant lies and scaremongering, including repeating the 350m claim that they have already been warned about.

How can anyone be expected to know what to do when there is so much most information about

The 350 million a week is factual. That is why they will never withdraw it.

We have to pay the 350 million in......what we get back.... a bit of it is not under our control and for certain the minute the shit hits the fan...the next Greek bail out already overdue ....we will be told they cannot afford it.

On 24th June if you vote remain and win NOTHING CHANGES.

Vote Leave and win and EVERYTHING CHANGES..... Not least that the wasteful corrupt Europhile Executives are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

We have to pay the 350 million in......what we get back.... a bit of it is not under our control and for certain the minute the shit hits the fan...the next Greek bail out already overdue ....we will be told they cannot afford it.

Vote Leave and win and EVERYTHING CHANGES..... Not least that the wasteful corrupt Europhile Executives are finished.
    350 million claim is not factual, it is a lie.

It claims that we are spending 350 million on the EU that we could spend on the NHS. Neither claim is true.
    The rebate is taken off before we pay it, we don't pay 350 million at all.
    It's like buying a half price shirt in a sale at £20 and getting home and ur Mrs saying with the £40 you spent on that I could have done a food shop - doesn't make sense. And the leave campaign have been warned about it.

Moody’s downgraded Deutsche Bank’s credit rating last week for the second time this year. With 75 Trillion of dodgy assets, when they fail so does the Euro. Deutsche Bank are the next Lehman Brothers, only 3 times bigger.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 13-06-16 at 21:21.

Everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Moody’s downgraded Deutsche Bank’s credit rating last week for the second time this year. With 75 Trillion of dodgy assets, when they fail so does the Euro. Deutsche Bank are the next Lehman Brothers, only 3 times bigger.
    Certainly puts Germany in a shitty position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Certainly puts Germany in a shitty position.
    It's the elephant in the room that nobody seems to be mentioning. Remaining in a bankrupt and collapsed EU is a possible outcome, yet nobody from the treasury has modeled that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's the elephant in the room that nobody seems to be mentioning. Remaining in a bankrupt and collapsed EU is a possible outcome, yet nobody from the treasury has modeled that scenario.
    Well I guess they just think if it comes to it Germany will bail it out, take the temporary hit in terms of national debt/integrity and move on.

The 350m thing has been proven as false

Blog Entries

I love this article.

Unfortunately too many stupid electors voted to leave so we cannot accept the result.

We need to hold another referendum to get a remain result ....... so we are only letting clever people vote

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The 350m thing has been proven as false

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I had a leaflet pushed through the door today from leave, that included a number of blatant lies and scaremongering, including repeating the 350m claim that they have already been warned about.

How can anyone be expected to know what to do when there is so much most information about
    I had a leaflet pushed through the door today from stay, that included a number of blatant lies and scaremongering, including repeating the losing jobs and economic lies claim that they have already been warned about.

IMG_20160613_233038.jpg

The leaflet also included this bizarre map.
    Not only does it claim Turkey are "set" to join the EU, but it also shows Syria and Iraq on the map for nothing more than a bit of scare mongering, but most strangely, they have modified the map to make Iraq and Syria look a lot closer than they actually are, on this map Iraq is level with the South of France!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I had a leaflet pushed through the door today from stay, that included a number of blatant lies and scaremongering, including repeating the losing jobs and economic lies claim that they have already been warned about.

The British economy taking a nosedive following a brexit is pretty well accepted by most credible economists. That we spend 350m a week is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The British economy taking a nosedive following a brexit is pretty well accepted by most credible economists. That we spend 350m a week is false.
    Yes, there's a 'few' false statements being banded around as I'm sure you'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yes, there's a 'few' false statements being banded around as I'm sure you'd agree.
    Care to mention any?

I also had a leaflet pushed through the door today from remain, full of scaremongering maybe's and what-ifs

They also spent a whole page outlining what the " leave campaign " are evil and Boris likes to have a laugh, the leave campaign are not green in the slightest

It had very little facts at all

The campaign on both sides has been poor. I managed to find this which seemed quite interesting, and although it sides with remain it has something for everyone.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...tes-on-brexit/

First Team

I love this article.

I'll assume you are open to free debate on this and not a rabid Brexiteer.

Do you realize the Remain campaign is panicking because leaving would be an unmitigated disaster for the UK? The proof of this is actually in the link you provided. The pound and FTSE sink like stones in the ocean whenever the prospect of an out vote increases. Now I know both sides don't bother much with "facts" and liberally quote what they think backs their side and ignores inconvenient issues that don't but if you pay attention to nothing else I suggest you look at the attitude of the markets to the prospect of Brexit where real people are putting their own cash on the line. Unanimously they are saying Brexit would wreck the UK economy for a long time.

I have no dog in this fight except to say that a low pound is actually good for me (being paid in dollars) so you can accuse me of whatever bias you like but I actually have none. I'm just stating it as it is. In short voting for leave is utter folly.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I'll assume you are open to free debate on this and not a rabid Brexiteer.

Do you realize the Remain campaign is panicking because leaving would be an unmitigated disaster for the UK? The proof of this is actually in the link you provided. The pound and FTSE sink like stones in the ocean whenever the prospect of an out vote increases. Now I know both sides don't bother much with "facts" and liberally quote what they think backs their side and ignores inconvenient issues that don't but if you pay attention to nothing else I suggest you look at the attitude of the markets to the prospect of Brexit where real people are putting their own cash on the line. Unanimously they are saying Brexit would wreck the UK economy for a long time.

I have no dog in this fight except to say that a low pound is actually good for me (being paid in dollars) so you can accuse me of whatever bias you like but I actually have none. I'm just stating it as it is. In short voting for leave is utter folly.
    Don't worry about it, worrying about Trump would be more beneficial to you

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Don't worry about it, worrying about Trump would be more beneficial to you
    I'm aware of your view that this has nothing to do with me. The UK is going to sleepwalk its way to oblivion on June 23. I actually care about Wales though I have nothing riding on it apart from making a few more sous from FX trading. Leaving would kill the Welsh economy stone dead. Wouldn't mine be the impartial type of voice to listen to?

I take it that the Remain people like Dave are telling the truth on everything then

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I take it that the Remain people like Dave are telling the truth on everything then
    That's exactly what I am not saying. You can ignore the elites on both sides. The markets are telling you they're betting on things being very bad if there is a Brexit vote. These people have real skin in the game.

Leave will win because it offers a chance to save money and improve our lot in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    That's exactly what I am not saying. You can ignore the elites on both sides. The markets are telling you they're betting on things being very bad if there is a Brexit vote. These people have real skin in the game.
    My outlook is generally, markets are for the short term profiteers, i have no doubt there will be some substantial losses, much of it to those who are wealthy beyond imagination, but accepting that not all that who will be hit are wealthy, it's what we leave behind to the next generations and beyond (my view is better long term sustainability rather than short term profit). Putting aside the UK, there seems to be a gathering of support for the UK from other joined countries to break up of this behemoth.