+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "it's the sun wot won it"

Blue in the Face

"it's the sun wot won it"

Bad news for remain voters...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUSKCN0YZ2FY

The Sun is urging voters to vote leave. The paper is notorious to hedge it's bets on the favorite in general elections and has an influence in making it happen.

The Murdoch empire strikes again.

Blue in the Face

Re: "it's the sun wot won it"

I see what you're saying about politicians from outside the UK giving their 5p when it's, to an extent, a British issue. But I guess it's a politician's role to put their case forward in accordance to their ideals and vision for progress.

It should not be a newspaper's place to influence something as important as this referendum, but merely to report the truth via bi-partizan reportage. But this statement is way too idealistic for the real world unfortunately.

The day the working class in this country stop getting their news from this right wing piece of shit the sooner the country will change for the better.

That's the problem though -the working class are their own worst enemy, they'll allow themselves to be dumbed and numbed by tv and shite newspapers and celeb culture, until they just resemble mere worker drones,uncritical and docile- all pledging allegiance to a queen lizard in Buck House

Blue in the Face

David Cameron and Carwyn Jones join forces to campaign for "Remain" in Wales....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36538109

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Are you upset the 'working class' arent on your side ?
    Maybe we should not let them have a vote ? or maybe should tell them what newspaper to read
    Behave yourself, working class are too thick to think for themselves obviously!!!

It's no secret i'm an outer, the bullying bile spouted by some outers on here has put me far more in the out camp than any politician or paper could ever manage however, my son who has shown no interest in this vote came home after work, and in one sentence totally out of the blue, gave me food for thought regarding the vote and has cast a little doubt in my mind, if only Trudy and her mates could conduct themselves, and understand that people can think for themselves, their utopia, 2nd car, EU ring fenced pensioned, foreign holidays, plush houses, would have a better chance of remaining intact, their bullying intimidation mirrored to their peers actions have cost them the vote

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Behave yourself, working class are too thick to think for themselves obviously!!!

It's no secret i'm an outer, the bullying bile spouted by some outers on here has put me far more in the out camp than any politician or paper could ever manage however, my son who has shown no interest in this vote came home after work, and in one sentence totally out of the blue, gave me food for thought regarding the vote and has cast a little doubt in my mind, if only Trudy and her mates could conduct themselves, and understand that people can think for themselves, their utopia, 2nd car, EU ring fenced pensioned, foreign holidays, plush houses, would have a better chance of remaining intact, their bullying intimidation mirrored to their peers actions have cost them the vote
    What did your son say Nelson?

I'm not upset about anything and I haven't got a "side" and let's face it my learned friend, their vote is about as much use as the popes dick.

I saw a facebook post which had the Sun's rhetoric ("Take back control for the UK") alongside the fact that they've been supporting an Aussie influence general elections for years.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I saw a facebook post which had the Sun's rhetoric ("Take back control for the UK") alongside the fact that they've been supporting an Aussie influence general elections for years.
    Murdoch once said that he only had to turn up at Westminster to get what he wanted but he never bothered with Brussels because they never listened to him.
    That's as good a reason a vote to stay in as any.

no it isnt - dont like Murdoch - dont buy his papers or watch sky, people in Liverpool have been doing it for years.

Vote IN or OUT but dont let Murdoch be your measure of judgement FFS
    His politics and what be stands for are best summed up in the right wing Tories and UKIP that form the Brexit campaign. Everything Murdoch stands for is alien to me. So yes Murdoch and what be stands for is very much a measure of my judgement.

no it isnt - dont like Murdoch - dont buy his papers or watch sky, people in Liverpool have been doing it for years.

Well not directly. But there are people on here who are choosing to vote out at least partly because they see it as a way to deal a blow to corruption in our society. Clearly, if the Murdoch quote is true, leaving the EU will only pave the way for a more corrupt society.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    What did your son say Nelson?
    Take that feckin scarf off your face dad you embarrassing plonker I have friends coming over.

I disagree. I think the original post had a point. There's no way that someone who doesn't have any influence over the EU should tells people he has no influence over the EU but uses his wealth and media presence to brainwash people to vote leave.

I don't imagine many readers of the Sun - or those whom it influences - spend too much time thinking about Murdoch, nor press manipulation, nether one way or t'other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I don't imagine many readers of the Sun - or those whom it influences - spend too much time thinking about Murdoch, nor press manipulation, nether one way or t'other.
    If you don't like it Vimmy, put it on ignore. Let's just keep things calm shall we.

For the sake of the board.

Vimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    No but they are more likely to vote as they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If you don't like it Vimmy, put it on ignore. Let's just keep things calm shall we.

For the sake of the board.

Vimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No but they are more likely to vote as they are told.
    Indeed - and evidently so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Take that feckin scarf off your face dad you embarrassing plonker I have friends coming over.
    Something like that

Blue in the Face

Yay! Thanks Uncle Rupert!

Immigration. Immigration. Immigration.