+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tactics Tonight ?

Tactics Tonight ?

Russia have only one option, they must win and thus, will have to commit going forward, this will give a bit of space which would allow us to exploit, i'm hoping we really go for this with a positive outlook, the proportion of late goals in this tournament suggests that at 0-0 1-1 etc. parking the bus will result in a late goal and not being able to repair the damage, I think we will win 2-1 but if we were to lose, I'd rather see us lose playing positively rather than hanging on and conceding late. I don't think it's done and dusted with England either, Slovakia played very well V Russia and I think it was better that we got them 1st game, I fancy a 2-1 Slovakia win and thus a win will be required by Wales.
    Attack, Attack, Attack.

Re: Tactics Tonight ?

Soak it up and hit em on the break only don't soak it up on our 6 yard line like we did 2nd half v England!!!

I think we can play exactly like we did against Israel away. The onus is on Russia but we have to use the ball far better than we did against England.

Roy Hodgson is a ****. I'dlove it if his team selection comes back to bite him with a Wales and Slovakia win.

Careful now, you'll have some utter wanker questioning whether you've ever played or watched for any period of time with comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think we can play exactly like we did against Israel away. The onus is on Russia but we have to use the ball far better than we did against England.

Roy Hodgson is a ****. I'dlove it if his team selection comes back to bite him with a Wales and Slovakia win.
    Careful Gringo there's a few precious souls who don't like the C word on here.

Agree though, Hodgson is a right arrogant Mike Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Careful Gringo there's a few precious souls who don't like the C word on here.

Agree though, Hodgson is a right arrogant Mike Hunt
    Woy is a massive thunder ****! I'll say it for you mate.

I wouldn't have started Vokes. The Russian defence is getting on and Robson Kanu would have pulled them all over the place

[QUOTE=thehumblegringo;4637397]I wouldn't have started Vokes. The Russian defence is getting on and Robson Kanu would have pulled them all over the place[/QUOTE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I wouldn't have started Vokes. The Russian defence is getting on and Robson Kanu would have pulled them all over the place
    im thinking the thinking there was **** all stuck up top v England. Hopefully bring Bale and Rambo into play more.

Perhaps HKR better off coming off bench as impact when they tire.

We must press a lot harder than against England. I don't want to see Russia getting free access into our half. Gunter and Taylor need to play like wingbacks tonight. Against England they didn't get forward at all.

Need to show a bit of urgency and a good pace...reckon we could blow them away tonight.
    fancy a 3-1 win

I am glad he has changed it. HRK is a menace for closing down but in a negative way, for an attacking option we need to give the ball to Rambo & Bale facing goal and the only player capable of holding the ball up and laying off is Vokes.
    Last edited by llan bluebird; 20-06-16 at 18:39. Reason: TYPO

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Need to show a bit of urgency and a good pace...reckon we could blow them away tonight.
    fancy a 3-1 win

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.

fancy a 3-1 win
    I can't see us getting 3 free kicks.

bale free kick and hope the russian goalkeeper makes a mess of it like in the previous 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.
    Tea total me butt.

Great win and an awesome performance.

Tea total me butt.

Great win and an awesome performance.

I actully wanted Russia to score for you in the last minute

Great prediction

5-0 or 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

After we killed them off first 20 they weren't interested.

Well done to our lads but Russia possibly worst performing team in the tournament.

International

I was lying in bed watching on the BBC typed commentary with 2 min updates.
    My favourite statement was when bale went off, the commentary said,
    "Wales are making substitution. Bales is going off, giving a rest for the next round, well done Coleman"
    Then he said, "It's a like for like substitution, Gareth Bale of Real Madrid off - - Simon Church of MK Dons on"
    I couldn't stop laughing. But in that team it works.