+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My one and only thread on the referendum.

Re: My one and only thread on the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "Many current players would fail to get a work permit to play her" - why would they ? - you must know something the rest of us dont
    To get a work permit you need to have played in 75% of your country's games in the last 3 years (or something). Most non-UK players in the premier league haven't done that. Go outside the PL and it's close to all of them.

"British football could be radically changed if the UK votes to leave" - that is an opinion not a FACT or even a prediction.

Lets says there is a BREXIT - NOTHING will change on the 24th June, nothing happens until the PM invokes Article 50 - we can do that whenever we want , he could invoke it after 2 years (fact) , it's estimated we would then have 2 years after that until that came into effect (no one has ever left the EU before).

Sovereign Parliament - you make the rules.

ps - I am 51-49 and that changes on a daily basis. But I am sick the back teeth of the scare mongering - If you want to scared that's up to you. I'd rather have the control
    Tbh, I'm sick of the scaremongering from BOTH sides, be it the threat of financial meltdown or mass immigration.
    Like you,I want FACTS on which to base my vote, but there is precious little in the way of fact being presented by either side.
    Maybe im naturally cautious but in the absence of fact, I'd prefer to stick rather than twist.

Pythagoras Theorem - 24 Words
    The Lord's Prayer - 66 Words
    Archimede's Principle - 67 Words
    The Ten Commandments - 179 Words
    The US Declaration of Independence - 1,300 words
    EU regulations on the sale of cabbages - 26,911 words

Lets just f***off out and pick the bones afterwards.

If we leave, more will follow, that's the only certainty in all of it.

I'm voting to leave based on this:

If about 75% of politicians in the country and the leaders and government are backing "Remain", then that's got be a good incentive to leave.

In which you should make your mind up based on democracy and sovereignty - and there is only one winner in that argument.
    Unfortunately, we'll still have the House Of Lords as an obstacle to our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    €35 is less than what we give the EU each week
    I hear this a lot, if the UK leaves the EU where do you think that money will go? To the NHS? To your favorite charity? Or just straight in your pocket.

The OP is about footballers and football, it s a million miles away from the working class of this country, this forum has shown over the past few weeks that the #Project Fear supporters are shitting on the working classes and frightened to death of loosing their new found middle class status, I am now back in the unsure camp, but one thing I am sure of, is the multi millionaire footballers will always be multi millionaires irrespective of the vote and irrespective of what country they are playing in, if sky suffer, then I'll not lose any sleep over it, a decent article this morning IMO.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-eu-referendum

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Common sense on Brexit exhibited by you - 0 words

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Workers rights were available in this country many years prior to joining the EU.
    UK based Education was historically seen as one of the top countries in the world. Where are we now ?

I am not anti EU and would probably vote to remain but some of the ridiculous statements from remain spokespeople have been nothing short of scandalous.

Try watching the recent interview with Andrew Neill and Osbourne to see how "squirmy" he became when challenged with facts concerning many of his statements.
    Remind me. Who instituted the WTD and when?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was wondering, what would a vote for leaving mean for football in this country? Would the number of foreign players being signed at all levels of the professional game be reduced dramatically and, if it were, would that necessarily be a bad thing because it would almost certainly mean more first team chances for young British players?

On the other hand, a decline in the number of big name foreign players in the Premier League could have implications with regard to numbers willing to pay subscription charges to watch matches and this would, surely, eventually have an impact on the amount of television money clubs received.

British clubs aren't exactly shining in European competition at the moment, but would the presence of more British players in teams taking part see an upturn in fortunes for those clubs as they went back to playing in a way which more suits traditional British strengths?
    Who knows. We leave and there could still be freedom of movement. In fact thats probably likely.

That is almost certainly guaranteed - the Dutch and Danes definitely and possibly the Germans (though Im not sure they are a bit likes us 50/50)

The NET contributions we make though are still only around 1% of GDP for the UK. We do have a lot things that we spend money on, and although the EU money seems to be badly spent - what we get back in trade is bigger. However each month we buy in 10 billion of goods / services more from the EU than we export to the EU.

The answer is too complex for most people to get their heads around.

In which you should make your mind up based on democracy and sovereignty - and there is only one winner in that argument.
    Is it burn down the House of Lords and kill our unelected head of state?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Is it burn down the House of Lords and kill our unelected head of state?
    And use proportional representation to prevent 24% of the electorate choosing a government nobody else wants.

The Premier League, hardly surprisingly, is backing a remain vote this morning - the leave campaign's response is included in this piece.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pre...-eu-referendum

Blue in the Face

WOL - This is how Brexit will affect Swansea City, Cardiff City and the whole of British football

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...city-11520455?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Remember when Michael J. Fox started disappearing in Back to the Future?

Well if you vote to leave the EU, this is what will happen to any European player left in Britain. Is this what you want? Think carefully about your Brexit vote, folks.
    It's big hand he's a City fan