+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C' mon Glammy

C' mon Glammy

Disappointed not to be going tonight. The game is now just 16 overs a side.
    Glammy 60/1 off 6 and Ingrám going well.

Re: C' mon Glammy

Glammy have been going big tonight. 15 fours & 8 sixes so far. An over & a bit left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Glammy have been going big tonight. 15 fours & 8 sixes so far. An over & a bit left.
    Peed off that I'm missing this. David Lloyd batting superbly.

175/ 4 off our 16 overs. David Lloyd making a brilliant 97 . What a shame he didn't get his 100
    Kent will need something like 180 when DL is taken into account.

Kent require 177 due to DL. Only one run added!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Peed off that I'm missing this. David Lloyd batting superbly.
    Same.

Didn't trust the weather earlier, and now I look out of my window in Barry to see big patches of blue sky everywhere

Kent require 177 due to DL. Only one run added!!!
    If the answer is Duckworth-Lewis, what was the question?

Same.

Didn't trust the weather earlier, and now I look out of my window in Barry to see big patches of blue sky everywhere
    I was still thinking of going at 6:15 pm as I reckon we could have got to Cardiff by 8pm. If I had known there was going to be another stoppage we would have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    How they work out that we only get one additional run is beyond me. Batting second in these circumstances is a bigger advantage than that.

Kent really struggling at 27/3. Superb from Steyn.
    Tempted to go on Sunday for the start of the Championship match against Kent.

Bit one sided this.

Kent hammered by 55 runs

175/ 4 off our 16 overs. David Lloyd making a brilliant 97 . What a shame he didn't get his 100
    Kent will need something like 180 when DL is taken into account.
    Two balls left and he took a single he could have left it and tried for a four off the last ball

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Two balls left and he took a single he could have left it and tried for a four off the last ball
    I know but I guess he had to play for the team. A cracking win and Glammy are top.

Cracking batting again tonight well backed up by Steyn and the other bowlers.

Sounds like we couldn't have a picked a worse time to play you next week, more so that we're a bit hampered losing Roy to the England squad for a few weeks.

There was a streaker at Surrey/Middlesex tonight, we all had a laugh

Who are these three , Duck , Worth and Lewis, any relation to Ian , Duncan and Smith ,those two famous PM,s.

What a completely dominant win that was. Steyn has justified the expense of bringing him here and it's a shame that he will not be there for the second half of the campaign - Tait is a far more erratic performer than him, but, at his best, he can blow away top orders like Steyn did last night.

Best thing about the game for me though was that a young Welsh player produced a superb innings - I can remember people at the club claiming David Lloyd was a real talent even as he began his first class career with three consecutive ducks and it looks like they were right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a completely dominant win that was. Steyn has justified the expense of bringing him here and it's a shame that he will not be there for the second half of the campaign - Tait is a far more erratic performer than him, but, at his best, he can blow away top orders like Steyn did last night.

Best thing about the game for me though was that a young Welsh player produced a superb innings - I can remember people at the club claiming David Lloyd was a real talent even as he began his first class career with three consecutive ducks and it looks like they were right.
    He is a good batsmen and we seem to be playing him in that capacity rather than as an all rounder. Agreed about Steyn. After an iffy first game when he was getting used to the conditions he has been excellent. Tait will be a lot more hit and miss and probably expensive.
    I hope the weather is better next Friday night and we get a god crowd in.

If the question is Duckworth-Lewis, what was the answer?
    £8 according to this:--

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Display...FQgj0wodgikP7A

Kent really struggling at 27/3. Superb from Steyn.
    Tempted to go on Sunday for the start of the Championship match against Kent.
    I take it you know that you can watch the home four day matches on the club's website? I usually go along to one or two Championship games for a few hours every season, but I doubt it if I'll bother this year because of that coverage on the website - it's not ideal because there is only the one camera which never shows what's happening away from the wicket but the sound and vision coverage has always been in perfect sync when I've watched.

I take it you know that you can watch the home four day matches on the club's website? I usually go along to one or two Championship games for a few hours every season, but I doubt it if I'll bother this year because of that coverage on the website - it's not ideal because there is only the one camera which never shows what's happening away from the wicket but the sound and vision coverage has always been in perfect sync when I've watched.
    Free entry tomorrow, with a beer festival & live entertainment. For Father's Day.

Yes I have watched some of the play but it is very limited to what you can see. A nice idea though which hopefully might be expanded upon next season.

Free entry tomorrow, with a beer festival & live entertainment. For Father's Day.

Yep this is great. Cant fault the club for trying to get people through the gates.