Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

Re: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fair enough. I will.
    Do I detect hesitation.

Times Article

""" On Tuesday when I met him Stephen Kinnock, MP for Aberavon, still shared an office with Jo Cox. That morning Jeremy Corbyn, his boss, had finally got around to relaunching Labour’s “In” campaign.

Two days later Jo Cox was murdered. Her killer shouted “Britain first” as he stabbed and shot her. In years to come, when people think back to the EU referendum, they will most likely not immediately think of Mr Corbyn or David Cameron or Boris Johnson. They will think of Jo Cox.

Yesterday when I spoke to Mr Kinnock again there were tears on the other end ""

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Despicable

Typical of the lefties though
    I don't get offended very easily but I was disgusted yesterday when I saw tweets saying Boris & Farage are to blame ect, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    These ‘un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussels’

There are three main EU institutions – the Parliament, which is democratically elected under a PR system every five years; the Council – made up of ministers and heads of states from each and every EU government; and the Commission – made up of 28 commissioners, one put forward by each country in the EU and who oversee just shy of 30,000 civil servants.

This compares to the 400,000 ‘bureaucrats’ employed by Whitehall, who work as the expert civil service: some on drafting laws to curb air pollution; some on dividing up EU funding to deprived regions; some on re-evaluating existing laws on VAT, and so on.

Oh yes, and then there's the House of Lords, are the Lords elected, is that democratic?

Now remind me, which is more democratic?
    How many of that rabble in Brussels do you think have the best interests of this country in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I don't eat the shit anyhow, but Mrs Steve R likes it nice and straight with a bit of girth.
    You know exactly where you can stick your EU cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't get offended very easily but I was disgusted yesterday when I saw tweets saying Boris & Farage are to blame ect, unbelievable.

How many of that rabble in Brussels do you think have the best interests of this country in mind?

You know exactly where you can stick your EU cucumber.

I would suggest that "that rabble" which is more democratic than the rabble that run this country, have the interests of a European Union in mind, which includes this country. Your comment is a bit like asking, how many of the rabble that govern this country have the valleys in mind? (Or even THIS country)

I would suggest that "that rabble" which is more democratic than the rabble that run this country,
    Good point.

You have to laugh, it wasn't that long ago that UKIP were bleating on about how our current electoral system was undemocratic because they didn't win many seats.

Now, when it suits them, FPP seems to be being held up as a paragon of democracy.

Fecking two-faced bigots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Good point.

You have to laugh, it wasn't that long ago that UKIP were bleating on about how our current electoral system was undemocratic because they didn't win many seats.

Now, when it suits them, FPP seems to be being held up as a paragon of democracy.

Fecking two-faced bigots
    Is that including me?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The remain camp using her death to gain votes?
    Thought the Times were in favour of leaving the EU?

Good point.

Fecking two-faced bigots
    I wouldn't underestimate the contribution the press have played as well. They have an awful lot to answer for and, in my opinion, seriously undermine the democracy of this country

Banned

Good point.

Fecking two-faced bigots

You really have a problem with people who don't vote the way you want them to don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    You really have a problem with people who don't vote the way you want them to don't you.
    Not at all. I have a problem with UKIP and I have a problem with politicians who twist things to suit their own personal agenda, but that's it.

If people want to vote out, then fine, personally I think that would be catastrophic for Wales, but hey, I'm in my mid fifties, it's not my future that could be irrevocably screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Is that including me?
    Eh?
    Have you been showing double standards whilst in public office to suit your own agenda rather than the people you are meant to be serving?

If not, then no.

Blog Entries

Eh?
    Have you been showing double standards whilst in public office to suit your own agenda rather than the people you are meant to be serving?

If not, then no.
    Sorry I read that wrong as I can't see my screen (long story) ..no I haven't btw.

I, for one, am sick of Mrs. R showing double standards whilst in public office to suit her own agenda rather than the people she is meant to be serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I, for one, am sick of Mrs. R showing double standards whilst in public office to suit her own agenda rather than the people she is meant to be serving.
    she cant see the screen, much

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

I wouldn't underestimate the contribution the press have played as well. They have an awful lot to answer for and, in my opinion, seriously undermine the democracy of this country
    Agreed. Somebody posted all the Daily Express headlines over their front pages in recent months on a Reading football message board I post on.. Time after time a hatred of immigrants. Little wonder racism is rife in this country. We have political correctness in reverse in this country. We are not allowed to call out racists for what they are. That will now change. There is too much hatred in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed. Somebody posted all the Daily Express headlines over their front pages in recent months on a Reading football message board I post on.. Time after time a hatred of immigrants. Little wonder racism is rife in this country. We have political correctness in reverse in this country. We are not allowed to call out racists for what they are. That will now change. There is too much hatred in this country.
    Completely agree Pearcey. I read an article this week which described the results of an analysis of the press coverage of the EU referendum. There was a 130% pro Brexit than remain, of which a huge number of Brexit messages were lies. Front page lies, then a 54 word apology 2 days later on page 4. That cannot be right!

Btw here's the Express headlines

https://mobile.twitter.com/Luke_Step...832192/photo/1

Completely agree Pearcey. I read an article this week which described the results of an analysis of the press coverage of the EU referendum. There was a 130% pro Brexit than remain, of which a huge number of Brexit messages were lies. Front page lies, then a 54 word apology 2 days later on page 4. That cannot be right!

Btw here's the Express headlines

https://mobile.twitter.com/Luke_Step...832192/photo/1
    Friend of the far right goslow said 'Hyperbole' when I mentioned that maybe the papers have a bit to do with radicalising someone like Mair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    At least they are not organizing a vigil right before the vote, that would be the ultimate in bad taste..
    It looks like they will be holding vigils all around the world on Wednesday, the day before the vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-mp-charities

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Friend of the far right goslow said 'Hyperbole' when I mentioned that maybe the papers have a bit to do with radicalising someone like Mair.
    They would say that, wouldn't they!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like they will be holding vigils all around the world on Wednesday, the day before the vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-mp-charities
    Or, on her 42nd birthday. I'm sure that is more prominent in her family's mind than the EU referendum. But then some people always "politicise" everything. Prick!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    And when you do call them out it is "Political correctness gone mad"

Or, on her 42nd birthday. I'm sure that is more prominent in her family's mind than the EU referendum. But then some people always "politicise" everything. Prick!
    I hope they broadcast it live on TV for those who can't make it.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 18-06-16 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And when you do call them out it is "Political correctness gone mad"
    Yep. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Take a look at the EU's record - "better the devil you know" ? Really ?

It's a non-accountable dictatorship. Do some research. EVERYONE, do some research. You will NOT be able to vote them out. You vote 'remain' and it's game over. No more democracy, laws made by un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussells.
    We have #moreincommon than apart