+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

Re: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

I'm not going to subscribe to The Times Online to read it. What does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not going to subscribe to The Times Online to read it. What does it say?
    It says remember Jo when you vote on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It says remember Jo when you vote on Thursday.
    Fair enough. I will.

The remain camp using her death to gain votes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    That's how i saw it.

Sick.

Despicable

Typical of the lefties though
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 18-06-16 at 13:51.

They shouldn't be saying this. The media (both sides) have been just about as bad as the politicians throughout this whole campaign

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They shouldn't be saying this. The media (both sides) have been just about as bad as the politicians throughout this whole campaign
    Its been a quite horrible campaign by both sides full of bluster and spite with little substance.
    I am just about a remain, as it stands, mainly due to taking the view that better the devil you know.
    Quite how anyone can vote out on the basis of the campaign of the Brexit brigade is puzzling as their premise is that' it will be better we promise'.
    Then again, the fact that I am ( and many others it seems). not convinced by the remain argument highlights what a poor campaign it has been all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Its been a quite horrible campaign by both sides full of bluster and spite with little substance.
    I am just about a remain, as it stands, mainly due to taking the view that better the devil you know.
    Quite how anyone can vote out on the basis of the campaign of the Brexit brigade is puzzling as their premise is that' it will be better we promise'.
    Then again, the fact that I am ( and many others it seems). not convinced by the remain argument highlights what a poor campaign it has been all round.
    Take a look at the EU's record - "better the devil you know" ? Really ?

It's a non-accountable dictatorship. Do some research. EVERYONE, do some research. You will NOT be able to vote them out. You vote 'remain' and it's game over. No more democracy, laws made by un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post

It's a non-accountable dictatorship. Do some research. EVERYONE, do some research. You will NOT be able to vote them out. You vote 'remain' and it's game over. No more democracy, laws made by un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussells.
    Can you explain why you think the EU is a "non-accountable dictatorship."

It's no more or less democratic than the UK Parliament.

I have done my research and I think you're wrong. Cheers though.

At least they are not organizing a vigil right before the vote, that would be the ultimate in bad taste..
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 18-06-16 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Nail on head Major. I saw the referendum being described as the most important decision Britain has ever taken by someone on here - a bit over the top maybe, but it does bring home just what is at stake on Thursday and it's against this backdrop that the two campaigns have to be judged.

You, like me, are in the a pretty substantial portion of the electorate who are the equivalent of floating voters or undecideds in a General Election. Then, there are the two other groups who have been committed to one side or the other for years and are never going to be persuaded to by the other side's arguments. So, like in most elections, it's a battle for the middle ground and what have either side done to educate and persuade the people who, in reality, will decide the country's future?

The leave side have had a difficult task when it comes to the economic arguments because the huge majority of reports prepared by economists, business groups, trades unions have concluded that we will be worse off financially, but their response to these has been typical of the shabby standard of debate indulged in by those charged with setting the tone and style of the campaign - they play the men/women behind the figures rather than the ball, while telling us that no one really knows what will happen if we leave. There you have it, those who are advocating us going it alone telling us that they're not sure how things we turn out, but, trust us, it will be better than if we stay in!

If anything, the remain camp's campaign has been even worse with their daily forecasts of doom and disaster on all kinds of fronts if we vote to leave - they've become truly ridiculous and, in my opinion, they've suffered self inflicted wounds in the field in which they should have been strongest. I say daily dire warnings of what's to come if we vote no mind, but the truth is there's not been as many of them lately. That's strange because about a month ago when Gideon and Dave were at the height of their daily ludicrous claims regarding the implications of an exit, I can remember thinking that the remain camp must have really serious stuff to throw at their opponents in the last fortnight of the campaign if they feel they can play all of their strongest hands so early, but, instead there's been nothing as the campaign has been allowed to centre on the ground where the exiters are strongest - immigration.

I feel the remain campaign has been very complacent because it seems that they thought the whole thing would be as good as over once they'd "battered" their rivals with their daily press releases and speeches regarding the economy - not only complacent, but also out of touch with how substantial numbers of Britons feel about the issue of EU membership.

About ten days ago I said on here that those fully committed to the side which ends up losing the vote would be justified in feeling completely let down by those who presented the public face of their campaign - I've come to feel that even more strongly since then.

I don't think the leaders on either side can be blamed for creating the sort of bitter, nasty, intolerant and polarised nation we are in serious danger of becoming in the three months of campaigning we've had. Those feelings we're there already I suspect, but their gross ineptitude, total lack of vision and proper leadership and truly dreadful standard of debating has certainly helped in bringing it more to the surface - I don't know what the outcome of the vote will be, but I've a feeling that great harm has been done to the country whoever wins.

Would you like to specify the particular laws that apply in our country which have been made by these unaccountable people?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Would you like to specify the particular laws that apply in our country which have been made by these unaccountable people?

Thanks.
    We couldn't send Captain Hook home because of those Wankers with their human rights "laws"

These ‘un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussels’

There are three main EU institutions – the Parliament, which is democratically elected under a PR system every five years; the Council – made up of ministers and heads of states from each and every EU government; and the Commission – made up of 28 commissioners, one put forward by each country in the EU and who oversee just shy of 30,000 civil servants.

This compares to the 400,000 ‘bureaucrats’ employed by Whitehall, who work as the expert civil service: some on drafting laws to curb air pollution; some on dividing up EU funding to deprived regions; some on re-evaluating existing laws on VAT, and so on.

Oh yes, and then there's the House of Lords, are the Lords elected, is that democratic?

Now remind me, which is more democratic?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    These ‘un-elected, un-accountable people in Brussels’

There are three main EU institutions – the Parliament, which is democratically elected under a PR system every five years; the Council – made up of ministers and heads of states from each and every EU government; and the Commission – made up of 28 commissioners, one put forward by each country in the EU and who oversee just shy of 30,000 civil servants.

This compares to the 400,000 ‘bureaucrats’ employed by Whitehall, who work as the expert civil service: some on drafting laws to curb air pollution; some on dividing up EU funding to deprived regions; some on re-evaluating existing laws on VAT, and so on.

Oh yes, and then there's the House of Lords, are the Lords elected, is that democratic?

Now remind me, which is more democratic?

Superbly put. Just sad that so many either ignore this reality or accept the lies spouted by the Brexit camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

Superbly put. Just sad that so many either ignore this reality or accept the lies spouted by the Brexit camp.
    Yeah but at least we have an elected of state....oh!!!!

Thanks.

Straight cucumbers

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Straight cucumbers

According to a really worrying thread on another board, the EU have abolished tea and toast!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=173686

I like my tea and toast and may now have to vote 'leave'.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I you fecking kidding me - utterly sick people who will use her death for political reasons - but there again they are desperate and will do anything
    Not a subscriber so can anyone confirm that someone from the Remain camp has said that we should think of Jo Cox when voting on Thursday? If they have then I'd agree that it's totally wrong.

The preamble to the article suggests that it's just a journalist saying that in years to come when we think of this referendum we will think of Jo Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Straight cucumbers
    If memory serves the stories about straight bananas/cucumbers was one of the made up stories - i.e. lies - by an EU correspondent for the Telegraph.

That journalist was a certain Boris Johnson. Pretty sure he was sacked for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    If memory serves the stories about straight bananas/cucumbers was one of the made up stories - i.e. lies - by an EU correspondent for the Telegraph.

That journalist was a certain Boris Johnson. Pretty sure he was sacked for lying.

I don't eat the shit anyhow, but Mrs Steve R likes it nice and straight with a bit of girth.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I you fecking kidding me - utterly sick people who will use her death for political reasons - but there again they are desperate and will do anything
    I haven't read the article, and whilst I don't condone using her death for political reasons, it seems pretty clear to me that her death was, to a degree, political. Certainly her murderer killed her because of her political beliefs.

In addition, as soon as a Muslim person commits a crime, or a "foreigner" then that crime is of course because of too much immigration, etc etc etc. So the peopl who ensure that these crimes are 'political" must surely accept that the Jo Cox murder was political as well.