+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

Re: ‘Remember Jo at the ballot box’

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/lo.../headg-2049387

Please don't ever insinuate I would make something like that up again when I have a 12 year old daughter myself you odious toad of a man.
    I didn't insinuate you had, I asked for the evidence. What is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I didn't insinuate you had, I asked for the evidence. What is wrong with that?
    Don't come that with me. I've seen the way you operate on here, and what you had already posted to know where this was heading had I not found the link.

Now if you don't mind I've wasted enough of Fathers Day justifying myself so toodle pip.

Don't come that with me. I've seen the way you operate on here, and what you had already posted to know where this was heading had I not found the link.

Now if you don't mind I've wasted enough of Fathers Day justifying myself so toodle pip.
    Simple - next time you have a story post the link. Then you wouldn't waste so much time justifying yourself.

If someone posts something here I, more often than not, ask for the evidence. I can't pass judgement on a story without evidence.

Semantics. He had plied her with drink, ripped her tights and was in the process of raping her only stopped by passers by.

I don't see anywhere in that sentence where they order deportation do you? Just that he has to sign the sex register for 10 years.
    You said "he was allowed to stay", which makes the assumption that there was a demand to deport him, denied by our membership of the EU.
    On that basis, you are also assuming he was an immigrant, rather than Welsh born with a polish name.
    You also said he was a rapist, he wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, It's a shocking story, and I'd sign up for castrating all sex offenders, be they Polish or British, but what's also disapointing is to see this poor girl's trauma being exploited to make a political point.

You sound a very paranoid man, both in your reaction to him asking for a link to the story before commenting and your opinion on all immigrants because of one scumbag in Merthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Well I have been called it and it's been suggested quite a bit on here, it's starting to grate on me now if I'm honest so maybe I'm getting a bit touchy about it, it hasn't helped with the footie this week, I've felt a bit uncomfortable for being English too, even though I live in Wales, my kids are Welsh and I wanted Wales to win I'm still English scum apparently, quite ironic really.

When you say the lesser of two evils do you think your view might be slightly different if you thought we would be left with a different government?
    I genuinely can't recall anyone calling you a racist on here. Most regular posters know your views in the EU and you haven't come remotely close to saying anything racist. If I felt a Government I could support was about to come into power after the Referendum it would certainly make my choice a lot harder. It would still be incredibly difficult to vote on the same side as Farage,IDS,Johnson and your bestie Michael Gove though.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You said "he was allowed to stay", which makes the assumption that there was a demand to deport him, denied by our membership of the EU.
    On that basis, you are also assuming he was an immigrant, rather than Welsh born with a polish name.

Don't get me wrong, It's a shocking story, and I'd sign up for castrating all sex offenders, be they Polish or British, but what's also disapointing is to see this poor girl's trauma being exploited to make a political point.
    The sentence was lenient - there is no way that 12 months is enough for what was an aborted attempt of rape. I'd have thought that would be enough to get a few years in jail with a lifetime on a sex offender's list.

As you say, we don't know if the person was Polish or some other nationality with a Polish name. We also don't know if there was a deportation order.

I don't want to question him further, else I'll be seen as being an odious toad.

It may be garbage to you but you haven't been called a racist for the last few months have you?
    You aren't a racist at all. You are just following the crowd ;)

No assumptions it is known he was a recent immigrant and not born here. I am friendly with one of the managers up the meat factory where he worked, it's where most of the Poles who come looking for work in Merthyr work. Said manager posts on here, Phil Stants Brother, I'm sure he will confirm as I'm not searching the net for another hour to prove those of you trying to discredit the example. Ironically our best mate, surname Pilarz, is of Polish but born in this country. Thankfully he doesn't hang around parks with underage girls drinking and trying to molest them. There was a couple of places in Merthyr where this was an issue with Polish immigrants, Trevethick monument and Thomastown Park, but thankfully that's been stamped out.

I say allowed to stay because to my mind that shouldn't even be up for discussion. It shouldn't be a case of applying for someone to be deported, anyone found guilty of such a heinous crime should be sent straight home. I know you lefties won't agree but that's my opinion.

As for trying to claim he's not a rapist, spare us the technicalities, he was about to rape her and got stopped in the act.

Finally, I'd hardly call bringing up this case, which has already been reported in the press, as "exploiting the poor girls trauma for political gain".

It was in retort to your condescending misconception that all Brexiters will be voting out "whilst muttering Polish plumbers".

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You sound a very paranoid man, both in your reaction to him asking for a link to the story before commenting and your opinion on all immigrants because of one scumbag in Merthyr.
    Where do I say that's my opinion on all immigrants just because of this one guy?

Who's the one making assumptions now?

My opinion is if they come to work and live by our laws fine. The ones who come over commiting crime or just sponging shouldn't be here. I pop into the bookies most lunchtimes to do a bet and the same few immigrants are in there on the machines spending their benefits paid for out of our taxes no doubt. Immigrants like that no time for I am afraid. Send them home. No use to society.

Do I think we now have too many? Yes. Do I think the ones not contributing should be sent home? Yes
    Am I concerned about Turkey and others joining? You bet.

I've actually lived next door to a hard working Polish family with no problems. They were certainly nicer neighbours than the old trout who lives there now, treats her house as a dog kennel and drives around in a brand new VW Touran even though she doesn't work but that's a different argument.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 19-06-16 at 13:11.

As a leftie I do think someone should be deported for a heinous crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    As a leftie I do think someone should be deported for a heinous crime.
    It would appear some on here, and the judge, don't think it is such a heinous crime to get a 12 year old girl drunk, molest her and about to do God knows what to her because he was actually stopped in the act.
    A rapist foiled in the act is not a rapist so it seems. I'm pretty sure if you get caught burgling someone's house and get caught then you're still a burglar?

I bet Ched Evans wishes he had some of the posters on here on the jury for his original case.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 19-06-16 at 13:27.

It would appear some on here, and the judge, don't think it is such a heinous crime to get a 12 year old girl drunk, molest her and about to do God knows what to her because he was actually stopped in the act.
    A rapist foiled in the act is not a rapist so it seems. I'm pretty sure if you get caught burgling someone's house and get caught then you're still a burglar?

I bet Ched Evans wishes he had some of the posters on here on the jury for his original case.
    A few days ago you were more concerned about a goal in the football than a mother of two young children being stabbed and shot in the face in broad daylight in the street. Do you only give a shit about a disgusting crime when a foreign person commits it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    A few days ago you were more concerned about a goal in the football than a mother of two young children being stabbed and shot in the face in broad daylight in the street. Do you only give a shit about a disgusting crime when a foreign person commits it?
    Im over the goal now. Onwards and upwards.

Didnt say I didnt give a shit for the young lady who sadly lost her life, I said it was sad but I was honest enough to say it wont have any effect on my life, the same as the many other tragedys that happen every single day wont. If we get upset by every death of every stranger that dies every day we wouldnt get out of bed in the morning. I said i would probably think more about the goal we conceded than a death of a stranger, if that upsets you RIP Diana syndrome grief whores who want to make that into something else so be it.

This is a different thread, one which as a member of this forum im allowed to give my opinion, and I dont think her death should be used as a political pawn and a reason to vote remain. There are horrendous cases on both sides of the remain / leave argument, crimes commited by nationals and immigrants, just because hers is the most recent doesnt mean it should influence which way we vote.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 19-06-16 at 14:27.

Blog Entries

Well I for me don't believe you are racist for one second. As one of the more intelligent posters on here, I'm also fairly confident that you have a rational reason for wanting to leave the EU, although I honestly can't for the life of me imagine what they might be.

But a significant number of brexiters will be muttering jokes about Polish Plumbers on their way to the polls.
    My opinion of the EU has been gathered over a number of years and is nothing to do with any of the nonsense in the recent campaign, I really don't have the energy to try and explain it today though.

Behave Mrs R. People were talking about the Daily Express headlines over the last few months. The Daily Express have made the EU Referendum about one and only one topic - that of immigration. Not one single poster has suggested that "anyone who wants to leave is a racist" in this thread.

There are plenty of people jumping to conclusions about the way that people are paying tribute to the MP though. "Typical lefties" (Do we include Cameron in that?) - and we are seeing the birth of another conspiracy theory that people are using this death to get more votes. Where's the evidence? Even the headline of this very thread is misleading! That's how conspiracy theories start and you are just as bad with your quoted statement here.

Not one single person in this thread said that leavers are racist. Don't be so daft.
    Yeah behave behave, I will thinly veil that you are a thief in posts over the next six months and see if you get sick of it shall I? nobody has mentioned conspiracies except you btw.

I genuinely can't recall anyone calling you a racist on here. Most regular posters know your views in the EU and you haven't come remotely close to saying anything racist. If I felt a Government I could support was about to come into power after the Referendum it would certainly make my choice a lot harder. It would still be incredibly difficult to vote on the same side as Farage,IDS,Johnson and your bestie Michael Gove though.
    If it would make your choice harder then I suggest you remove the idea of Boris taking over and then think about it again because on the grand scheme of things that really should not affect your decision imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You aren't a racist at all. You are just following the crowd ;)
    Baaaaaa, I'm such a sheep

Yeah behave behave, I will thinly veil that you are a thief in posts over the next six months and see if you get sick of it shall I?
    But a few people are saying here that they haven't seen you labelled as a racist on this board. And certainly no-one has said it in this thread.

My opinion of the EU has been gathered over a number of years and is nothing to do with any of the nonsense in the recent campaign, I really don't have the energy to try and explain it today though.

Yeah behave behave, I will thinly veil that you are a thief in posts over the next six months and see if you get sick of it shall I? nobody has mentioned conspiracies except you btw.

If it would make your choice harder then I suggest you remove the idea of Boris taking over and then think about it again because on the grand scheme of things that really should not affect your decision imo.

Baaaaaa, I'm such a sheep
    Nope I disagree. If we Brexit Cameron is gone and the right wing Tories will take control. No thanks.

Blog Entries

Nope I disagree. If we Brexit Cameron is gone and the right wing Tories will take control. No thanks.
    We have a Tory government already

A genuine question, where do you think our National health service is going to fit in when we become the United states of Europe?

Blog Entries

But a few people are saying here that they haven't seen you labelled as a racist on this board. And certainly no-one has said it in this thread.
    I was referring to the whole campaign to be honest, my very first mention of leaving I was told that I must have the same views as Farage if I want to leave and it has just gone on from there.

A genuine question, where do you think our National health service is going to fit in when we become the United states of Europe?
    They will go far more to the right though.
    This is the one of the reasons why I am voting in because the right wingers like Gove,Johnson, and IDS want to privatise our NHS.
    There is no chance of TTIP happening as a number of EU Governments are dead set against it. If we were to leave the EU it's a different matter altogether as TTIP is exactly what the right wingers want...and they would have much more chance of implementing it.For once I agree with John Major. Our NHS is about as safe as a hamster with a hungry python around.

Blog Entries

This is the one of the reasons why I am voting in because the right wingers like Gove,Johnson, and IDS want to privatise our NHS.
    There is no chance of TTIP happening as a number of EU Governments are dead set against it. If we were to leave the EU it's a different matter altogether as TTIP is exactly what the right wingers want...and they would have much more chance of implementing it.For once I agree with John Major. Our NHS is about as safe as a hamster with a hungry python around.
    Well it just shows how distorted this whole thing has become because I think the opposite of all of those things, I would bet my house that those in the EU who were against TTIP will suddenly change their minds once we stay in and we will be completely screwed over, just remember your feelings on Cameron before this all started and let them come up to the boil again, you trust that tw*t with the NHS as much as I do which is not alot, he may be the lesser of two evils in your eyes but he is still evil.

I'm confused. Are we voting to become a member of a new country? Or to retain our place in the EU? If it's the former - then it's news to me. If it's the latter, then I think the NHS will fit in exactly as it has done since 1957 - unless certain UK politicians get their way.

Well it just shows how distorted this whole thing has become because I think the opposite of all of those things, I would bet my house that those in the EU who were against TTIP will suddenly change their minds once we stay in and we will be completely screwed over, just remember your feelings on Cameron before this all started and let them come up to the boil again, you trust that tw*t with the NHS as much as I do which is not alot, he may be the lesser of two evils in your eyes but he is still evil.
    We certainly agree on Cameron. He is the biggest hypocrite out there. On TTIP the French Government would never vote for it. As for the EU it is far from perfect and the clandestine discussions with American business in regard to TTIP was a disgrace. However having just one EU state vetoing dodgy legislation makes in incredibly difficult for rogue legislation passing into law.

Johnson said that TTIP was the best thing since sliced bread. If the UK was to go it alone, and looked for a new trade agreement with the US - who is to say that the US wouldn't force an isolated UK to agree to TTIP?

One last point Mrs SR. Don't forget it's the Tory right wingers fronting the Brexit campaign who want to privatise the NHS