+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Iceland 1 - 1 Hungary.

FT: Iceland 1 - 1 Hungary.

Iceland (4-4-2) Hannes Halldorsson; Birkir Saevarsson, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Kari Arnason, Ari Skulason; Johann Gudmundsson, Aron Gunnarsson (capt), Gylfi Sigurdsson, Birkir Bjarnason; Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Kolbeinn Sigthorsson

Coaches: Lars Lagerback (SWE)/Heimir Hallgrímsson (ISL)

Hungary (4-1-4-1) Gabor Kiraly; Adam Lang, Richard Guzmics, Roland Juhasz, Tamas Kadar; Zoltan Gera; Balazs Dzsudzsak (capt), Adam Nagy, Laszlo Kleinheisler, Zoltan Stieber; Tamas Priskin

Coach: Bernd Storck (GER)

gunnar_euro.jpg

Re: Iceland v Hungary. City's only player at tournament skippers Iceland

Gunnarsson wins a penalty

Re: Latest: Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary. 39. Sigurdsson scores after Gunnarsson wins penalty

Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary.

Marseilles. The Welsh Connection. Gunnarsson wins spot kick. Sigurdsson scores.

Re: Latest: Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary. 39. Sigurdsson scores after Gunnarsson wins penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary.

Gunnars definitely won that.

1-1. Shame, but probably the best result for us. We don't want a group with three teams on 3 points or more

Re: HT: Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary. 39. Sigurdsson scores after Gunnarsson wins penalty

Harsh on Iceland, that. They looked basically through.

Another very late goal though.

Re: Latest: Iceland 1 - 1 Hungary. Leveller 88 mins

Iceland free kick. last minute. edge of box

Re: FT: Iceland 1 - 1 Hungary.

Great end to game. The drama is brilliant.

Re: FT: Iceland 1 - 1 Hungary.

Would have preferred a Hungary win. Still all to play for on Monday night.
    ITV God bless them have England v Slovakia on ITV 1 and ITV 2 whilst we are shunted over onto ITV 4. The tossers.

Iceland 1 - 0 Hungary.

Over an hour and no recognition for my stunning movie analogy. I hate you all

Over an hour and no recognition for my stunning movie analogy. I hate you all
    I noted it Mike......but I don't count. Swans fan.

Iceland did a Wales at the end - tried to park the bus but it rolled away. Hungary were the better side to be fair. Gylfi Sigurdsson looked bereft at the end. Like Wales they have it all to do in their final game - against Austria. They have 2 points so they need a win probably.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Iceland did a Wales at the end - tried to park the bus but it rolled away. Hungary were the better side to be fair. Gylfi Sigurdsson looked bereft at the end. Like Wales they have it all to do in their final game - against Austria. They have 2 points so they need a win probably.
    That's not very positive. The result is still very much in our hands whereas I'm not sure the same could be said for Iceland (certainly seeing as Portugal or Austria could overtake them in an hour) and even if not this team has given us every reason to believe.

Unless you want to be like the rugby supporting tits who only showed up for the England game, slagged off our players, sang about chariots and then announced they had bet on England previously. Then you can feck-off.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That's not very positive. The result is still very much in our hands whereas I'm not sure the same could be said for Iceland (certainly seeing as Portugal or Austria could overtake them in an hour) and even if not this team has given us every reason to believe.

Unless you want to be like the rugby supporting tits who only showed up for the England game, slagged off our players, sang about chariots and then announced they had bet on England previously. Then you can feck-off.
    I'll ignore your ignorant, abusive rant in the second paragraph. IMHO Wales still have it all to do but not, admittedly, as much to do as Iceland. We were so poor against England, Ramsey excepted - the only ball-playing quality in the side - that I worry for us against Russia - a team who are very average. Hopefully Joe Allen and Ramsey and probably Andy King, can provide some service to Bale who was wasted against England. I'd like to see Collins brought in alongside Chester and Williams with Ben Davies at wingback. Robson Kanu is definitely worth another start. Slovakia are quite capable of getting a draw so I repeat.....Wales have it all to do against Russia.