+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Iniesta

Iniesta

Does anyone know if there is a biography written about this guy?

I've read snippets about how he was spotted by Barcelonawhen playing in that la liga promises competition in Graham Hunter's book about Barca (excellent book)

It will be a dark day for football when this guy retires. for me he's what football should be all about.

Re: Iniesta

Him and Silva were on another level last night. He rolled back the years.

My favourite player. No better pass and move midfielder in the world NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I've read snippets about how he was spotted by Barcelonawhen playing in that la liga promises competition in Graham Hunter's book about Barca (excellent book)

It will be a dark day for football when this guy retires. for me he's what football should be all about.
    Due out this August, The Artist: Being iniesta

the spanish play the way it's meant to be played .quick thinking in confined space is the name of the game and iniesta is 1 of a long line of great players that started out in futsal the small sided version of the sport .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V6-L053uc

another great player coutinho is another example

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/453..._football.html

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the spanish play the way it's meant to be played .quick thinking in confined space is the name of the game and iniesta is 1 of a long line of great players that started out in futsal the small sided version of the sport .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V6-L053uc

another great player coutinho is another example

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/453..._football.html
    I don't really get the futsal thing at the moment. Maybe that will change in the future but I'm not fully convinced at present.

I understand why the Academy focuses on ball manipulation and 1v1 domination in the young ages but I think Iniesta's understanding of the game can't be fostered in futsal. (maybe I'm wrong)

I listened to a podcast a while back in which Carragher was arguing that foreign players are not necessarily technically better but they tend to be students of the game and tactically they are miles ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

That's brilliant news

This is one of the best youtube videos I've ever seen. A collection of goals/passes/skill by iniesta and Michael Laudrup which are close to identical.

https://youtu.be/4Lf4DrcRntA

I have read " Inshallah: Odyssey to the Middle East "

a very good read, The author even signs it for you

doesnt help your question though, but someone might pick up the Inshallah: Odyssey to the Middle East and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Just finished reading this book, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't really get the futsal thing at the moment. Maybe that will change in the future but I'm not fully convinced at present.

I understand why the Academy focuses on ball manipulation and 1v1 domination in the young ages but I think Iniesta's understanding of the game can't be fostered in futsal. (maybe I'm wrong)

I listened to a podcast a while back in which Carragher was arguing that foreign players are not necessarily technically better but they tend to be students of the game and tactically they are miles ahead.
    http://statsbomb.com/2016/11/4-coach...etter-players/

Here is an interesting article about youth coaching, and although it doesn't specifically focus on Futsal, it is easy to see that the skills talked about are especially useful in that especially balance and scanning

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have read " Inshallah: Odyssey to the Middle East "

a very good read, The author even signs it for you

doesnt help your question though, but someone might pick up the Inshallah: Odyssey to the Middle East and enjoy it
    For 90 pounds I'll give that one a wide birth tah.

See him live, he's even better than on TV. His movement, touch and the speed he does things is just incredible. Watched him and Silva for Spain vs Croatia in the summer, they were on another level.

Fantastic player. Should have won so many more Ballon D'ors, and would have if the world wasn't obsessed by goal-scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Fantastic player. Should have won so many more Ballon D'ors, and would have if the world wasn't obsessed by goal-scoring.
    yep . goals are ruining football.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    http://statsbomb.com/2016/11/4-coach...etter-players/

Here is an interesting article about youth coaching, and although it doesn't specifically focus on Futsal, it is easy to see that the skills talked about are especially useful in that especially balance and scanning
    Decent read that mate. When it comes to scanning, if you watch our team only Whittingham does this regularly.

The kids Spence also does it constantly in the youth team.

I'd also be surprised if Hoilett doesn't do it as he seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

Decent read that mate. When it comes to scanning, if you watch our team only Whittingham does this regularly.

The kids Spence also does it constantly in the youth team.

I'd also be surprised if Hoilett doesn't do it as he seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.
    The first time I came across the term was during the Euro's, when the saes were playing Rooney in midfield one of the analyst guys I follow on Twitter was very critical of Rooney's scanning, said every time he received the ball ab and looked up it was like he was seeing the opposition positions for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    yep . goals are ruining football.
    Not what I said friend. Difference between the obsession with goals (which can lead to rule changes which favour attackers unfairly or quality creative or defensive players missing from talks about the best in the world) and goals which are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The first time I came across the term was during the Euro's, when the saes were playing Rooney in midfield one of the analyst guys I follow on Twitter was very critical of Rooney's scanning, said every time he received the ball ab and looked up it was like he was seeing the opposition positions for the first time
    I've always known it has head movement and the term scanning is quite new to me. The top players all do it an incredible amount of times when they don't have the ball.