+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recalling parliament for Monday

Recalling parliament for Monday

I know this is dangerous ground but...

The murder of that lovely lady MP by (Allegedly...I say that because the media have convicted him by press assassination already) a sad man with severe mental problems (who was being cared for in the community) has resulted in the recall of Parliament.

This will enable the great and the good to make speeches at a time when the Purdah rules are in force JUST before the most important referendum vote is held in Britain.

Parliament should be recalled on FRIDAY next week.
    AJMHO

International

Re: Recalling parliament for Monday

So what exactly are you implying?

The sole discussion in Parliament in its recall will be the lady MP, tragically murdered.

Only a complete numpty would think the discussion would strAy anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    The sole discussion in Parliament in its recall will be the lady MP, tragically murdered.

Heard what the Mayor of London has said tonight?

http://news.sky.com/story/1713614/sa...come-poisonous

See direct reference to the posters.......We know who he is blaming here.
    Last edited by AlwaysAway2; 17-06-16 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Heard what the Mayor of London has said tonight?
    No.

Has it any relevance?

Edited above to help you mouthy

If you can find anything offensive in my original post well done.

You however refer to me as a numpty.

International

You are implying that Parliament should not stand and condemn this outrage because of the EU referendum. Do you really think that them meeting will change voters ideas, or do you believe it was 'arranged'?

The murder of that lovely lady MP by (Allegedly...I say that because the media have convicted him by press assassination already) a sad man with severe mental problems (who was being cared for in the community) has resulted in the recall of Parliament.

This will enable the great and the good to make speeches at a time when the Purdah rules are in force JUST before the most important referendum vote is held in Britain.

AJMHO
    His house contained Nazi memorabilia apparently

No.

Has it any relevance?
    There's a crazy theory among some "Brexiters" that it was staged so that more people voted to stay in

AJMHO
    I am fairly certain that MPs will be paying respect to a colleague. If you have some evidence that Parliament is being recalled for some other purpose please provide the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's a crazy theory among some "Brexiters" that it was staged so that more people voted to stay in
    That tells you something about the idiocy of those people.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    They couldnt very well recall parliament today, with the main party leaders, quite rightly being in Yorkshire paying their respects.
    The last time parliament sat on a Saturday was when Argentina invaded the Falklands, before that Suez and the first time the outbreak of WW2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That tells you something about the idiocy of those people.
    Brexiters?

AJMHO
    There has now been a charge of murder laid against Thomas Mair and, on the face of it, it looks as open and shut a case as the the Lee Rigby one was with the only doubt being whether the perpetrator should be detained in a jail or a mental hospital.

In another post you said there was nothing offensive in your OP. Speaking for myself, I find the fact that you felt there was a need for you to post it at all offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Personally they should have recalled Parliament for today or tomorrow, not 4 days before the biggest decision this country ever makes - or postpone recalling till a week monday.
    What difference would it make if it had been Saturday instead of Monday?

I don't believe I called you a numpty - apologies if you think that is the case.

All I said was that anyone who thinks that the discussion in a recalled parliament would be anything but a tribute to the dead MP is a complete numpty.

Breaking: Thomas Mair, charged with MP Jo Cox's murder, gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" to UK court.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Breaking: Thomas Mair, charged with MP Jo Cox's murder, gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" to UK court.
    BBC's story on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36567005

First Team

AJMHO
    You are so wrong on this. Take a moment to reflect on what you've written. Parliamentarians just want time to reflect and share memories of Jo in their workplace. There's nothing political in it at all. I'll bet you now nobody mentions anything political on Monday.

AJMHO
    Any problems with today's recalled Parliament debate mate?

Not for me. It went exactly how I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Brexiters?
    I've no idea. I think my post was meant for another thread.

Any problems with today's recalled Parliament debate mate?

Not for me. It went exactly how I expected.
    Yep. A number of MP's receive death threats these days. A lot will have been shocked to the core by what happened. They are easy targets. I think they probably needed Parliament today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I've no idea. I think my post was meant for another thread.
    Yeah yeah, you little back tracker

Stephen Kinnock did manage to get Nigel Farage's billboard into his memories of Jo.

The rest was basic subliminal messaging, repeating the "more in common than apart" narrative (which is equally applicable to staying in), and the "fight hate" line, i.e. fight against right-wing Brexiters.

It's all clever stuff, they are not stupid

Come on Wales