+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum predictions

EU Referendum predictions

Right then. I reckon Remain to sneak it winning by 52% to 48% with a high turnout of 73%

Re: EU Referendum predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Right then. I reckon Remain to sneak it winning by 52% to 48% with a high turnout of 73%
    Leave 51-49. Turnout 75%

Remain 62%
    Leave 38%

Turnout. 70%

Wasted opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think that's roughly how it'll pan out as well, a very narrow Remain win.

That'll leave a very high percentage of pissed off politicians and voters and this ridiculous referendum will become a "neverendum."

Hopefully common sense will prevail, and we won't be seeing this again

image.jpg

Remain 46-54 Leave. Hope im wrong.

probably get lambasted for saying it but i think the death of the MP swings it to remain, sad i know but i think its a huge moment in a horrible campaign

Remain to win by a few votes, less than 500 margin. Turnout would be higher than usual

And, judging by the way the campaign has gone, we'll probably get multiple legal challenges to the result from the losing side.

I have a feeling leave will just nick it (I want to remain)

I think the best outcome would be a marginal remain win that puts pressure on the EU.

Banned

Leave to have more votes.
    Remain declared the winner

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...bership-result

If the bookies are correct we will remain.

I hope they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

I hope they are wrong.
    I'm a remainer. Although nearly every one else I know is a leaver. Strange how the bookies got it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    I'm a remainer. Although nearly every one else I know is a leaver. Strange how the bookies got it like this.
    Depends where you live, who you know etc. I live in London and the majority are voting remain whilst the people I know back in Wales the majority want to leave. Which to me seems strange as Wales benefits more from the EU than London.

The bbc had an article (that I can't find) that said who is more likely to vote which way, under 30 more likely remain over 30 leave, university leavers more likely remain etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Remain to win by a few votes, less than 500 margin. Turnout would be higher than usual
    Less than 500 when about 20m are voting? It will be close, but your scenario gives one side 50.000125% and the other 49.999875%

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Leave to have more votes.
    Remain declared the winner
    How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Less than 500 when about 20m are voting? It will be close, but your scenario gives one side 50.000125% and the other 49.999875%
    I actually believe that its gonna be that close and every single vote would make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I actually believe that its gonna be that close and every single vote would make a difference
    If it is that close then we won't know the result for months or years, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It doesnt matter, Ive talked to people who are young and want to leave and Ive spoken to OAPs who want to remain and vice versa. Not easy to pigeon hole people.
    No ones pigeon holing there are other factors that come into it too, age, wealth, where you live, job, age, education.

It doesn't mean they'll definitely vote that way but there will be a pattern as with every election.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

I hope they are wrong.
    For my part I hope the bookies are right! However surely bookie's odds are only a bi-product of TOTAL VALUE of bets made? I gather the bookies admit to having received more bets to leave but as the amounts gambled are much higher for the fewer (and higher stakes) in the remain camp, that dramatically affects the odds. If you want to keep us in, dont waste the vote next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    That was my point - you cannot stereotype in this referendum. And unlike general elections - every vote is equal and valid. General Elections are usually one or lost in the key marginals of middle england.
    Yep. Every vote does count here. It doesn't in a General Election.

The result will be a narrow REMAIN win with a turnout of 65%. Within a month the EU will come forward with their ridiculous rules to limit vacuum cleaner power as well as a large bill to help pay for the euro and migration crisis and Greece's bailout. We will be liable for the latter as we were for the last bailout despite the assurances obtained.

International

Remin to win about 66 - 34
    however as someone said, whatever result has be be ratified by Parliament and a vote there made to begin or not begin extraction.