+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A challenge to the brexiters

A challenge to the brexiters

Simple question.
    Can you please give me one reason why exiting the EU will make my life better please?

The only caveat is that it needs to be factual, not an opinion or a gut instinct, but "this will happen if we leave, and this is why it will be good for you"

I'm off out for a while, so plenty of time for you to have a think about it. I look forward to reading the responses when I get back.

Thanks in advance.

Re: A challenge to the brexiters

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Simple question.
    Can you please give me one reason why exiting the EU will make my life better please?

The only caveat is that it needs to be factual, not an opinion or a gut instinct, but "this will happen if we leave, and this is why it will be good for you"

I'm off out for a while, so plenty of time for you to have a think about it. I look forward to reading the responses when I get back.

Thanks in advance.

I'll give my reason for not voting

In or out doesn't matter, the rich will still rule, the poor will still be poor,
    1% own 93% of the worlds wealth, so in our out is irrelevant,
    There will still be inequality, racists, a NHS still under pressure etc etc.

Economic arguments are null and void, as a wise man said " you can't have infinite growth on a finite planet"
    No politician is going to argue for less growth

We should, (myself included) be having an internal referendum on how to be a kinder person, consume less and love more, CHANGE should come from within, change myself-change the world

The system isn't broke it's designed perfectly, designed by the rich and powerful to maintain their status

Good luck which ever way you choose to vote

But as for voting

I'm out.....

If we vote out ,hopefully we will regain control of our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If we vote out ,hopefully we will regain control of our borders.
    "Hopefully"...

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    TH63 - Can you please give me one reason why staying in the EU will make my life better please? - new countries joining who wont be net contributors, a currency that is fecked, members that are bankrupt (Greece Im looking at you) and who will be needed a 3rd bailout in Sept. An economy that isnt growing at all.

If you we were out - would you vote to join - and why ?
    I always answer questions with another question, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    TH63 - Can you please give me one reason why staying in the EU will make my life better please? - new countries joining who wont be net contributors, a currency that is fecked, members that are bankrupt (Greece Im looking at you) and who will be needed a 3rd bailout in Sept. An economy that isnt growing at all.

If you we were out - would you vote to join - and why ?
    This kind of 'answer' is exactly why TH63 is asking the question in the first place.

Banned

We'll be able to send all the darkies back.

Less Polish plumbers

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    We'll be able to send all the darkies back.

Your going to be very disappointed, it must really hurt you deep within that the worlds changing, the people are changing.

Get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Less Polish plumbers

We want more not less

Just wait untill turkey joins you won't be able to sleep at night

Simple question.

Thanks in advance.
    Because I'm too old to learn German. They are trying for European domination.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    We want more not less

Just wait untill turkey joins you won't be able to sleep at night
    My barber is Turkish and I love Turkish food but the influx of too many is a concern.

We wouldn't be paying millions and millions of £££££££££ to the EU every week. I would like to see wales re-negotiate the Barnett Formula which would benefit everyone in Wales including you TH63

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    We wouldn't be paying millions and millions of £££££££££ to the EU every week. I would like to see wales re-negotiate the Barnett Formula which would benefit everyone in Wales including you TH63
    I've been waiting for someone to link me to the beneficial monetary impact on us leaving. Could you provide a link to the figures you quote as I thought Wales was a net beneficiary of funds from the EU but I haven't looked it up myself.

I'd also like to know why you think that Westminster will give us anything more if we leave the EU - they haven't been bothered up until now, why should that change? In fact it's only the EU that has provided us with additional funds in recent years.

Finally, if the Governor of the Bank of England think it'll be bad for the economy why do you think otherwise?

Ta!

Simple question.

Thanks in advance.
    Nearly 5 hours and counting. Not one person has answered your question, namely "why, exiting the EU will make your life better?" This doesn't surprise me as there is no answer to this question.

I would add another question. Which specific law emanating from Brussels has adversely affected people on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    Nearly 5 hours and counting. Not one person has answered your question, namely "why, exiting the EU will make your life better?" This doesn't surprise me as there is no answer to this question.
    Correct.
    In the same way there is no answer for remain - only suppositions and possibilities, based mainly on fear...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would add another question. Which specific law emanating from Brussels has adversely affected people on here?
    We want good old fashioned British criminals breaking good old fashioned British laws.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We want good old fashioned British criminals breaking good old fashioned British laws.
    Will they all have to come back from their villas in Spain if we leave the EU?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post

Your going to be very disappointed, it must really hurt you deep within that the worlds changing, the people are changing.

Get used to it

The world hasn't changed,the third world shitholes are still third world shitholes no matter how much help the first world gives it.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    The world hasn't changed,the third world shitholes are still third world shitholes no matter how much help the first world gives it.
    Thailand is a lot different than it was 30 years ago - it is now a major tourist destination, similarly Vietnam and Cambodia. India have joined the space race (I concede that poverty is still rife, and the Indian Government must change priorities), and have the some of the finest IT training colleges in the world.

The third world remains third world through corruption and exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I've been waiting for someone to link me to the beneficial monetary impact on us leaving. Could you provide a link to the figures you quote as I thought Wales was a net beneficiary of funds from the EU but I haven't looked it up myself.

I'd also like to know why you think that Westminster will give us anything more if we leave the EU - they haven't been bothered up until now, why should that change? In fact it's only the EU that has provided us with additional funds in recent years.

Finally, if the Governor of the Bank of England think it'll be bad for the economy why do you think otherwise?

Ta!
    Read what i Said....Penarth, are you suggesting that we don't give the EU any funds?

Read what i Said....Penarth, are you suggesting that we don't give the EU any funds?
    Are you suggesting that the net effect of these donations is negative?

All afternoon and this is arguably the closest anyone has come to answering my question.
    Two problems though:
    1. Yes we pay in "millions and millions of £££££", but in return we also receive "millions and millions" in direct funding and also indirectly as a product of commercial overseas investment and trade. That said, I accept that nobody can put an exact £ figure on it.
    2. The Barnett formula is not an EU mechanism and is completely under the control of the U.K. Government.

Not at all - we're a net contributor to Europe, one of the few. However, for you to suggest that we'll continue to be as successful financially as GB if we leave would be to fly in the face of every economic analysis of people who know better than I (and I suspect you as well). This could mean we lose far more out of the overall economy than the money we currently provide to the EU as part of the EU.

At the level of Wales we do well out of the EU gaining significant additional funds to supplement what Westminster deigns to give us. We are of as much interest to Westminster as the North of England and can't expect any favouritism from an even more right wing Tory party should we leave.

So, I'll ask my question again. Can you link me to the articles you have read showing that leaving the EU will be a net positive benefit to either the UK or Wales? Not just thinking we don't have to give them money any more, as life is not that simple.