+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: Russia 0 - 3 Wales. Ramsey 11, Taylor 20, Bale 67

Re: FT: Russia 0 - 3 Wales. Ramsey 11, Taylor 20, Bale 67

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Excellent review of the match from Gabriele Marcotti: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/...5325/undefined
    Good read that.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Excellent review of the match from Gabriele Marcotti: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/...5325/undefined
    Good read, liked this bit

"...enabled him to become almost cartoonish in his power. Like at the half-hour mark, when he accelerated away from Fedor Smolov like a video game character with a power-up..."

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    On train from Beziers to Toulouse ready for a long day.
    Not sure what I feel at the moment is it excitement, dread even!
    All I know is this will be a day/night to remember hopefully for all the right reasons culminating in a Welsh qualification into the knockout stages.

The dread, if in fact it was that, was soon dispersed after hitting Toulouse around midday. An hour's wander with a coffee and a baguette were quickly followed by copious amounts of Grand beers as the excitement built all day all round Toulouse drinking dens.
    The party mood of the hoards of Welsh fans singing & drinking and having photos with scattered Russians ensured the carnival atmosphere continued til we left for the ground around 7.30, allowing, plenty of time for the searches outside, warm up of the players and the National anthems,
    both of which were respectfully observed and emotionally sung.

The best was yet to come on one of Wales' great nights as we produced what can only be described as THE perfect answer to all the nagging doubts, "expert pundits' " predictions and condescending remarks of how Wales were 'just happy to be here'

Alan Green... dear oh dear, what concoction of drivel is he dreaming up for Wales in the last 16?
    I think I can wait!
    :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record, I did not see any aggression from a Russian nor Welshman all day. In fact I had many congratulating us on our performance even singing "don't take me home"

Last edited by Michael Morris; 21-06-16 at 22:54.

I hope when the dust settles and we all go back to watching our clubs that the FAW push on to ensure that we produce quality players for the future.Now is the time to act.Please dont sit back and rest on our laurels.This could be a watershed for Welsh football.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Great to see 18 players get time on the pitch so far.

Only Fon-Williams, Collins, Vaughan, George Williams and Cotterill haven't played so far.
    Yes that is quite something. I imagine G Williams will get on if we are trailing and need some flair and pace, the boy has bags of potential

On the plus side Russia are not a quick energetic team so we should have more time on the ball in midfield and our full-backs won't be so pinned back. Hoping Ramsey is at his mercurial best. And we need to play Collins to negate their 6' 5" striker, Dzyuba. Ginge is also a threat at corners and we never look like scoring from corners.