+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP CHARLIE CRIDDLE

RIP CHARLIE CRIDDLE

Hi all, I just wanted to let some supporters who may know Uncle Charlie that he passed away recently following a heart attack. He had supported Cardiff City all his life and had held a season ticket ever since they were invented! I'm gutted that he's missing the Euros as I know he would have loved to have been watching. We were lucky enough to be invited to have hospitality for the last game of the season by his care home where he got to meet some of his heroes old and new, and if anyone knows Gary Bell I would be grateful if they would let him know, as he knew Gary through living in Ely most of his life. Bit late i know but his funeral is 10.30 tomorrow at St Francis in Ely followed by cremation at Thornhill and a few beers at the West End afterwards.

Re: RIP CHARLIE CRIDDLE

Quote Originally Posted by mikey blue View Post
    Hi all, I just wanted to let some supporters who may know Uncle Charlie that he passed away recently following a heart attack. He had supported Cardiff City all his life and had held a season ticket ever since they were invented! I'm gutted that he's missing the Euros as I know he would have loved to have been watching. We were lucky enough to be invited to have hospitality for the last game of the season by his care home where he got to meet some of his heroes old and new, and if anyone knows Gary Bell I would be grateful if they would let him know, as he knew Gary through living in Ely most of his life. Bit late i know but his funeral is 10.30 tomorrow at St Francis in Ely followed by cremation at Thornhill and a few beers at the West End afterwards.
    Sorry for your loss mate,let's hope Wales do him proud tonight.
    Is this your Uncle Charlie?
    http://www.hallmarkcarehomes.co.uk/2...iff-city-play/

Condolences to you and your family Mikey.

Condolences to you, Nigel and all the family. Take care.

Hi mate, My and the wife were on your table ( The guy who was there for his 50th)

Both you and your Uncle were decent blokes, very sorry for your loss and R.I.P fellow Bluebird x

RIP Charlie

Godbless R.I.P

International

Was his mother Mary Criddle by any chance? From just off Leckwith Road?

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    Hi mate, My and the wife were on your table ( The guy who was there for his 50th)

Both you and your Uncle were decent blokes, very sorry for your loss and R.I.P fellow Bluebird x
    Yes, I remember you too, and the shirt your wife got you too! Cheers mate, that's very kind of you to say

Hi, yes his mum was Mary Criddle and he did live down Brunswick St for a few years but mainly cowbridge rd west in Ely

Yes, that's him, I did try to attach a photo to the thread but failed miserably lol

International

Hi, yes his mum was Mary Criddle and he did live down Brunswick St for a few years but mainly cowbridge rd west in Ely
    I think Mary Criddle was my father's sister. did Brusnwick St used to run along the side of the railway line?

International

I think Mary Criddle was my father's sister. did Brusnwick St used to run along the side of the railway line?
    Checking google earth maybe not, but when I was a small boy my parents used to visit Mary in that street next to the railway, (Which appears to no longer exist lol)
    It is such an uncommon name and you knowing the name Mary, I just wondered.