+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Brexit quetion (and probably last)

Re: My first Brexit quetion (and probably last)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Well I don't mind, if you don't mind
    But you're a happily married woman............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .aren't you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    But you're a happily married woman............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .aren't you?
    I think we are talking about two different things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think we are talking about two different things now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You dont need a trade deal to export / import with other countries.
    Outside the EU, the UK would need to strike new deals in order to have free trade with those countries or the remaining EU members

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...british-trade/

My understanding is the leave campaign, should they succeed, won't want to start negotiation immediately. When negotiation starts it can last up to two years and may last longer.

It's unlikely that this uncertainty will do anything positive for the economy; the leave campaign rightfully point out that we won't be like Canada (or any other existing model) but are unable to say where they may compromise in negotiation; there is little guarantee that the EU backing of Welsh projects will continue in the same vein (the coalition spent on areas where they could gain or lose votes prior to the last election but Tories are still consistently second or third best here); the opening up of democracy that this could have lead to won't happen - where was Boris, Farage and Gove when we could have changed the way we voted? Have they criticised cutting short money? Did they speak out against dead-cat policy? The only way the UK is the strongest in teh world is our levels of soft-power but leaving such a recognised group may weaken us in that department.

It's not a a referendum we needed at this time (what we needed was some serious debate and focus on the underlying frustration) as we haven't really tried to reform the EU and thus leaving would see us depart from the party before trying to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My understanding is the leave campaign, should they succeed, won't want to start negotiation immediately. When negotiation starts it can last up to two years and may last longer.

It's unlikely that this uncertainty will do anything positive for the economy; the leave campaign rightfully point out that we won't be like Canada (or any other existing model) but are unable to say where they may compromise in negotiation; there is little guarantee that the EU backing of Welsh projects will continue in the same vein (the coalition spent on areas where they could gain or lose votes prior to the last election but Tories are still consistently second or third best here); the opening up of democracy that this could have lead to won't happen - where was Boris, Farage and Gove when we could have changed the way we voted? Have they criticised cutting short money? Did they speak out against dead-cat policy? The only way the UK is the strongest in teh world is our levels of soft-power but leaving such a recognised group may weaken us in that department.

It's not a a referendum we needed at this time (what we needed was some serious debate and focus on the underlying frustration) as we haven't really tried to reform the EU and thus leaving would see us depart from the party before trying to engage.
    Be very clear that "the leave campaign" wont be startin negotiation at all! They will simoly disperse! Not in the first few days of course, but I see chaos reigning and no good news for the stock market and forex markets. Whatever iur political pursuasions, this will have a negative effect on everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Be very clear that "the leave campaign" wont be startin negotiation at all! They will simoly disperse! Not in the first few days of course, but I see chaos reigning and no good news for the stock market and forex markets. Whatever iur political pursuasions, this will have a negative effect on everyone!
    It's what its all about really, those who already have, and worrying about what they have, the pretence about being concerned for the poor and migrants is just a load of bollox. EU funded jobs, & lifestyle, 2 cars, posh houses, foreign holidays, index linked pensions, that's what your voting for, don't ever pretend its for the less vulnerable in society, they will not be worried about Four X and the stock market, they will be worried if there any tins of beans in the food bank for them.

Our economy is inextricably linked to those markets though, if they suffer its a problem for the whole economy and the whole country.

How would Wales survive otherwise?

If you threaten to leave your Mrs and say you are off to speak with your mates about it - you then come back and tell her you have decided she is worthy of your presence etc - how do you think she will react ? - exactly.
    It's not really anything like that, is it?

Richyrich

What is needed regardless of the result is Reform and Change - and the one you wont get is Reform or Change.
    If you threaten to leave your Mrs and say you are off to speak with your mates about it - you then come back and tell her you have decided she is worthy of your presence etc - how do you think she will react ? - exactly.

Vote Remain - it's a green light for Juncker to do whatever he wants, just roll over and them them do you up the @rse economically and politically.

I do NOT want to be a benefit hand out citizen of Europe - which is what Wales is - I'd rather stand on my own 2 feet. Unless of course you are happy to live on EU benefit payments - in which stay weak and vote remain

Nearly 500 years of sole union with Westminster made us the poor man of Europe and you want to go back to that?

Westminster doesn't give a shit about Wales, never has, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    [/B]

Nearly 500 years of sole union with Westminster made us the poor man of Europe and you want to go back to that?

^^^

[/B]

Most of the money we get from Westminster just goes on the day to day stuff, like healthcare and social care.
    Important as that is it is never going to turn the fortunes of Wales around, just preserve the status quo. And whenever any of that money is spent it very quickly trickles out of Wales.

European spending seems to be on transformative infrastructure projects, the kind that can have a long term improvement on the economy . The kind that the uk government spends billions and billions on in London and the South east.
    Strip that away and wales will just be left to wither on the vine.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Most of the money we get from Westminster just goes on the day to day stuff, like healthcare and social care.
    Important as that is it is never going to turn the fortunes of Wales around, just preserve the status quo. And whenever any of that money is spent it very quickly trickles out of Wales.

European spending seems to be on transformative infrastructure projects, the kind that can have a long term improvement on the economy . The kind that the uk government spends billions and billions on in London and the South east.
    Strip that away and wales will just be left to wither on the vine.
    Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Blue View Post
    I suspect that if we get a Brexit vote, the EU will panic and start some proper negotiations which would lead to a 2nd Referendum.
    Yes even the loon Boris has spoken of this

Hear, hear.
    4 billion so far isn't it,imagine any UK government infesting that much into wales,never mind a right wing, who will sweep away workers rights ?