+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Immigration

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Cleaning tables he may not reach the tax threshold.
    He'll be paying NI at the very least. That goes towards your pension and healthcare. He'll be paying council tax. That pays for your schools and policing. He may not have any kids, he may never get ill, he may move back home before he becomes a pensioner. He may never draw on any handout from the Government.

He'll be buying things, and paying VAT on that. He'll be using local services, thereby generating revenue for the supermarket, bookie, and pub in your town. Those places then employ people.
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 23-06-16 at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Of course there is a mechanism for deportation.

Is it satisfactory for most people? Probably not. Does one exist? Yes.

Who was calling someone a shameless liar...?
    There is no mechanism for deporting non-criminal EU citizens from the UK. There is no legal basis for doing so and it does not happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    There is no mechanism for deporting non-criminal EU citizens from the UK. There is no legal basis for doing so and it does not happen. Ever.
    Why would you want to deport a non-criminal person from the UK?

Changing your argument here, aren't you?

There is NOTHING to stop anyone time the EU from living here for as long as they want. No mechanism for deportation - NOTHING. They may have their income and benefits restricted but practically speaking, as long as they say that they are working, looking for work, retired, starting a business or living with a family member, nothing can be done to make them leave.

Do you understand Lardy? All EU nationals can, practically speaking, stay here for as long as they want.
    How long can you live somewhere without benefits or a job? If they aren't taking your job or claiming benefits why are you knickers in such a twist about having them thrown out?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How long can you live somewhere without benefits or a job? If they aren't taking your job or claiming benefits why are you knickers in such a twist about having them thrown out?
    I haven't got my knickers in a twist. I was merely responding to an outright lie. Maybe they're drug-dealers, or builders, or prostitutes, or beggars, or roofers, or cladders, or buskers, or squatters, or cleaners, or restaurant staff.

You know, people who work cash in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Changing your argument here, aren't you?
    No. Of course criminals can be deported. I'd have thought that was self-evident.

Seems to me like people want to take more and give less.

thank god if they dress like that