+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its a pity 16 year olds cannot vote in this one .

Its a pity 16 year olds cannot vote in this one .

Been listening to youngsters views, and their difference of approach to the modern world which is a stark difference to the views to of the older older voters , its a pity they cannot vote on their immediate future , the government needs to look at itself on this one, as a missed opportunity .

Re: Its a pity 16 year olds cannot vote in this one .

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Been listening to youngsters views, and their difference of approach to the modern world which is a stark difference to the views to of the older older voters , its a pity they cannot vote on their immediate future , the government needs to look at itself on this one, as a missed opportunity .
    Or maybe they didn't want them to vote

This may be a bit controversial, but I personally wouldn't allow anyone over a certain age to vote, on the basis that they won't be around to have to deal with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This may be a bit controversial, but I personally wouldn't allow anyone over a certain age to vote, on the basis that they won't be around to have to deal with the outcome.
    What, like people who have fought in wars for their country? You suggest that they should be denied a vote in the referendum?

It's not controversial at all, it is a logically correct argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    What, like people who have fought in wars for their country? You suggest that they should be denied a vote in the referendum?
    What a complete simpleton you are.

great idea, lets leave our futures to the 18 yr olds bound to end well

It's no different to not allowing 16-year old people to vote. Many people who vote in the referendum will be dead when the real effects of the referendum kick-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a complete simpleton you are.
    Can you just ignore me please rather than constantly dripping your abuse on everything I post.

It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    My daughter is 24, I wouldn't let her vote either.

Can you just ignore me please rather than constantly dripping your abuse on everything I post.

It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    You asked for abuse by resorting to the lowest common denominator of an argument every time. It's like trying to have a discussion with the personification of the sun news paper.

You try and have an air of superiority on here but you are certainly one of the thickest on here.

I won't ignore you I enjoy the discussion, you are more than welcome to ignore me though pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    interesting to discover what age th63 thinks is the cut off, lets ask him on Facebook, hold up

Can't be any worse than the state the baby boomers have left this country in for the young people today.

You asked for abuse by resorting to the lowest common denominator of an argument every time. It's like trying to have a discussion with the personification of the sun news paper.

You try and have an air of superiority on here but you are certainly one of the thickest on here.

I won't ignore you I enjoy the discussion, you are more than welcome to ignore me though pal.
    Well if you have the inability to ignore me then at least have the decency not to throw abuse around overtime I post an opinion on here.

Thank you.

In normal circumstances no, but in a general election you only have to live with the outcome of your vote for 4 years.

In this bad boy, it's an outcome that most of us will have to live with for the rest of our lives, in the case of someone who fought in WW2 and at least 90 years of age, it isn't a mistake they'd have to live with for that long.

I appreciate that sounds very callous, but it's true.

Personally, I would go further, and limit democracy in this case to anyone without a basic level of intelligence.

I'm thinking of Chris here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Thinly veiled "My daughter is voting In"...

interesting to discover what age th63 thinks is the cut off, lets ask him on Facebook, hold up
    How old is Mrs Steve R???

I'm not gonna risk taking that bullet on here!

Seriously though, I have relatives approaching 90, with strong Brexit views, which is fair enough, except by the time the dust settles on this referendum in a few years time, chances are they're not going to be here.

Seriously though, I have relatives approaching 90, with strong Brexit views, which is fair enough, except by the time the dust settles on this referendum in a few years time, chances are they're not going to be here.
    none of us might be here in a few years though, who knows the future,

Well if you have the inability to ignore me then at least have the decency not to throw abuse around overtime I post an opinion on here.

Thank you.
    Get it a rest you spunk filled eclair

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's no different to not allowing 16-year old people to vote. Many people who vote in the referendum will be dead when the real effects of the referendum kick-in.
    The irony is of course, that many people who did fight in WW2 were actually 16 at the time.

In normal circumstances no, but in a general election you only have to live with the outcome of your vote for 4 years.

In this bad boy, it's an outcome that most of us will have to live with for the rest of our lives, in the case of someone who fought in WW2 and at least 90 years of age, it isn't a mistake they'd have to live with for that long.

I appreciate that sounds very callous, but it's true.

Personally, I would go further, and limit democracy in this case to anyone without a basic level of intelligence.

I'm thinking of Chris here.
    Thickos and old people melted down for glue?
    You could have something there.

What if they were "remain" old people?

The irony is of course, that many people who did fight in WW2 were actually 16 at the time.
    True, and they were fighting for their own futures, which depended on the outcome of the war.

none of us might be here in a few years though, who knows the future,
    Good point.
    A health check and a letter from both parents saying you WILL live for the next 40 years before your vote counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    True, and they were fighting for their own futures, which depended on the outcome of the war.
    So they have had their moment in the sun, no more votes for them.

Blog Entries

Don't start him off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Thinly veiled "My daughter is voting In"...
    she was still undecided yesterday, either way she has no idea what she is voting for.

Mid 40's, I forget

Get it a rest you spunk filled eclair
    I'm never going to look at an eclair in the same way ever again.