+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The richer the clubs in the premier league get....

The richer the clubs in the premier league get....

The worse England get.......the last 4 big qualifiers have they done anything apart from come home humiliated??

Re: The richer the clubs in the premier league get....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The worse England get.......the last 4 big qualifiers have they done anything apart from come home humiliated??
    The richer Premier League clubs are the ones buying in foreign players which does nothing to help improve the quality of the England team, the reverse in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The richer Premier League clubs are the ones buying in foreign players which does nothing to help improve the quality of the England team, the reverse in fact.
    It might if they learned from each other, or bonded as teams. Do they?

I suspect (can only guess) that many/most Premier League teams consist of a bunch of overpaid individuals spending as much time with their headphones on or poring over Social Media etc as possible, whilst sharing relatively little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm not sure I buy into this. If English players are good enough they play for the top teams in the best competitions. One of the reasons clubs buy foreigners is because there aren't enough good English players out there. I think the top clubs could do more to nurture and train British talent, but with financial pressures on winning Premier Leagues, European competition, there's a need-to-do-it-now culture. Other European countries have similar issues but they continually do better in major tournaments.