+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did anyone actually change their voting opinion during the campaign ?

Did anyone actually change their voting opinion during the campaign ?

I cannot imagine that, throughout what has been a very poor campaign by both sides, that anyone would have been persuaded from their original thinking.

Re: Did anyone actually change their voting opinion during the campaign ?

Several times. Changed my mind at the actual polling station.

Nope it reinforced my opinion although I totally agree it has been a shocking campaign from both sides.

No.

I was 75-25 Leave as it all started.

I became annoyed more than anything by the "the economy will explode and we'll all die and WW3 will start and our houses will all be worth 26p & a bag of Quavers" announcements from Cameron, Osborne et al (I previously liked Dave & Gideon)

100% out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    No.

I was 75-25 Leave as it all started.

I became annoyed more than anything by the "the economy will explode and we'll all die and WW3 will start and our houses will all be worth 26p & a bag of Quavers" announcements from Cameron, Osborne et al (I previously liked Dave & Gideon)

100% out now.
    I was for leave until I heard about the Quavers.

100% in now.

Me, I decided not to vote

I changed daily since the referendum was announced and thought I had it sussed yesterday before speaking to two Swedish customers who were willing us to leave so they could force a referendum and leave themselves?! I thought they'd be uber liberal pro EU folk, but they say that their Government taking on 1M refugees in a single year, against a population of just 9M has changed their culture very quickly over there.

Discussing the same with my better half though, and she rightfully pointed out that in / out would have no effect on non EU immigration so not sure what they can do about that.

My overall feeling though was one of keeping Wales' best interests at heart, and for me, Wales gets far more respect from Brussels than we do from Westminster and so I voted 'In'. I'd rather Wales was a very European country than a subservient British one.

I think lots of people will have gone from undecided to one way or the other.

Or, more likely, from "there are good arguments (not always expressed in the debates) for each side" to "I'm edging this way", and probably with a lot of "I'm still not completely sure" left in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I changed daily since the referendum was announced and thought I had it sussed yesterday before speaking to two Swedish customers who were willing us to leave so they could force a referendum and leave themselves?! I thought they'd be uber liberal pro EU folk, but they say that their Government taking on 1M refugees in a single year, against a population of just 9M has changed their culture very quickly over there.

Discussing the same with my better half though, and she rightfully pointed out that in / out would have no effect on non EU immigration so not sure what they can do about that.

My overall feeling though was one of keeping Wales' best interests at heart, and for me, Wales gets far more respect from Brussels than we do from Westminster and so I voted 'In'. I'd rather Wales was a very European country than a subservient British one.
    With a name like Arfur Europe you had to be a Remainer

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    With a name like Arfur Europe you had to be a Remainer
    That's just a reference to "who stuck the ball in the english net?"

That's just a reference to "who stuck the ball in the english net?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    An old chant from down the City when I first started going down which I would love to see reinstated!

Back to the OP - I have to say though, I think we'll be ok as a country with either result over time, which added to the brain bending properties of the situation.

That and the fact that we were largely voting for two groups of politicians who I largely despise.

That and the fact that we were largely voting for two groups of politicians who I largely despise.
    Certainly agreed on that.

My last job was for a Dutch-based multinational in Cardiff. When the board of directors came over, they told us that if the Netherlands 'had a vote today' (that was in October last year), they'd be very close to 50-50.

I imagine that if they had a vote today, they'd be over 60% Leave...following the EU ignoring their Referendum on Ukraine's visa-free travel and going ahead with it anyway.

Greece, Italy, and a couple more states could vote to leave if given the choice.

Brussels (and Berlin) are struggling to keep this project afloat (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Several times. Changed my mind at the actual polling station.
    Are you sure it was the actual polling station and not some other one which somebody had, like, called a Polling Station then just changed their mind and stuff at the last minute?