Banned

The pound has crashed

Breaking news.
    Lowest level since 1985

Re: The pound has crashed

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Breaking news.
    Lowest level since 1985
    That's against the dollar, I'm amazed that the money dealers all got their fingers burnt as the £ went over the 1.50 dollar mark before the results started coming in.Im even more amazed tha the bookies all got it so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    That's against the dollar, I'm amazed that the money dealers all got their fingers burnt as the £ went over the 1.50 dollar mark before the results started coming in.Im even more amazed tha the bookies all got it so wrong
    The single mist surprising thing about the the whole referendum for me - instinctively, I believed we were a country ready to vote leave right from the start of the campaign, but all along I was also thinking that the bookies never get things like this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The single mist surprising thing about the the whole referendum for me - instinctively, I believed we were a country ready to vote leave right from the start of the campaign, but all along I was also thinking that the bookies never get things like this wrong.
    Is that you, Officer Crabtree?

My trip to Prague next week will cost a bit more however, the vote has demonstrated, there is a massive divide in the UK between the haves and the have nots, the so called injection of EU cash has not been getting to the have nots, and they have made their feelings known at the ballot box, it's going to be a very bumpy ride ahead, the public has shown, when and if required, change is possible (I never for one minute thought the UK would be allowed to leave). The Tories & Labour particularly had better note this this going forward. The Labour vote in the north of England has been decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Breaking news.
    Lowest level since 1985
    When it goes like this, interest rates have to rise to sustain the currency.

Stocks down 8% - that's your pension.

Interesting times - let's hope that Gove Johnson and Farage have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    My trip to Prague next week will cost a bit more however, the vote has demonstrated, there is a massive divide in the UK between the haves and the have nots, the so called injection of EU cash has not been getting to the have nots, and they have made their feelings known at the ballot box, it's going to be a very bumpy ride ahead, the public has shown, when and if required, change is possible (I never for one minute thought the UK would be allowed to leave). The Tories & Labour particularly had better note this this going forward. The Labour vote in the north of England has been decimated.
    It certainly has, and we may see just how badly because I think there will be another General Election soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It certainly has, and we may see just how badly because I think there will be another General Election soon.
    I think this is inevitable now

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I think this is inevitable now
    Didn't the condems fix five-year terms in 2010?

Good.... lets get the interest rates up now and get the country back on track.

My finger is so far off the pulse of the British public when it comes to elections and referendums that I wouldn't be surprised if our next PM turned out to be Neil Hamilton with Basil Brush as deputy.

Yes but it is not down to the EU that money has not been filtering own

As for the bookies they were rabbits trapped in headlights. Even at 2am when it was glaringly obvious Leave were going to win they still had Remain as favourites. They were clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    My finger is so far off the pulse of the British public when it comes to elections and referendums that I wouldn't be surprised if our next PM turned out to be Neil Hamilton with Basil Brush as deputy.
    Yep. I feel the same disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Hahahaha haha... boom boom!

This is no laughing matter mind!

We all got fed up of the hype and news domination of the in/out.... it's now about to go off the scale!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

What was the odds for Brexit when they were at the best early last night?

I'm curious how much some people may have made from it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Think I saw 9/2.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

I would guess that the £ will level out over the next week or so, no surprise that greedy traders have been profiteering over this.

Dont worry within 48 hrs the £ will start gaining again.

I went to bed at 2am, while watching the results

the dogs woke me up at 6.30am, TV straight on, saw the leave vote had won

rushed downstairs to get the PC on, purchased my Disney tickets at yesterdays price ( at a rate of 1.49 ) as they hadnt updated the prices on the site yet result ( of course over time it could get above 1.49, but who knows )

That's nit the only thing that will cost more. Anything that is imported here (which is everything) fuel especially is already sky rocketing

is my beer going to be dearer in paris tomorrow .taking a slab of darkfruits just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    is my beer going to be dearer in paris tomorrow .taking a slab of darkfruits just in case.
    good man, were you a boy scout ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    good man, were you a boy scout ? ? ?
    nope,

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    nope,
    good planning never the less though

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Agree with all of that.

Cameron should never have called the referendum in the first place, he only did it as he wanted to keep the euro sceptics at bay - and thought that he would never win outright - the lib dem coalition again - and they would veto the referendum.

Funny how things work out though.

I went to bed thinking Remain to win it by a couple of %.

There will be a call now for a Welsh, Scottish and N Ireland independence referendum.

Jones and Wood totally ineffective as it stands - as they have no power anyway.
    Wales voted to leave though.