+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cheers thickies

Re: Cheers thickies

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My 17:year old son stayed up all night in the vain hope that Remain would win. He wants to be able to work in Europe. His chances of doing so have been greatly reduced. He was desperate to vote and could not do so because Cameron was so stupid and denied our youth the chance to vote for their futures.

We have become a narrow minded and ugly country. However in time those that voted out will realise that their lives will not have improved one jot by voting out. Their lot in life is down to Westminster politicians and not the EU but they are too stupid to realise that.

I feel very angry for my kids.
    Have you seen the levels of the young unemployed in Europe?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 24-06-16 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    First whoosh we've had in a quite a while.
    classic for our Russ

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's settling down a bit too quickly for my liking

Are you talking about Phillip Greed, thousands of genuine peoples pensions have bought him a new yacht, and Cameron let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    the snowball has left the mountain
    I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole thing collapse now.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole thing collapse now.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Britain holding the whole thing back and now the EU surges into the future with success and happiness for all within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Britain holding the whole thing back and now the EU surges into the future with success and happiness for all within it.
    Quite a few other countries have already talked of referendums, it'll be interesting to see how long they can hold off for now. Germany and France will only fund the project for so long I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    You've just screwed up the future of 'arehave to ' country.
    I expect that Richard Branson and the rest of the mega rich clique who spoke out in favour of remain, will now be campaigning for the countries they reside in, Monaco, The Cayman Islands ETC, to join the EU. They'll still won't have to wait two weeks to get a doctors appointment or find that can't get their kids into the school of their choice.

#Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    obviously makes you feel good being part of the 48% non thickos , knock yourself out
    So do you think the lives of the white working class in South Wales and the North East are going to be improved by this decision? Do you think more money will now be made available for the NHS as a result of this decision? Do you think part of the reason we have voted out is because immigrants have been made scapegoats? What is the real reason for the mess our country is in? Is it the EU or our politicians in Westminster?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Another way of looking at is, 52% who were left behind, have decided that they would have also liked to have benefited in the EU but were ignored, and have spoken, uncertain times ahead that's for sure, perhaps Britain should be ashamed at how an underclass was allowed propagate whilst many were getting richer and the distribution of wealth getting wider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Spot on.

This vote is all about people's anger at feeling unrepresented by the political elite.
    A lot of truth in that.

The referendum was called to resolve the civil war in the Tory party. The result was another reflection of mass alienation from the political process and real or perceived elites in Westminster and Brussels.

Project Hate beats Project Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A lot of truth in that.

The referendum was called to resolve the civil war in the Tory party. The result was another reflection of mass alienation from the political process and real or perceived elites in Westminster and Brussels.

Project Hate beats Project Fear.
    Civil war with the population as well it would appear.

I've just rung the local A & E department to be told that there is currently a four hour wait. Not like it was in the adverts - it was all lies!

The notion that the nearly 17,500,000 million who voted to leave are all "thickies" is ridiculous. However, the final figures show that the referendum was decided by how 700,000 (4% of the total leave votes) voted - if they had sided with remain, we'd be looking at a different result.
    Now, if you were to tell me that 4% of leave voters were driven almost entirely by the immigration issue and that they were, basically, little Englanders who wanted to "ship them back" so that "our" jobs could be protected (i.e they were, essentially, racists), then I'd probably believe you.
    It makes me feel uneasy that such people might have played an essential part in the outcome of the monumental matter we voted on yesterday. Similarly, nowhere near all of the political figures most associated with the leave campaign could be said to hold such views, but at least one of them could in my book and the thought of him being involved in even the slightest way in the negotiations to come is a frightening one.
    Speaking as someone who thought the remain side's bulletins on the truly awful consequences of a leave vote did them more than good, I'm not convinced that we'll see too much difference from the consequences of a Britain out of the EU compared to those with us in it. However, I'll qualify that by saying that those charged with negotiating our way out will have to show far more common sense, sound judgment and leadership skills than we saw from either side in the referendum campaign - they'll have an enormous responsibility and I dread to think what the youngsters of today will be left with if, as they may well do, they make a balls up of the negotiations.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 24-06-16 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah.

Britain has become a nation full of stupid racists.

I for one am ashamed to be British.

you could always go and move to Europe, plenty of countries would have you

At £1 : $1.30 good luck with Disneyworld next year

from my point of view, I have been buying $ at 1.38 - 1.49 over the last few months, lets be honest, the $ has been crap for months

yes the £ has dropped, but we knew it would, no surpirses, it will be moving in the right direction before long

So, now you've got your own way, what's the plan to replace the £150bn wiped from British companies?
    How do you propose to replace all the money taken away from pension pots?
    What's your plan to save the value of the pound?
    My own way ? ? ? I didnt make the final decision, 17,410,742 voted to leave, i cannot take all the credit I wanted more control over our borders, I wanted to take control of our rule / law making and not let unelected ( by us ) Europeans do that

I will leave that upto the experts, nothing has changed, i had to leave the running of the country upto them yesterday, nothing has changed in that aspect, I will go about my everyday life ( van in the a MOT today ) just as i did yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Will be a few more soon

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Civil war with the population as well it would appear.
    It's like Rwanda all over again.

Take care out there people.

Leave voter on BBC: "I'm shocked & worried. I voted Leave but didn't think my vote would count - I never thought it would actually happen."

Did these people think it was Celebrity big brother or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Leave voter on BBC: "I'm shocked & worried. I voted Leave but didn't think my vote would count - I never thought it would actually happen."

Of course people are worried

we face uncertain times, but we knew that before we voted

though saying that, we faced uncertain times if we had stayed

maybe better the devil you know wasnt true in this case

no wonder we're in such a mess when people like that are about

Feckin hell

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

It is very high , but has steadily been falling over the last year or so. The figures are skewed by the extremely high young unemployment figures in Greece and Spain - other countries have far healthier figures.

Look on the bright side fags and booze cruise will be back on

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    'are' country - it's 'our' country 'are' country but I guess you know that by now

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    'are' country - it's 'our' country 'are' country but I guess you know that by now
    That's already been whooshed, fella.

It's a pleasure