+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cheers thickies

Re: Cheers thickies

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Congratulations to Rupert Murdoch, Prime Minister of the U.K. once again - and no longer answerable to the EU.
    And yet many who voted leave have said they voted against the "establishment" .

Don't mention it bigot.

There's an article on the bbc website about France no longer wanting UK border agency workers to be able to carry out immigration checks in Calais.

Interesting quote below that may worry those that voted to 'take back control of our borders'

"The French authorities had warned before the referendum that a vote for leaving the EU could see a camp with thousands of migrants being moved from Calais to British soil.
    The British authorities have made no public comments on the issue."

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    There's an article on the bbc website about France no longer wanting UK border agency workers to be able to carry out immigration checks in Calais.

Interesting quote below that may worry those that voted to 'take back control of our borders'

"The French authorities had warned before the referendum that a vote for leaving the EU could see a camp with thousands of migrants being moved from Calais to British soil.
    Bit worrying that the next 2 years could be the worst ever for immigration if the goodwill from the rest of Europe has gone.

There will be huge numbers out there who want to come to the UK, but are being held back on the continent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626553

Can't argue with that.

Banned

Whose sock puppet are you?

Apparently that is just scaremongering.

I was just thinking about when John Major was asked quite early in his time as Prime Minister what his hopes for the country were. His reply was that he wanted to create a nation that was "at ease with itself" - after Thursday's vote, has there ever been a time in peace where the United Kingdom has been so ill at ease with itself?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was just thinking about when John Major was asked quite early in his time as Prime Minister what his hopes for the country were. His reply was that he wanted to create a nation that was "at ease with itself" - after Thursday's vote, has there ever been a time in peace where the United Kingdom has been so ill at ease with itself?
    I think you've nailed the issue at hand. I have a sense there are a large number of Remain supporters who feel completely cheated and that nobody is expressing their frustration. Everyone keeps mentioning "healing" but I can't see how that's going to happen over such a fundamental schism. I also feel that when the Leave supporters actually realize what the post-Brexit world is like in reality they are going to be cheated too.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Laughable. Given the choice would you live in the US or UK under your own stated criteria of being "hugely talented and resourceful"? Yeah right that would be the US. But that's not why I live in the US. Please tell me about all the talent and resourcefulness I'm missing.

You voted for Leave. It's pure delusional arrogance to expect anyone to follow you. It's completely apparent that a lot of Leave supporters just plain don't like foreigners. Put up some barbed wire chum and enjoy Jerusalem built anew.
    You're easily amused. As it happens I lived in the US for most of the 1970s. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and have lots of friends there that I visit and correspond with. I also have an American wife here in London. But in 1980 I gave back my green card and came home because Britain is the most civilised, humourous, cultured, pleasant, fair minded and compassionate country in the world. I also missed the sport, milk deliveries and Typhoo tea! I also have nothing against foreigners.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    You're easily amused. As it happens I lived in the US for most of the 1970s. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and have lots of friends there that I visit and correspond with. I also have an American wife here in London. But in 1980 I gave back my green card and came home because Britain is the most civilised, humourous, cultured, pleasant, fair minded and compassionate country in the world. I also missed the sport, milk deliveries and Typhoo tea! I also have nothing against foreigners.
    Your challenge was being "hugely talented and resourceful". You're switching arguments now.

Your challenge was being "hugely talented and resourceful". You're switching arguments now.
    Are you doubting that Great Britain is not "hugely talented and resourceful"? I didn't even respond to that point as I would have thought it was a given. The country that's given the world everything from penicillin to football? - no link there, by the way!

First Team

Are you doubting that Great Britain is not "hugely talented and resourceful"? I didn't even respond to that point as I would have thought it was a given. The country that's given the world everything from penicillin to football? - no link there, by the way!
    Yes, it's not a given. You used the present tense not the past.

Yes, it's not a given. You used the present tense not the past.
    Well if you don't have that much respect for British talent, resourcefulness and our many other attributes, I'd stay in Arizona. You're better off. Long way away from the Bluebirds though!

I think you've nailed the issue at hand. I have a sense there are a large number of Remain supporters who feel completely cheated and that nobody is expressing their frustration.
    How were they cheated ? ? ? everyone ( over 18 ) could vote, Leave won, fair and square, we are never going to get a 60% lead based on a turnout less than 75%, it was that close, so what do we do have a referendum every 12 months and stay in, Aye that will work

you think nobody are expressing their frustration, are you serious ? ? ? look at this message board, its full of remain'er whining about the vote

Just read on FB that another petition has been started for the mayor of london to announce they want to leave the UK and become independent and stay in the EU , 'Londependence' they are calling it I wasnt sure it was a joke or not, but reading a little further they appear to be serious

waiting for Gibraltar to want to leave the UK and join the EU aswell,

just reading the petition site

Article 49 of the Lisbon Treaty deals with the procedure for any countries wanting to join the EU, whether they have previously been members or not.

It says that if a European state is committed to promoting the values of “human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights” then it may apply to become a member of the Union.

a reply from Grumpy Bloke says " That blows the UK out of the water. No democracy....have a referendum, don't like the outcome, call for another referendum. "

made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Could happen. Many people who live in Gibraltar commute to Spain for work.

So Scotland, a united Ireland, Cornwall, London, Cardiff and Gibraltar to stay in the EU? With the Euro as currency and free movement?

All the rest to leave with a new capital in Chipping Sodbury where the UKIP/Tory permanent coalition will reintroduce £sd, fox hunting and prison hulks for illegal 'foreigners'.

I think I saw that on Syfy.

First Team

How were they cheated ? ? ? everyone ( over 18 ) could vote, Leave won, fair and square, we are never going to get a 60% lead based on a turnout less than 75%, it was that close, so what do we do have a referendum every 12 months and stay in, Aye that will work

you think nobody are expressing their frustration, are you serious ? ? ? look at this message board, its full of remain'er whining about the vote

Just read on FB that another petition has been started for the mayor of london to announce they want to leave the UK and become independent and stay in the EU , 'Londependence' they are calling it I wasnt sure it was a joke or not, but reading a little further they appear to be serious

Mr Mouse,

"Cheated" in the sense they thought they were going to get increased funding for the NHS (Farage), reduced levels of immigration (Hannan) and more sovereignty (House of Lords).

First Team

Well if you don't have that much respect for British talent, resourcefulness and our many other attributes, I'd stay in Arizona. You're better off. Long way away from the Bluebirds though!
    I never said I didn't have any respect for any country's talent or resourcefulness. Your point originally was you live in the UK because it presently has more. My argument with you is it patently does not. I'm still waiting for you to back up your statements with actual facts rather than side-stepping it.

First Team

I was unclear. I meant no political grouping/politician is expressing the frustration.

Mr Mouse,

"Cheated" in the sense they thought they were going to get increased funding for the NHS (Farage), reduced levels of immigration (Hannan) and more sovereignty (House of Lords).
    surely that would have been the " leave " voters ? ?

you seem to be confused

I have a sense there are a large number of Remain supporters who feel completely cheated

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    the snowball has left the mountain

That is irrelevant.
    Within weeks the uk needs to sign trade deals. The decisions that those countries might make are years away.

I never said I didn't have any respect for any country's talent or resourcefulness. Your point originally was you live in the UK because it presently has more. My argument with you is it patently does not. I'm still waiting for you to back up your statements with actual facts rather than side-stepping it.
    What facts are appropriate to this argument? Surely it's my preference. Having lived in the States I prefer the UK. I prefer the lifestyle, the fact that the police aren't armed (generally), that guns are not part of everyday culture as they are in many parts of the States, and in general that the UK is a more caring society. So for me it has more. Been there, done it, prefer here. It's subjective. Why do you state that 'it patently does not' in relation to the UK, when comparing the US to the UK? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Congratulations to Rupert Murdoch, Prime Minister of the U.K. once again - and no longer answerable to the EU.
    I know. He' s a ****.