+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Re: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    "Our kids will be safe from immigration" - sorry, safe from what exactly???

A country of xenophobic twats to be led by a bunch of racists, voted in by default. This country (WALES) should be absolutely ashamed.
    Bing bong Europe has gone 😃😃👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    People never learn that this type of post convinces the maybes that are not racist, not xenophobic to vote leave. Seen so many dull posts from people recently. You are just making it worse, you are convincing people to leave.
    I haven't convinced anyone to leave, it's already happened without me saying a peep

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?

The op was talking about austerity here in the UK, and saying we are better off with europe. The same EU who actually punished several nations with extremely harsh austerity. The EU has made their situation worse. But the OP seems to think we would have had less austerity if we were further integrated into europe. Whereas its clear we would have faced harsher austerity forced upon us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Yes you are

Your the worst type of racist and thats someone who says they're not racist but in reality they are just not man enough to say it out loud
    I have found myself having to explain that I am not racist plenty of times since this all started, would you say the same about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I have found myself having to explain that I am not racist plenty of times since this all started, would you say the same about me?

No not at all, I would have said if I thought that. Actually I think you and Mrs r are down to earth people.

You are 100% not a racist and it is totally wrong for another poster to suggest you are.

Yes you are

Your the worst type of racist and thats someone who says they're not racist but in reality they are just not man enough to say it out loud
    ok then.because I don't go along with your views ,are you Leanne wood in disguise.

Blue in the Face

Hey Mrs. We know you are not racist.

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty (which was your motivation).
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 24-06-16 at 11:06.

It is naïve to play the race card.

Immigration was just one issue and let's be honest here, the Remain camp just did not spell it out sufficiently for the electorate.

It was also about the economy, hence the massive remain vote in the cities and affluent areas, and also about the way the EU bureaucrats constantly ignored UK's demands for change and imposed their majority collective will upon people who did not vote for such rules and regulations.

In that respect the EU have only themselves to blame bemoaning the loss of the UK.

People say that there should not have been a referendum but the democratic system voted in a tory government on the premise there would be one, so now it has happened, it has happened. Democracy has ruled which is one major reason why this country is called Great. Britain.

It's been done, no crying over split milk or gloating is called for.

Some here will be worse off (I certainly will but so be it) and others will feel there a better future for themselves.

Today is a day to celebrate democracy whichever side of the face you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty.
    some of us simply voted for Democracy.

Read this earlier. Sums up what has been going on:

Many of the leavers already felt marginalised, ignored and hated. The contempt – and sometimes snobbery – now being shown about leavers on social media was already felt by these communities, and contributed to this verdict.

Blog Entries

No not at all, I would have said if I thought that. Actually I think you and Mrs r are down to earth people.
    Well thank goodness for that, one down 17 million to go

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You are 100% not a racist and it is totally wrong for another poster to suggest you are.
    Nobody has said it to me but comments about half of the country being evil racists does not fill me with hope for the future tbh.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    some of us simply voted for Democracy.
    I don't doubt that you and many others did.

Now can you turn your attention to push for an actual democracy in this country...

http://www.unlockdemocracy.org/

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty (which was your motivation).
    The fact remains, If you voted for control of our own immigration policies you are still not a racist, immigration has nothing to do with Race, If we had loads of un-skilled french coming over here, that would have been a reason to vote for more control on our borders

Many of the leavers already felt marginalised, ignored and hated. The contempt – and sometimes snobbery – now being shown about leavers on social media was already felt by these communities, and contributed to this verdict.
    The aggrevation has been very much the other way. Anna Soubrey Tory MP was being shouted out as a traitor all because she was voting Remain.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The fact remains, If you voted for control of our own immigration policies you are still not a racist, immigration has nothing to do with Race, If we had loads of un-skilled french coming over here, that would have been a reason to vote for more control on our borders
    Immigration has nothing to do with race? It has every thing to do with race and tribalism and what nation state you have on your passport. You either believe in the idea behind the free movement of people or you don't. It seems that a big chunk of Brits don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post

People say that there should not have been a referendum but the democratic system voted in a tory government on the premise there would be one, so now it has happened, it has happened. Democracy has ruled which is one major reason why this country is called Great. Britain.
    Putting my pub bore hat on, that's not one of the reasons.

Zenith, do you actually know who is behind the EU, and who was behind Cameron? Do you know what the ultimate goal is? Do you know about the army of change management consultants who aim to take over every public body? The EU is not a social experiment that accidentally grew beyond itself. Everything that happens has been mapped out in minute detail.

Blog Entries

I don't doubt that you and many others did.

Now can you turn your attention to push for an actual democracy in this country...

http://www.unlockdemocracy.org/
    Indeed, the fact that we ended up with a government that more than half of the population didn't want shows things need to change, with everyone online these days I think there should be some sort of system set up where the public can vote on the smaller issues and bills being put through too, I don't think the public would have agreed to letting them sell off the land registry for example had they been told about it and were able to vote on it, people forget that the government is there to serve the public not the other way around, they get away with far too much imo.

I'm not one to care what people think normally but I have felt quite awkward at times over this tbh, I was looking forward to getting all these referendum arguments out of the way but it is clearly just the start of an era of more divide, we really must try and not let that happen for all of our sakes.

Indeed, the fact that we ended up with a government that more than half of the population didn't want shows things need to change, with everyone online these days I think there should be some sort of system set up where the public can vote on the smaller issues and bills being put through too, I don't think the public would have agreed to letting them sell off the land registry for example had they been told about it and were able to vote on it, people forget that the government is there to serve the public not the other way around, they get away with far too much imo.

I'm not one to care what people think normally but I have felt quite awkward at times over this tbh, I was looking forward to getting all these referendum arguments out of the way but it is clearly just the start of an era of more divide, we really must try and not let that happen for all of our sakes.
    Remember the Blue v Red arguments? This is going to run for quite a while yet I think.

At least when Vincent Tan came to his senses, he was able to reverse his decision.

N I voted in Scotland voted in London voted in Cardiff and Bristol voted in. Why? if its down to being better educated and informed on migration then someone fecked up somewhere !