+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farage backtracks on Brexit promise about NHS funding

Re: Farage backtracks on Brexit promise about NHS funding

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    A prominent member of the campaign lies. Why didn't someone out him right? Oh wait yeah because they want to win and don't care about the people they represent.
    Not just told a lie, painted it on the side of a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Boris will now inherit the prime ministers position.

Over the next 2 years he will not press the Article 50 red button, that will prepare the UK for the 2 year exit notification period. Over these 2 years he will talk to Europe and demand greater concessions and controls.

At that point there will be a second referendum, with (Boris and Gove) and all other parties putting their power behind it simply fighting against Farage, it will make Farage seem unreasonable because it will look like the EU are giving us everything that we want.

The public will then vote to stay in Europe.
    Nice thought except there is zero chance of UK being allowed to drag its heels on Article 50, in fact some of the big European players are already saying they want the Article to take effect asap. This is a done deal. i must say that as a Welshman living in Europe (Spain) I am flabbergasted. As I understand it, Wales is an area where our net income from EU is greater than we pay in but we vote to leave in huge numbers. I even heard one "Leave" voter proclaim today "well we had to do something to stop those Muslims coming here" , a plain example of a simple person not even understanding what they were voting for!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    There is a lot more legs in this story yet. Peter Mandelson is apparently behind the vote of no confidence in Corbyn for his abject performance on this (as he always was a Leaver).

I think my prediction stands - New Tory Leader (Ruth Davidson) new Labour Leader - either Chuka Uumuna / Watson or Johnson. A General Election on a manifesto of going straight back in - no referendum - with an EU that will radically change to enable all the concerns raised.

Without this happening - the EU is dead - France, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark to get a referendum. Or maybe a referendum for the whole union - the question being press on with greater integration , more members etc - or just stick at the 28 members - with individual restriction on movement only for employment or retirement.
    Reality check needed! The President of the EU has already stated very clearly that there will be NO RE-NEGOTIATION!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    A prominent member of the campaign lies. Why didn't someone out him right? Oh wait yeah because they want to win and don't care about the people they represent.
    Someone out him? Out whomever came up with that slogan as not being the Chancellor of the Exchequer? Out "let's spend all the EU fees on the NHS!" written on the side of a bus as not being official government policy?

I'm just saying that if you believed the NHS budget was going to be more than doubled because just some guy somewhere wrote it on a bus, you've 'ad a 'mare.

[QUOTE=Broken Machine;463979

I'm just saying that if you believed the NHS budget was going to be more than doubled because just some guy somewhere wrote it on a bus, you've 'ad a 'mare.[/QUOTE]
    Aint that the truth some gormless 2hats bought it and voted out because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    Someone out him? Out whomever came up with that slogan as not being the Chancellor of the Exchequer? Out "let's spend all the EU fees on the NHS!" written on the side of a bus as not being official government policy?

I'm just saying that if you believed the NHS budget was going to be more than doubled because just some guy somewhere wrote it on a bus, you've 'ad a 'mare.
    From the independant

"Ipsos MORI found that 47 per cent of the public believe that the claim, which has been repeatedly criticised by the UK Statistics Authority, is true.

Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centerpiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know."

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    From the independant

"Ipsos MORI found that 47 per cent of the public believe that the claim, which has been repeatedly criticised by the UK Statistics Authority, is true.

Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centerpiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know."
    Yesterday was indeed a day of many 'mares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Nice thought except there is zero chance of UK being allowed to drag its heels on Article 50, in fact some of the big European players are already saying they want the Article to take effect asap. This is a done deal. i must say that as a Welshman living in Europe (Spain) I am flabbergasted. As I understand it, Wales is an area where our net income from EU is greater than we pay in but we vote to leave in huge numbers. I even heard one "Leave" voter proclaim today "well we had to do something to stop those Muslims coming here" , a plain example of a simple person not even understanding what they were voting for!
    Exactly. This is a done deal. The country has voted to leave the EU so get on with it.