+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And so it continues...

Re: And so it continues...

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    People like soon-to-be-President Trump for instance?
    the thought makes me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Chuckle?

Scares the shit out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    In my opinion Corbyn is as responsible for the Brexit as any one person. At a time when he should have been banging on about Jobs and the Economy he appeared only to spout on about workers rights and the environment. The evidence of his personal non-performance is that Labour heartlands, including Wales, voted in huge numbers to leave DIRECTLY AGAINST Labiur policy.
    Actually you will find that the Labour party were more united on this issue than almost any other. Whilst I agree that Corbyn is a poor leader, to blame him for this is bonkers. If you want to blame any Labour person for this, try Blair. It was under his leadership that the Labour party lost it's links to it's heartlands, by taking them for granted.

Although, as TOBW said, the main culprit is Cameron for offering the referendum in the first place, which was held because of a division within the tory party.

For real!? He wins, I wouldn't be able to go to America...

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Not in a serious way, no

the guy is a loon, who i never thought would get as far as he has, its amazing really

The Labour voters were pretty united on this to be fair

The media will paint it as though its all Corbyn's fault though...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have thought the one person most responsible is the bloke who promised a referendum (to try and keep his own party in line) once he'd negotiated a new deal for Britain, got virtually nothing from those talks and then was left to face the music.
    Yep bottled it ,should have also allowed under 16's to vote , man had to stand down, if I was him I would have used the press conference today to directly attack Brussels with a simple "" told you we needed meaningful reforms at our discussion on a new deal for the UK ,welcome to the snowball effect "".

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Yep bottled it ,should have also allowed under 16's to vote , man had to stand down, if I was him I would have used the press conference today to directly attack Brussels with a simple "" told you we needed meaningful reforms at our discussion on a new deal for the UK ,welcome to the snowball effect "".
    They wouldnt be able to sign a ballot paper with their mobiles in their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    They wouldnt be able to sign a ballot paper with their mobiles in their hand.
    they would merely have to download an app. 99p . no subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    What happens then - can they do it without the Conference approving it - Labour in a shambles, especially if they cant get Corbyn out.
    I think if Labour gets its act together quickly , they could prosper from this . As it looks a right wing Conservative leadership may appear and go after its usual victims , the lowly paid , etc . If Labour fronts up to the fact immigration , is a key factor to its electorate ,including being tough with asylum seekers , as well as Europeans migrants , they could see a ground swell of votes come their way from UKIP .

However its a tough one for Corbyn , as he has already called for more asylum seekers to be let in , so best he move aside gracefully and let a young free thinker ,with no baggage , take over .

Time to be brave Labour .

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    What happens then - can they do it without the Conference approving it - Labour in a shambles, especially if they cant get Corbyn out.
    If (big if) there is a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn by the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) it will effectively be an opinion poll of 230 odd Labour MPs. There was some confusion last year about the respective roles of the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the annual conference - and in particular about the right of the NEC to call a special conference and about the process to be followed where MPs want to displace a sitting leader/deputy. However, I think this explains the process that any anti-Corbyn plotters will have to go with:

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/09/12...ving-a-leader/

This is covered by Chapter 4, Clause II, rule 2 B ii. This crucial rule states “Where there is no vacancy, nominations may be sought be potential challengers each year prior to the annual session of party conference. In this case nominations must be supported by 20% of the Commons members of the PLP”. Thus an annual challenge is possible. It must take place before Annual Conference....

I assume the NEC will lay out a timetable for MP nominations and member/supporter voting (one person one vote of individual members, registered supporters (the £3-10 supporters) and affiliated members (Labour levy payers via trade union) culminating in a result announced at conference.

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/blog...idelines_2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Vote for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Under 16s?!? My daughters 12 does she get a vote?!?!

Trump thinks the Scots voted Leave!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Under 16s?!? My daughters 12 does she get a vote?!?!
    Mine is 13, the whole school had a vote, each tutor group have a bit of a " facts powerpoint presentation "

her tutor gave the Remain and was fine, then as she clicked the leave, she pointed out it was all Lie's

Anyways, they were about to vote and the tutor came out with " how many have phone contracts ? " most of them did, the tutor then went on to say " a £ 30 a month contract if we leave will cost £ 50 a month, do you think your parents would pay that "

then they could vote

after the vote, a boy asked " Miss, which way are you going to vote " which my daughter laughed at and was asked by the tutor " which way do you thing i am going to vote ", Leave we her reply, Oh yes, you are right was the following reply, my daughter said she had never heard such a unbiased discussion since i discussed it last LOL

#projectfearforteens

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trump thinks the Scots voted Leave!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!
    he doesnt live in the real world though

can you imagine him meeting world leaders in the state he looks sometimes, its almost comical
    What a great weapon that would be! He would be deadly. He actually has a brilliant mind.

I feel the one person that is liable for starting this is Angela Merkel.

he doesnt live in the real world though

Ideal candidate for President of the most deluded country on the planet after all then ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Ideal candidate for President of the most deluded country on the planet after all then ..
    they give me disneyworld though

who did! France ? i hope you are not retarded

7% more expensive next time Matt

I make that £12k holiday £12,840 now

Quote Originally Posted by mike downtownabbey View Post
    who did! France ? i hope you are not retarded
    you do realise we are discussing Trump

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    7% more expensive next time Matt

I make that £12k holiday £12,840 now
    only £ 500 away from having my spends for this year, By next year it'll all have calmed down and we will be back to norm

saying that, we went when it was $2 to £1 once ( before we had the children ) so you have to take the rough with the smooth

only £ 500 away from having my spends for this year, By next year it'll all have calmed down and we will be back to norm

saying that, we went when it was $2 to £1 once ( before we had the children ) so you have to take the rough with the smooth
    When I went to New York in 2005 it was around 2:1