+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Second referendum past 100k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Second referendum past 100k

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It seems maybe a lot of "Leave" voters are having second thoughts especially those who simply wanted to give Cameron & Co a bloody nose. Don't forget over 25% of the people registered to vote didn't vote - that's at least 12 million people. I wonder would they be split 50:50 too if they were persuaded to vote in a second referendum - maybe not?
    if the split was 52 - 48, you have to assume it would be similar for the non-voters, or are we saying that more " remain'ers " couldnt be bothered to vote ? ? ?, maybe they were not 100 % sure either, thus could go the other way

we will never know though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if the split was 52 - 48, you have to assume it would be similar for the non-voters, or are we saying that more " remain'ers " couldnt be bothered to vote ? ? ?, maybe they were not 100 % sure either, thus could go the other way

we will never know though
    I suspect the "remainers" thought it was a done deal (albeit a close run thing) and didn't bother to vote. I was a "leaver" but had a last minute dither over whether to vote or not, thinking that my vote wouldn't count for the same reason! As it happened my vote didn't make any difference because our area was 63% leave anyway! So in answer to your question I think many more of the non-voters would vote Remain rather than Leave if there were to be a re-run.

I suspect the "remainers" thought it was a done deal (albeit a close run thing) and didn't bother to vote. I was a "leaver" but had a last minute dither over whether to vote or not, thinking that my vote wouldn't count for the same reason! As it happened my vote didn't make any difference because our area was 63% leave anyway! So in answer to your question I think many more of the non-voters would vote Remain rather than Leave if there were to be a re-run.
    you might be right

on the flip side, maybe they were " leave'ers " who didnt vote as they thought like you did and their vote wouldnt make much of a difference as the remain were going to win

as i said, we might never know

What is the significance of that?

Your vote didn't make much difference because the UK vote was 51.8% in favour of leave and about 1 million more than remain. The split in your area is irrelevant.