+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second referendum past 100k

Re: Second referendum past 100k

It seems that the petition was started by a leave campaigner thinking that remain would win..

https://m.facebook.com/Oliver.Healey...41575492720794

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    It seems that the petition was started by a leave campaigner thinking that remain would win..

https://m.facebook.com/Oliver.Healey...41575492720794
    Which follows Farage's message that 52-48 would leave unfinished business.

there's going to be signatures removed , they are investigating fraudalent signatures . There's 37,000 signatures on there from Vatigan City which has a population of 1,000

Petitions Committee ‏@HoCpetitions 2h2 hours ago

We are investigating allegations of fraudulent use of the petitions site. Signatures found to be fraudulent will be removed.
    414 retweets 266 likes

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    there's going to be signatures removed , they are investigating fraudalent signatures . There's 37,000 signatures on there from Vatigan City which has a population of 1,000

Petitions Committee ‏@HoCpetitions 2h2 hours ago

We are investigating allegations of fraudulent use of the petitions site. Signatures found to be fraudulent will be removed.
    414 retweets 266 likes
    Probably a few M.Mouse's on there.
    If so i'll bet blue matt will have a knock on his door.

I blame Boaty McBoatface He started all this

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Probably a few M.Mouse's on there.
    If so i'll bet blue matt will have a knock on his door.
    If anything, he would sign it as Mr Burrito from Zimbabwe

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It's scary that even now some people don't even realise that every vote counted. Gofer Blue where the hell have you been?
    Pearcey3: Sorry, of course I knew that! I suppose I was just putting things into perspective in my own locality i.e. that I was not in a minority "round by 'ere". It was strange watching the results come in through the early hours of Friday as I had to keep reminding myself that it was the total number of votes that mattered, not the number of districts that kept turning blue on Jeremy Vines famous charts. I was nervous that the big city votes could skew the whole thing but as it turned out these were insufficient to do that.

7 in 10 labour voters went for brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Dear God. It shows how weak Labour are at the moment.

Is that true?

John McDonnell has been saying this morning that 7 out of 10 Labour voters backed remain.

I don't know if that is true either (doubt it) but in any case how can anyone know.

If the pre-vote opinion polls are the source of these claims they are almost certainly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is that true?

John McDonnell has been saying this morning that 7 out of 10 Labour voters backed remain.

I don't know if that is true either (doubt it) but in any case how can anyone know.

If the pre-vote opinion polls are the source of these claims they are almost certainly wrong.
    I couldn't verify it, passed over my screen watching the BBC news whilst having din dins

I don think it can be true. Given all the support UKIP have these days and that around half of Tories voted for exit. I suspect 7 in 10 voted to stay in but turnout was down. Having said that 7 in 10 of Labour voters in Sunderland and Hartlepool probably did vote for Brexit.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06...voted-and-why/

Here's the breakdown for the largest parties. I stress this is an opinion poll as there's no record of how various party supporters actually voted of course.

Banned

Attached Images Attached Images

Up to 3.27 million now, pretty crazy

https://www.change.org/p/david-camer...fb_ref=Default

Here's a petition that has a better chance of being recognised. When there is such a reliance on slogans over policies we should make sure that those slogans are based in fact.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06...voted-and-why/

Here's the breakdown for the largest parties. I stress this is an opinion poll as there's no record of how various party supporters actually voted of course.
    I find some of the party breakdowns very hard to believe in that.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    In healthcare the most common way of making decisions is to use what's called a "QALY". It stands for "Quality Adjusted Life Index/Years". Suppose two candidates are available for a liver transplant: an 8 year old and a 68 year old. Further assume both will drop dead at 80. The QALY for the two candidates would be heavily weighted in favour of the 8 year old because they have potentially 72 years of life to live post transplant. I'm sure you get it. Now look at the Ashcroft poll. The majority of under 44 year olds voted for Remain and they would have more weight in a "RALY" (Referendum Adjusted Life Index/Years). What do you think? I'm sure you'll think OMOV is the way but the RALY seems way fairer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    How many referenda would it take before we got to a 60-40 split? We'd be voting forever!!
    Maybe we can do the same if Wales draw and we wanted a win.What a load of bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    In healthcare the most common way of making decisions is to use what's called a "QALY". It stands for "Quality Adjusted Life Index/Years". Suppose two candidates are available for a liver transplant: an 8 year old and a 68 year old. Further assume both will drop dead at 80. The QALY for the two candidates would be heavily weighted in favour of the 8 year old because they have potentially 72 years of life to live post transplant. I'm sure you get it. Now look at the Ashcroft poll. The majority of under 44 year olds voted for Remain and they would have more weight in a "RALY" (Referendum Adjusted Life Index/Years). What do you think? I'm sure you'll think OMOV is the way but the RALY seems way fairer to me.
    My sister in law is currently recovering from a double transplant, liver and kidney, the Liver she received was split, a piece for her , she is above 60 but below 70, the other piece was given to a young child, i'm not disputing any stats or figures just saying what happened in her case, obviously we do not know how the child is doing, but my sister in law's body has coped with the liver but has struggled with the kidney.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Apparently the petition has been hijacked by people overseas

First Team

My sister in law is currently recovering from a double transplant, liver and kidney, the Liver she received was split, a piece for her , she is above 60 but below 70, the other piece was given to a young child, i'm not disputing any stats or figures just saying what happened in her case, obviously we do not know how the child is doing, but my sister in law's body has coped with the liver but has struggled with the kidney.
    Hope she does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Apparently the petition has been hijacked by people overseas
    Apparently the petition has been hijacked by Remain supporters!

Outrageous way to treat a sensible petition set up a month ago (by a pro-Leave member of the English Democrats) at a time when it looked as if Remain would win. Clearly if the polls were right and remain won with a vote in the low 50%s it would be too close to be a proper mandate and a second referendum would be needed. Who could argue with that? Any objection to that must be, as Goslow keeps posting, SOUR GRAPES.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/cr...aigner-2016-6?

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Apparently the petition has been hijacked by Remain supporters!

Outrageous way to treat a sensible petition set up a month ago (by a pro-Leave member of the English Democrats) at a time when it looked as if Remain would win. Clearly if the polls were right and remain won with a vote in the low 50%s it would be too close to be a proper mandate and a second referendum would be needed. Who could argue with that? Any objection to that must be, as Goslow keeps posting, SOUR GRAPES.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/cr...aigner-2016-6?

You couldn't make this stuff up!
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/david-camer...fb_ref=Default

Here's a petition that has a better chance of being recognised. When there is such a reliance on slogans over policies we should make sure that those slogans are based in fact.
    We really really need that. The number of obvious lies from both sides was insulting to the electorate.