+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FTSE100

FTSE100

Recovered during the course of the day and actually ends the week with a gain. Unexpected?

Re: FTSE100

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Recovered during the course of the day and actually ends the week with a gain. Unexpected?
    I gave up trying to understand what logic (if any) drives the stock markets many years ago. It is mainly driven by greed, fear or rumours. Although I knew I would be shooting myself in the foot to some extent as the value of my pension pot is directly linked to the FTSE100, I voted to "Leave" yesterday. There will be volatility for some time to come but that has been the case for FTSE for over a year anyway. A 3% fall is nothing - just take a look at the FTSE chart for the last 5 years. I was expecting something of the order of 30% by the way the pundits were talking about it "falling over the cliff" etc this morning!

My boss reckons he now has to work til 65 instead of 55 because of the value wiped off his pension.

If I knew that I'd never have voted out.
    I actually changed my mind several times but the bullies on here and in the office trying to take your vote as well as their own I end up ticking leave in the end.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 24-06-16 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    My boss reckons he now has to work til 65 instead of 55 because of the value wiped off his pension.

If I knew that I'd never have voted out.
    I actually changed my mind several times but the bullies on here and in the office trying to take your vote as well as their own I end up ticking leave in the end.
    Does he have a crystal ball or something - how can he possibly say that? How far off is his 55th birthday? My pension pot increase/decreases with regularity as there has been much volatility in the stock markets for some time. A 3% fall today is well within the "normal" range of fluctuation, certainly no cause for panic.

It's higher than 4days ago! What age was he going to retire at the start of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Does he have a crystal ball or something - how can he possibly say that? How far off is his 55th birthday? My pension pot increase/decreases with regularity as there has been much volatility in the stock markets for some time. A 3% fall today is well within the "normal" range of fluctuation, certainly no cause for panic.
    I agree but he knows best much like some on here and no one else is allowed to have an opinion if it doesn't agree with his.

He's about 47. He's always paid a lot into his pension but he could retire tomorrow as hes married for a 2nd time to a multi millionaire. Sucked his way to director of the company.

I pressedd his buttons when he was scaremongering about taxes being raised earlier that they should tax the rich.

His answer was why should the people with brains who've done well for themselves be punished?

I said brains are not necessarily linked to how much you earn and that there were far more intelligent people than him in the company on a lesser salary.

He didn't like it but **** him.

interesting to hear some financial experts on my drive home today saying the ftse index is up from the start of the year and we shouldn't worry too much about pensions in the long run . selling manufactured goods in the uk would be cheaper abroad initially hopefully they are right !