+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

That so many of the next generation could have had the opportunity to study, love and work easily in 27 other countries taken away from them mostly by a generation who have had all these benefits available to them

Working abroad is one of the best experiences I've had in my life, learning new languages, meeting new friends and having new experiences that you wouldn't simply by living in the uk.

Also the potential for top jobs to be lost in this country, coming from the valleys I've already seen the effect jobs disappearing can have on a location a lot of places have changed from being vibrant close nit communities to glorified commuter towns.

There's the possibility that things might not change if a decent deal is negotiated by the next PM (are you happy having a far right Tory negotiating with your children's future?).

If you had a good reason for voting for leaving the EU fair enough, although I'm still yet to hear one reason that isn't conjecture, hate filled, conspiracy based or just wanting to return to the chocolate box uk of the persons youth. If you voted leave without having a good reason for it you deserve every bit of anger that comes your way, especially if it's coming from the younger generation who could have just had 1000s of opportunities pulled from under them by one selfish narrow minded vote.

Re: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That so many of the next generation could have had the opportunity to study, love and work easily in 27 other countries taken away from them mostly by a generation who have had all these benefits available to them

Working abroad is one of the best experiences I've had in my life, learning new languages, meeting new friends and having new experiences that you wouldn't simply by living in the uk.

Also the potential for top jobs to be lost in this country, coming from the valleys I've already seen the effect jobs disappearing can have on a location a lot of places have changed from being vibrant close nit communities to glorified commuter towns.

There's the possibility that things might not change if a decent deal is negotiated by the next PM (are you happy having a far right Tory negotiating with your children's future?).

If you had a good reason for voting for leaving the EU fair enough, although I'm still yet to hear one reason that isn't conjecture, hate filled, conspiracy based or just wanting to return to the chocolate box uk of the persons youth. If you voted leave without having a good reason for it you deserve every bit of anger that comes your way, especially if it's coming from the younger generation who could have just had 1000s of opportunities pulled from under them by one selfish narrow minded vote.
    Hear, hear.

I meant live abroad* not love but if anything you can add that in too. So many potential future friends and marriages could be wiped out by this vote.

^THIS

We feel that the older generation has screwed us over again

"This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    "This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."
    L O L

I hanker for the ration books again

Good post Adz.

And don't forget several recessions they experienced, high unemployment, negative equity, hardly any access to university education and endowment policies that fell way short of their targets. The average Joe has little control over the economy whenever he was born.

Please tell me how you know how a certain age group voted in the referendum?

There are stats everywhere about how age groups voted

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

Because they keep interviewing old people on the news and they are all out. Because of polls, because of official stats. Granted not all of them, would be voting out but its a large majority.

Awe.. Never mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And don't forget several recessions they experienced, high unemployment, negative equity, hardly any access to university education and endowment policies that fell way short of their targets. The average Joe has little control over the economy whenever he was born.
    ^^^^ this,

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Awe.. Never mind....
    Unfortunately the exact attitude I'd expect, it's a huge shame.

Especially from a man who found love and work away from where he was born. Who knows if the next generations of scots would get the same opportunity you did if Scotland leaves the union. And I hope they do now, the scots have come out of this looking genuinely more enlightened than the English and Welsh and deserve their independence and access to the EU.
    Last edited by Croesy Blue; 25-06-16 at 09:17.

I meant live abroad* not love but if anything you can add that in too. So many potential future friends and marriages could be wiped out by this vote.
    Possibly even current. Depends what our new human rights will be.

We may very well be the first generation to say "It was better in my day". The world is a smaller place for the next generation of British people.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Possibly even current. Depends what our new human rights will be.

We may very well be the first generation to say "It was better in my day". The world is a smaller place for the next generation of British people.
    every generation looks back with rose tinted specs, nothing new there

Unfortunately the exact attitude I'd expect, it's a huge shame.

Especially from a man who found love and work away from where he was born. Who knows if the next generations of scots would get the same opportunity you did if Scotland leaves the union. And I hope they do now, the scots have come out of this looking genuinely more enlightened than the English and Welsh and deserve their independence and access to the EU.
    Does it matter what happens to the next generation of Scots? Jimmy's alright.

A YouGov poll put 18-24 year olds as 75% Remain. 25-49 56% Remain. 50-64 44% Remain. 65+ 39% remain.

I don't know what the turnouts were across each group - we also know YouGov have been getting it wrong lately.

There are certainly more older voters than younger, because our country has an ageing population. That's why we need immigration - to pay for the pensions of the old, and the benefits of those unable to work.

Blog Entries

You are all talking like we are leaving the EU, yesterday was just the beginning, you will now endure a few months of Project fear2 - back with a vengeance, stock up on popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You are all talking like we are leaving the EU, yesterday was just the beginning, you will now endure a few months of Project fear2 - back with a vengeance, stock up on popcorn.
    It will be very interesting to see how this works. I know you were saying that even if the UK votes out, they'll stay in. Maybe you didn't say that definitively - but you suggested it I am sure (apologies if not). Did you think it would be Boris who would be hesitating?

A YouGov poll put 18-24 year olds as 75% Remain. 25-49 56% Remain. 50-64 44% Remain. 65+ 39% remain.

I don't know what the turnouts were across each group - we also know YouGov have been getting it wrong lately.

There are certainly more older voters than younger, because our country has an ageing population. That's why we need immigration - to pay for the pensions of the old, and the benefits of those unable to work.
    Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?

It will be very interesting to see how this works. I know you were saying that even if the UK votes out, they'll stay in. Maybe you didn't say that definitively - but you suggested it I am sure (apologies if not). Did you think it would be Boris who would be hesitating?
    Behind closed doors, it's quite clear that Boris is shitting his pants. He was using this to chalk up experience and get his face recognised as a contender for leader of the Tories. It's all happened very quickly and he's trying to stall.

Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?
    To be fair, even if they are 4% out as they were with the official one, then that still tells the same story.