+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

First Team

Re: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Interesting - and much overlooked - take on Brexit. But is it going to be impossible to work in Europe once the exit is finalised? Will it not still be very much possible to work and live in Europe, in the same way you can do so in Canada, Australia etc (albeit with the obstacle of various processes and being subject to meeting certain criteria)?

My partner is Cypriot and when I move back to the UK at the end of the year I would very much like her to be able to follow me.
    I think the point is at the moment you can just up sticks and go to Europe. That was the beauty of it.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    For the past decade around 140,000 UK citizens have emigrated every year, which is roughly 0.2% of the population. This much-vaunted freedom to work in the EU has been used by very few UK citizens.

Attachment 509

And what's more, only a small proportion of UK emigrants move to EU countries.

Attachment 510
    I have seen this data before so I'm not arguing with the source. Don't you find the number of Brits in Spain puzzling in light of this though?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    "This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."
    What a ridiculous generalisation!

"This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."
    We also had good " glasto's "

you know, ones without Adele headlining on a saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We also had good " glasto's "

you know, ones without Adele headlining on a saturday night
    You know my opinion on what is the greatest Glasto...

You know my opinion on what is the greatest Glasto...
    2011 ? ? ?

when bowling for soup played ? ? ?

2011 ? ? ?

when bowling for soup played ? ? ?
    Matt, did you get your burrito from Cali or Amsterdam? With paper instead of tortilla?

Matt, did you get your burrito from Cali or Amsterdam? With paper instead of tortilla?
    go on then

81VGW9VHQ9L._SX522_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That so many of the next generation.....................................y one selfish narrow minded vote.
    A majority of those who could be bothered to turn out voted to leave. They have been there for a long time and they have been ignored by the political elite, until they had a chance to have their voices heard. Its called democracy.

Don't worry, those who can afford to employ clever accountants will still be able to use tax havens to avoid paying taxes in the UK or EU.

The guy who did the greatest Glasto set sometimes eats at Taco Bell, apparently. Shall we make him honorary member of the Burrito Gang, and rename it GOOD Burrito?

The guy who did the greatest Glasto set sometimes eats at Taco Bell, apparently. Shall we make him honorary member of the Burrito Gang, and rename it GOOD Burrito?
    will he bring his board game with him ?? ?

51WxgI8otpL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I am not taking this serious enough am i ? ? ?

will he bring his board game with him ?? ?

51WxgI8otpL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I am not taking this serious enough am i ? ? ?
    **** the board game, he needs to bring his kicks (dw, some days he wears his Vans)

**** the board game, he needs to bring his kicks (dw, some days he wears his Vans)
    after chatting about trainers last night on here ( on a US shopping discussion i managed to drop in i had been to disney just incase one member didnt know ) i dug out some more pairs of Vans, turns out i have too many pairs ( according to the wife )

On the other hand our money will not go on stuff like this.
    Last month, the European Parliament’s legal affairs committee published a draft report calling for the EU to vote on whether robots should be legally considered “electronic persons with specific rights and obligations.”
    I know it's hard to believe but that's the sort of crap they waste money on. Can even the most devoted europhile justify that?